PDA

View Full Version : Vargas's Excellent Grappling Adventure

Vargas
6/29/2003 8:28pm,
Hey guys, made it back from Vegas. The tournament was a lot of fun, even if it did start late. Of course, every tourney I've been to started late, so that was no big deal. Had four matches, won three, lost to a Cesar Gracie guy named Nathan Diaz on points, 6-2(his brother, Nick, is a pretty kick-ass pro-MMA guy. He was there, too). In fact, three of the four guys I fought were Cesar Gracie students, so that was a little unusual. I really enjoyed talking to those guys, though, they had lots of class and were really cool to me and the other NM guys. Hey Wastrel, if you read this, ask Randy Spence or Nathan Diaz if they remember the guy from Jacksons.

It is evident to me that submission fighting, either gi or no-gi, is getting a lot better as the years go by. My first tournament was two years ago and I can see a big change since then. The guys who fought in the intermediate division back then would be considered good beginner grapplers today. The bar just keeps getting higher and higher. Hopefully, I won't get left in the dust :)

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

The Wastrel
6/29/2003 9:13pm,
Hey Varg, I train with Nathan all the time. I'll be sure to ask him about you. I ee Randy every once in awhile. He comes down from Chico to train with us.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Blad3
6/30/2003 3:35am,
cool dude. I need to get to one of those..

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
"If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott (http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/displayfighter.cfm?fighterid=110)

PizDoff
6/30/2003 9:13am,
"to a Cesar Gracie guy named Nathan Diaz on points, 6-2(his brother, Nick, is a pretty kick-ass pro-MMA guy. He was there, too)"
doesn't Omega train with Nick or something?

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
http://www.fightauthority.com/

The Wastrel
6/30/2003 2:03pm,
I do.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."