PDA

View Full Version : .

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

big buck
6/05/2003 2:21am,

Edited by - big buck on June 05 2003 14:04:49

SamHarber
6/05/2003 2:32am,
I don't know about anyone else, but I get worried by anyone who describes themselves as "a real warrior"

I make no attempt to hide the fact that I'm a hobbyist MA. In much the same way that you make no attempt to hide the fact that you suffer from mental illness.

I'm always impressed when a troll comes on with a mostly articulate rant (with few spelling mistakes as well) without actually making a point. The big question is whether or not our new friend will care to enlighten us as to how we've gone wrong, or will he descend into a barrage of puerile filth and flaming.
Place your bets now.

Halogen
6/05/2003 2:56am,
The MENSA Troll

The MENSA Troll shares many characteristics of The Flamethrower Clone, but this style of poster refrains from writing as many blatant homosexual overtones. The general gist of all the MENSA Trolls' posts should hint at the idea that the MENSA Troll is the smartest creature in the world, and every time he posts a message, it is for the sole purpose of manipulating others on the forum. It doesn't matter what reaction he gets from anything he writes because the MENSA Troll can justify anything he wants. If, for some reason he is not able to justify it, he should ignore it completely and avoid the subject. Under NO circumstances should the MENSA Troll respond to anybody's criticisms of him; he should instead continue to criticize everybody else and avoid engaging in a two-way conversation.

edit: I should probably add, the above is not my own work.
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=61&p=2

Edited by - Halogen on June 05 2003 02:57:57

Greese
6/05/2003 3:05am,
Interesting, you must not be a real warrior since you are conversing on one of these topics.

noodles
6/05/2003 3:15am,
Actually greese, he's got himself covered on that point. Converse, per Merriam-Webster:

"1 archaic a : to become occupied or engaged b : to have acquaintance or familiarity
2 a : to exchange thoughts and opinions in speech : TALK b : to carry on an exchange similar to a conversation (as with a computer)"

There are no intelligble thoughts or opinions being exchanged, and nothing resembling a conversation. Big buck may well be a real warrior.

Edited by - noodles on June 05 2003 03:15:49

Pandinha
6/05/2003 3:54am,
Errr, what? True Master?

I study under Rener Gracie as primary instructor, and Ralek Gracie as secondary instructor.

Now I don't know what your requirements of a "Master" are, but I would be willing to put money on that your skills would not mean much against theirs.

==================
"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

SamHarber
6/05/2003 6:23am,
Anthony - your making the mistake of believing that just because they are excellent fighters that they are also "Real Warriors"
A real warrior, like Big Buck, doesn't actually need to know how to fight, purely because he trained with "A True Master"

Toby Christensen
6/05/2003 6:35am,
I look at MA from an academic perspective, meself.

Practise involves fun things like Liverpool Kissing and eyerakes and such. It's both more practical and easier. No linear constraints for this palsied person!

A 6th dan black belt in bastardry.

"Damn you! You dirty fighter." My sparring partner, also disabled, recovering from being bitten.

The Wastrel
6/05/2003 7:47am,
Do you know what "fraudulent" means?

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Edited by - The Wastrel on June 05 2003 08:44:46

Kensai
6/05/2003 8:18am,
What true master would call himself Big Buck?

Perhaps he could shead some light on what he studies and how he studies it, rather than sitting on his "pseudo" high horse..........

No offence, but the majority of the people on this site my seem a little "forward" with their opinions, especially on the TMA's. But I believe most of them work hard at the martial arts they study and thus intitled to their educated opinions.

Regards,

Kuroneko
6/05/2003 8:42am,
Big Buck,
You don't know **** about anyone here, and still you generalize about our abilities ...

This site helped me to get off the horse you are sitting on, and become more humble about MA. I, too, thought I had found THE answer and the BEST MA ever...

"[...] yours my fellow clickish clan members [...]" - so which clickish clan are you member of?

"it is extremely evident none of you ever had any real training in the arts" - what is your training in? What mastery are you talking about?

A big thank you to the enlightened warrior Big-Buck-Teacher for his humble remarks. May we all be blessed with the insight he has about all of us, and let's thank him for not reverting to the kind of language that us demented, fraudulent, nerds like to indulge in. (which grandmother?)

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

Miguksaram
6/05/2003 9:00am,
KC....I think it's time to get out the troll repelent

Jeremy M. Talbott
http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html

cyrijl
6/05/2003 9:10am,
i've seen alot of 'warriors,' i'd rather be a gentleman who could kick ass.

m4949
6/05/2003 9:15am,
Big Buck, You are no Master, or teacher as obvious by your remarks. I see you don't bother to read this board because I think you will see that posters here come from all different skill levels form all different arts.

I suspect you are from a school that this board has shown to be Bullshido, so rather than defend your school, Like other teachers have done(most likely because you cannot), you come here an attack us.

So who are you and what is your back ground? Do you claim you are? Or did you just finish your distance learning Blackbelt?

Your skills are EXTRAordinary; You have our Gratitude.

Fighty McGee
6/05/2003 9:15am,
The most glaring sign of a weak intellect posing as a brainiac (nice terminology, eh?) is the repetition of multi-syllabic or rarely used words, such as: "petulant", or even "fraudulent".

Big Buck, it's nice that you are trying to broaden your vocabulary, but please, once you learn a new word, learn some synonyms as well, or your poorly spelled diatribe will be overly adorned with this new verbal badge of intellectual prowess, marking you as a dolt.

Let's think of some synonyms for "petulant"--
peevish, churlish, boorish, fractious, fretful, and so on...

And now "fraudulent"--
deceitful, bamboozling, duping, humbug, dishonest, misleading, etc...

p.s. Learn to organize your thoughts so that others can follow your "logic", and as a bonus: learn to s-p-e-l-l.

The Wastrel
6/05/2003 9:16am,
But he's just using them incorrectly too.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."