PDA

View Full Version : is tape trading still allowed on this forum

Pages : [1] 2

GenkiSudo
7/03/2003 3:40pm,
I was wondering if they still allow this on this forum,

Omega Supreme
7/04/2003 1:27am,
Actually I was wondering this too ever since this guy Proffessor guy showed up pawning off his goods. I think this should not be allowed from a business point of view. A website could be held at fault in such a case. This is why other sites prohibit this besides cutting into potential business for that website. Heck 1 word "Napster". nuff said.

Go away I'm talking to myself

DanielSainty
7/04/2003 1:30am,
I have hundreds of NTSC instructional tapes to trade ;)

GenkiSudo
7/04/2003 3:36am,
it use to be allowed back when I joined, and that when when this site first opened. I really miss those days with all the trolls and stuff

J-kid
7/04/2003 5:38am,
Your gonna have to ask phrost.

Phrost
7/04/2003 11:16am,
If you own the tape, and it's been purchased from a legitimate source, I don't see why you couldn't trade it to someone for another tape.

Just make sure you're not ripping off the guys who make it, especially MMA guys. Most of them don't make squat as it is, and they deserve every cent the tapes are worth.

Omega Supreme
7/04/2003 3:13pm,
Phrost the reason why you don't want to do that is because copyright laws prevent trading of of such things, specifically if you copy and give them to somebody else. If you actually sell or trade a non copy of the tape that's something different. Check with you lawyer my friend you'll get my meaning.

PizDoff
7/04/2003 4:01pm,
uh no Phrost......

omega is correct

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
http://www.fightauthority.com/

Phrost
7/04/2003 5:50pm,
I didn't say anything about people copying them. I was speaking about people swapping the actual tapes they bought. If you purchased the tape, I'm pretty sure you have the right to trade it for another tape.

Copying the tape would fall under taking food out of the mouths of the guy's kids.

Omega Supreme
7/04/2003 8:33pm,
My point being phrost is that you don't know the quality, condition, or how the person came by the tape. Its a fine line. Hey its your website do as you wish. From a business stand point I don't think its smart. What if you want to start selling tapes via this website?

Phrost
7/04/2003 10:35pm,
I know, and you are right Omega. My point is if I see a message saying "Hey man, I've got a set of Joe Son, Iron Cahones series I'll trade for a set of Fred Ettish, attacking the hands with the face" I'm not going to start banning people.

On the other hand, if someone makes a post along the lines "Got NE bootlegs" or "where can i dl sum free vidz n stuff lol" I'll likely fire a warning shot then cut them in half with the Bullshido Blade(TM)

Roidie McDouchebag
7/05/2003 1:56am,
Well I used to trade tapes...I never figured there was anything wrong with it. And from a business point of view...what are you Omega, a recording exec!?

Blad3
7/05/2003 9:16am,
Bullshido Blade(TM)(Windu)

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
"If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott (http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/displayfighter.cfm?fighterid=110)

Omega Supreme
7/05/2003 11:22am,
Well I used to trade tapes...I never figured there was anything wrong with it. And from a business point of view...what are you Omega, a recording exec!?

No I'm not an exec. I'm a hypocrite. I used to buy pirated videos all the time until the website closed down. I couldn't obtain the videos any other way at the time (UFC was banned of cable) is my only excuse. I buy at Sun Coast now. Actually cheaper than some of the bootleg crap and they're DVDs.

Omar
7/05/2003 12:20pm,
If you own the tape, and it's been purchased from a legitimate source, I don't see why you couldn't trade it to someone for another tape.

Just make sure you're not ripping off the guys who make it, especially MMA guys. Most of them don't make squat as it is, and they deserve every cent the tapes are worth.

I think that about sums it up. In fact, you don't even need to have purchased it. It just has to have been recorded by someone authorized to do so. No bootlegs. I'm not sure if even bootlegs are a problem if no money is trading hands. I'll ask my bro, since buying and selling dvd's/vhs is actually his line of work.

BAH ! Puny Humans !

Edited by - omar on July 05 2003 12:20:49

PizDoff
7/05/2003 1:46pm,
i think i read that wrong
nvm

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
http://www.fightauthority.com/