PDA

View Full Version : What to tell a ninjitsu/kung-fu practicioner?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nurb
7/24/2006 4:09pm,
not so much about the styles, but his attitute that kung-fu is 'the ultimate' when dealing with multiple attackers (real world situation) or when someone has a knife. Now I know the eagerness to fight 2 or more is a joke and unrealistic without decades of training if not more, but how would I word a response to this about the dangers of taking these situations head on?

He doesn't seem to think about the fact that in real fights, a person will get hit and the danger of a lucky hit that will drop him, or the more than likely injury when defending against a knife attack training or not.

What should I actually say without sounding insulting?

Omega Supreme
7/24/2006 4:16pm,
*Blank look on face:

Have you seen the search function button yet?

kungfujew
7/24/2006 4:16pm,
Insult him, then have sex with his mother.

It is Fake
7/24/2006 4:17pm,
not so much about the styles, but his attitute that kung-fu is 'the ultimate' when dealing with multiple attackers (real world situation) or when someone has a knife. Now I know the eagerness to fight 2 or more is a joke and unrealistic without decades of training if not more, but how would I word a response to this about the dangers of taking these situations head on?

He doesn't seem to think about the fact that in real fights, a person will get hit and the danger of a lucky hit that will drop him, or the more than likely injury when defending against a knife attack training or not.

What should I actually say without sounding insulting?
Can you kick his ass?

DerAuslander
7/24/2006 4:21pm,
Don't waste your time.

Better yet, don't waste ours.

CanucKyokushin
7/24/2006 4:31pm,
If he's your friend than there's no other thing better than to tell a friend he's training in ****.You can...

A)Pay a of bunch of teenagers to beat him up so he can see the light.

B)You learn boxing for a year and one day you ask him to spar.Tell him at first you should both go light .Then when he realises that nothing is working that's when you KO him.Preferably in front of his other Kung-fu friends.

Since a friend should always be there for a best bud.I would suggest B).

Cormoran
7/24/2006 4:34pm,
For the knife one just grab a knife shaped piece of cardboard and stab him constantly whilst giggling like a girl.

What? That's how i learnt!

nurb
7/24/2006 4:56pm,
*Blank look on face:

Have you seen the search function button yet?
I did but the threads that came up didn't mention the real dangers of fighting groups or those with weapons.

Thanks for (some) of the advice... I'm already banging his mother, but thats another story

kungfujew
7/24/2006 4:57pm,
Good on you.

Rubber Tanto
7/25/2006 12:47am,
I have plenty of friends and work colleagues that do a variety of martial arts with a variety of skill/experience and I have never heard one of them boast they can take on multiple knife weilding attackers effortlessly...

Its not the martial art here that's the problem
It's your friend.

fanatical
7/25/2006 2:06am,
Let me rephrase that for him. It's not your friend that's the problem. It's you.

Omega Supreme
7/25/2006 2:26am,
You could always send him to the ask Omega section and I'll make sure to use lubrication while inserting my foot up his kung-fu ass.

rino86
7/25/2006 2:45am,
get a sharpie and challenge him to defend himself from your ink knife. Once hes all marked to ****, it will be pretty hard to refute the evidence.

Asriel
7/25/2006 4:02am,
Or just have you and a friend attack him with Knives... Two birds, One stone plus he won't ever talk to you again :)

Mars
7/25/2006 8:12am,
I am getting incredibly bord with posts like this. If you don't want to offend the person then just tell them in a nice way. But of course they won't listen.

I have been in a few situations like this. typically I challenge them to a friendly match to prove my point. Last week this san sou (or whatever) guy I know had this retarded conversation about how ground fighting was for sissies and would never work against teh [email protected] Bung Fool. i tapped him three times in a row in a matter of seconds for all three matches, By the third time I am pretty sure he started to get the point. But of course his ego will fix that soon enough I'm sure

Omega Supreme
7/25/2006 8:21am,
I am getting incredibly bord with posts like this. If you don't want to offend the person then just tell them in a nice way. But of course they won't listen.

I have been in a few situations like this. typically I challenge them to a friendly match to prove my point. Last week this san sou (or whatever) guy I know had this retarded conversation about how ground fighting was for sissies and would never work against teh [email protected] Bung Fool. i tapped him three times in a row in a matter of seconds for all three matches, By the third time I am pretty sure he started to get the point. But of course his ego will fix that soon enough I'm sure

Oh, the irony. Gee, an MMA trained fighter vs a San Shou Bong fu fighter. *yawn. The hillarious thing is you still didn't prove your point.