PDA

View Full Version : Final training schedule

Simps
6/05/2003 10:22am,
Ok, I've signed up at another Martial Arts school, next to the one I'm currently member of ... this means that I have the following training schedule

Monday: Pencak Silat (Si Pau)
Tuesday: Tae Kwon Do (ITF)
Wednesday: Ju Jitsu
Thursday: Tae Kwon Do (WTF)
Friday: Tae Kwon Do (ITF)
Saturday: Pencak Silat (Si Pau)
Sunday: I catch a breather :)

This is going to be so much fun :) All of my teachers have had several students who kicked butt in national competition, so this will be good :)

Simps

Fighty McGee
6/05/2003 10:38am,
That's a fun mix. Good range coverage. Don't burn out!

Simps
6/05/2003 10:45am,
I got tons of energy to burn :)

Simps

Miguksaram
6/05/2003 10:49am,
I agree with McGee, Pace yourself. It sounds like an exciting schedule you have set, but just becareful not to exhaust your body or your motivation.

Jeremy M. Talbott
http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html

Southpaw
6/05/2003 10:59am,
Seems like a bit much in my opinion. I'd much rather have 5 days of the same art. I've never tried it, but I imagine it would be difficult to really understand any of the 3 arts you've chosen when you're trying to process such different information in such little time. Not saying it's impossible, just really difficult.

Anyhow, my opinion aside, I wish you the best of luck.

OMG
6/05/2003 12:04pm,
Why not just take 6 days a week of BJJ or muay thai?

All those different days of MAs are useless 'cause you'll be, at best, mediocre at all of them. Shouldn't you just master 1 art?

Southpaw
6/05/2003 12:07pm,
Incidently, I would opt for multiple days of Pencak Silat if I were you.

PizDoff
6/05/2003 12:08pm,
WTF?
7 days a week.....

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

Fighty McGee
6/05/2003 12:10pm,
OMG & Amp, it really depends on his aptitude and how long he'll be doing it. 6 days a week of one art will certainly increase the retention of that art, but hell, it's his hobby.

Simps
6/06/2003 8:01am,
I love doing martial arts. Pencak Silat comes really natural. It's got some overlap with Mantis Kung Fu as well, surprisingly, so that's a bonus.

TKD is just hard work and takes lots of effort. I can deal with that :) It's a very solid workout.

Ju Jitsu is new for me, but I'm picking it up really easily and I like it. I still remember most of the Judo that's in Ju Jitsu, so that's a bonus too :)

Simps

Simps
6/06/2003 9:08am,
Besides ... you get out of a martial art what you put into it and I put a lot into it.

Next to that, it's not all that different. Ju Jitsu punching is not that different from TKD punching. Even the kicking has some overlap and definitely benefits from eachother.

As for grappling, Silat grappling and Ju Jitsu grappling looks different but operates on the same principles.

It's just style, the application is more or less the same.

Simps