PDA

View Full Version : New Kickboxer in town

Vampire_Mammoth
8/12/2006 1:35pm,
Hey
My name is James, I've done Chinese Kickboxing for about 2 years, and I'm wanting to do Judo or BJJ aswell. I heard about this place from a mate after I got sucked into some shitty karate club. Fuckin bollocks.

looking forward to being here

Vampire_Mammoth

Odacon
8/12/2006 3:10pm,
What is chinese kickboxing?

Vampire_Mammoth
8/12/2006 4:04pm,
Its modified shaolin kung fu for full contact competitions.

manitobamantis
8/12/2006 4:07pm,
describe "modified" ,plz.

Matsufubu
8/12/2006 5:19pm,

That sounds promising. Do you train that way too?

And yes, how is it 'modified'?

Odacon
8/12/2006 5:23pm,

Website. And videos.

elipson
8/12/2006 5:43pm,
Sounds like a Sanda type thing.

Lights Out
8/12/2006 6:27pm,
Yup, sounds like Sanda, or Shan shou (sp?).

I'd say probably it is.

RunningDog
8/12/2006 6:37pm,
Hey
My name is James, I've done Chinese Kickboxing for about 2 years, and I'm wanting to do Judo or BJJ aswell. I heard about this place from a mate after I got sucked into some shitty karate club. Fuckin bollocks.

looking forward to being here

Vampire_Mammoth

Is there any chance by 'chinese kickboxing' you meant this? (http://www.sussexkungfu.co.uk/index.php)

Vampire_Mammoth
8/13/2006 6:58am,
Is there any chance by 'chinese kickboxing' you meant this? (http://www.sussexkungfu.co.uk/index.php)

No, thats not my club :)

It's modified in that instead of doing a **** load of forms and ****, we do loads of bag work, sparring (not the shitty TKD happy-tap crap) and some basic groundwork drills, although that isnt our focus (hence why i wanna do BJJ or Judo)

I'll try and sort out some videos at the next class.

RunningDog
8/14/2006 1:59am,
It's modified in that instead of doing a **** load of forms and ****, we do loads of bag work, sparring (not the shitty TKD happy-tap crap) and some basic groundwork drills, although that isnt our focus .

What's Chinese about it?