PDA

View Full Version : Hear me, Bullshidokas!!!

Choke
6/14/2003 6:49pm,
This site is really losing its focus, lately. Let's try to keep spam, post whoring, personal parodies, and otherwise non-MA related threads out of the general discussion and into the Off Topic or The Cage sections of this board. It is really getting out of hand.

I for one am guilty of this with my "I like Candy" parody of Blade Windu and I regret it.

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

Sensei Mak
6/14/2003 6:50pm,
stfu n00b

Sensei Mak
6/14/2003 6:50pm,
now i feel like a Bullshido.com regular

TaeBo_Master
6/14/2003 7:24pm,
Ashida Kim is my hero.

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --

Omen Stone
6/15/2003 1:37am,
Whats wrong with that choke? Really nothing, it happens and it slowlly goes back to being on topic.

I like Ashida Kim too, I think hes a very funny comic, must be a good actor he acts like hes serious about the ninja stuff.

Choke
6/15/2003 2:15am,
I've noticed that it goes on and off topic in cycles and that is fine. As of late it's been the worst I've ever seen it and I just wanted to voice my concern. I just wish that I could look on the general discussion and see something MA related and not have to sift through a lot of spam. I like off topic stuff too but only in its respective forum.

Sensei Mak
6/15/2003 2:17am,
Maybe people would feel more comfortable posting things if they felt like they werent gona get told how "stupid" their question is. The attitude of the forum should be that no question is a stupid question. And im sure some idiot will respond to this with criticism

Choke
6/15/2003 2:33am,
I too am a little frustrated at SOME reactions. Like anytime someone new asks a question that has been adressed someone gives them the search option. I love hearing new spins on old arguments once and awhile. Though some threads are just stupid. I would not want MMA and Skateboarding representing what is discussed in these forums. At least not in the general discussion.

Sensei Mak
6/15/2003 2:34am,
true

PizDoff
6/15/2003 9:35am,
"Maybe people would feel more comfortable posting things if they felt like they werent gona get told how "stupid" their question is."

If by that you mean your little "Kung-Fu" thread, please look at your first post.

No one here minds if a posted respectfully asks a question and not display any ignorant sterotypes that may have.

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

Omega Supreme
6/15/2003 12:21pm,
I haven't seen the STFU noob done in any form of seriousness. It's usually done in jest.

Choke: by all means give us some examples. I mean some posts just need to get pooped on because the poster starts getting stupid. But this is the reason I don't like Sherdog that much anymore, although they've cleaned up a bit.

Some people are just too serious sometimes and need to stop taking things sooooo personally.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Phrost
6/15/2003 12:23pm,
To help with this, we're going to need to fill out the FAQ section. If you know a thread that's answered a common question, post a link to it in that forum.

That way, the next time someone shows up and asks, they can be directed there.

Omega Supreme
6/15/2003 12:36pm,
To help with this, we're going to need to fill out the FAQ section. If you know a thread that's answered a common question, post a link to it in that forum.

That way, the next time someone shows up and asks, they can be directed there.

You mean like this????? (http://www.bullshido.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4142&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=8&Topic_ Title=Don%27t+ask&Forum_Title=General+Discussion)

Go away I'm talking to myself

Vargas
6/15/2003 12:37pm,
I think another factor that discourages threads with direct questions on martial arts is the numerous 'agendas' you find on this and every other MA website. When I say agendas, I mean those people who have a particular axe to grind and they are just waiting for someone to give them an opening to exploit. Example:

A forum member is fairly new to martial arts and asks a innocent question involving grappling/weapons/katas/competitions/striking combos/self defense or pretty much any other topic that comes to mind. Immediately, people pile on with this deluge of opinions and advice, a few of them worthwhile, most of them worthless. Some of the folks who respond are instructors, some are business owners with their own dojos, most are guys like me who spend 8-10 hours a week on their training. All of them feel this pathological need to shout down any opinion that doesn't 100% jive with what they are absolutely convinced is the truth. This is why people don't ask questions about 'serious' topics. They know it will just turn into a giant dogfight between the different camps, tribes or whatever you want to call these different factions.

The good news is that, yes, this does happen in cycles. Eventually, the "Listen to me and only me!" guys get bored with the lack of fresh posts to chew on and move to other parts of the world wide web. Then the normal members of this forum can go back to business as usual. So I'm just biding my time and waiting for some normality to return. It always does.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

Sensei Mak
6/15/2003 1:25pm,
I think another factor that discourages threads with direct questions on martial arts is the numerous 'agendas' you find on this and every other MA website. When I say agendas, I mean those people who have a particular axe to grind and they are just waiting for someone to give them an opening to exploit. Example:

A forum member is fairly new to martial arts and asks a innocent question involving grappling/weapons/katas/competitions/striking combos/self defense or pretty much any other topic that comes to mind. Immediately, people pile on with this deluge of opinions and advice, a few of them worthwhile, most of them worthless. Some of the folks who respond are instructors, some are business owners with their own dojos, most are guys like me who spend 8-10 hours a week on their training. All of them feel this pathological need to shout down any opinion that doesn't 100% jive with what they are absolutely convinced is the truth. This is why people don't ask questions about 'serious' topics. They know it will just turn into a giant dogfight between the different camps, tribes or whatever you want to call these different factions.

The good news is that, yes, this does happen in cycles. Eventually, the "Listen to me and only me!" guys get bored with the lack of fresh posts to chew on and move to other parts of the world wide web. Then the normal members of this forum can go back to business as usual. So I'm just biding my time and waiting for some normality to return. It always does.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

true