PDA

View Full Version : Super Lurker

snake_chaser
8/16/2006 4:50am,
I have been a lurker for 2 years, almost to the day, mostly because I know I practice bullshido at a mcdojo. My excuse is its free and a good cardio workout three times a week. I do taekwondo in a suburb of milwaukee and am a poor college student at UWM. I cant afford the Duke Roufus kickboxing, MMA, and Boxing academy quite yet, but thats where i plan to go in about six months when my car loan is payed off.

It seems like UWM is lacking in MA clubs. Theres an akido club, a kung fu club, a kobudo club and a capoiera club, but I don't believe any of them spar at all. I am severely lacking in serious combat training and want to know if anyone here is in the milwaukee area and knows of a martial arts club that actually spars hard and is relativley (sp?) cheap.

Jez
8/16/2006 5:09am,
Surely there must be boxing gyms somewhere around your area? they are scattered all over the place.

But then, im from australia..

p.s:

"I have been a lurker for 2 years, almost to the day"

you remember the day you started lurking?

PaperTiger
8/16/2006 5:34am,
damn man I feel bad for you hope u get out of your shitty bullshido school I have also been a long time lurker welcome to the site

Lefty
8/16/2006 5:39am,
Get a few street fighting tips from the Fonz! :thumbsup:

snake_chaser
8/16/2006 12:30pm,
Surely there must be boxing gyms somewhere around your area? they are scattered all over the place.

But then, im from australia..

p.s:

"I have been a lurker for 2 years, almost to the day"

you remember the day you started lurking?

My brothers birthday was last week and I got my computer that same week 2 years ago and looked up sme MA stuff. Yeah there are boxing gyms but I cant afford them right now. I was looking for more of a training group that meets once a week to spar or something.

Airman Kai
8/16/2006 1:09pm,
Get a few of your classmates who wanna turn up the heat, and go at it.

G8
8/16/2006 1:33pm,
Judo. cheap and everywhere.

http://www.usjudo.org/wis.asp

RoninPimp
8/16/2006 1:59pm,
Another vote for easy to find, usually cheap, but very useful Judo.

Olorin
8/16/2006 2:26pm,
Ya I'm thinking Judo might be the way to go. I looked up the MA available at UWMs Klotsche Center and it looks pretty weak at first glance.

Lets all take a look

SHORIN-RYU KARATE

This class combines traditions of Bushido with intense physical training, strengthening the mind, body, and spirit. It involves directed or focused blows of the hands and feet, accompanied by special breathing. More than a method of combat, karate emphasizes discipline, positive attitude and high moral purpose. This is a great way to get in or stay in shape and learn self-defense skills.

WAPP Blast

Learn proper punching and kicking techniques and feel empowered through the use of focus pads. This class uses a variety of Martial Arts moves that will help you improve cardiovascular fitness, enhance muscle tone and increase confidence.