PDA

View Full Version : Odacon to Wing Tsun: Dramatic music doesn't fool me!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Odacon
7/30/2006 5:05pm,
Here we go folks, another awful Wing Tsun (it's how it's spelled in the clip) video, but this on features rousingly dramatic music designed it make it appear more usrgent, and therefore, more not crap. Does it work? Fucking sure it doesn't!

Edit: media tags don't seem to be working so here's the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4238223957347829494&q=kung+fu

Backdraft
7/30/2006 5:35pm,
Sweet merciful Shiva, please kill it. Note I'm having a hell of a time adding tags.^^

Lu Tze
7/30/2006 7:24pm,
The more of this **** I see the more I'm convinced that _ing _un is just a collosal joke inflicted on the west by China to get us back for selling them all that opium.

No seriously, what the **** are these people thinking?

CanucKyokushin
7/30/2006 9:02pm,
I don't remember ever doing _ing-un.Or any of its derivatives. I do remember a girl slapping me in the face in high-school. Maybe that was ving-tsun?

But my question is. Taking into consideration of the whole system. Is there nothing ,say a boxer, could use to add to his knowledge as a boxer? Or Kick boxer or Karateka?

Is there absolutely nothing? Not even the deflection moves I watched in the vid?Something about the art that could help validate it?

mrblackmagic
7/30/2006 9:15pm,
I don't remember ever doing _ing-un.Or any of its derivatives. I do remember a girl slapping me in the face in high-school. Maybe that was ving-tsun?

But my question is. Taking into consideration of the whole system. Is there nothing ,say a boxer, could use to add to his knowledge as a boxer? Or Kick boxer or Karateka?

Is there absolutely nothing? Not even the deflection moves I watched in the vid?Something about the art that could help validate it?

Not really. The elements similar to Wing Chun were dropped pretty early on. In English boxing any way.

Airman Kai
7/30/2006 9:28pm,
My brain started to hurt at about 1'32, so I can only assume the rest of the video was just as bad.

CanucKyokushin
7/30/2006 9:33pm,
Not really. The elements similar to Wing Chun were dropped pretty early on. In English boxing any way.
Are you talking about deflections?

Ke?poFist
7/30/2006 10:29pm,
fucking pirates of the carribbean song!?!?!?!

ChrisWTK
7/30/2006 11:02pm,
fucking pirates of the carribbean song!?!?!?!:thefinger

I don't care for the video though.

Ke?poFist
7/30/2006 11:43pm,
:thefinger

I don't care for the video though.

Who the hell listens to the POTC adventure song, let alone set it to a martial arts theme? Some wierd people out there I tell ya ;)

TehDeadlyDimMak
7/30/2006 11:47pm,
I was going to give it one star, but the music made me laugh so I gave it two.

TehDeadlyDimMak
7/30/2006 11:48pm,
Also the characters remind me of the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" cast for some strange reason...

Goju - Joe
7/31/2006 12:08am,
Why is every wing chun practioner so skinny?

mrblackmagic
7/31/2006 12:18am,
Are you talking about deflections?

Barring and parrying too.

ChrisWTK
7/31/2006 12:21am,
Who the hell listens to the POTC adventure song, let alone set it to a martial arts theme? Some wierd people out there I tell ya ;)

Me? Well...personally I think only XMA should be set to music, but since I can't do most of the gymnastics I'm stuck with kempo. And in this video the wing chun doesn't even go with the music so there's no point in having it. Atleast the katas in kempo somewhat fit...of course you'll have to ignore the fact that they weren't designed to go with music in the first place, and even doing them to music serves no purpose other than to make them more interesting.

Ke?poFist
7/31/2006 12:27am,
Me? Well...personally I think only XMA should be set to music, but since I can't do most of the gymnastics I'm stuck with kempo. And in this video the wing chun doesn't even go with the music so there's no point in having it. Atleast the katas in kempo somewhat fit...of course you'll have to ignore the fact that they weren't designed to go with music in the first place, and even doing them to music serves no purpose other than to make them more interesting.

Life has a rhythm...you just have to feel it....let your katas flow with da beat...