PDA

View Full Version : Great page of Emin's lack of real fighting skill

Pages : [1] 2

Truewrestler
8/24/2002 2:29pm,
This stuff is amazing, especially this one which starts out with defense to a takedown which is hilarious:

http://www.knoppaz.com/wt/videos/emin1.mpg

http://www.knoppaz.com/wt/wt.htm

gaijin
8/24/2002 2:37pm,
Heeheehee! What a joke! The following is a step by step breakdown of every technique.

1. Enemy attacks.

2. Extend chi (chortle) so opponent freezes in time.

3. Throw frozen, nonresisting opponent to ground.

4. Slap opponent. Do NOT strike him. Slap him like a little girl. Also known as Three-Stooges Waza.

PeedeeShaolin
8/24/2002 2:39pm,
LOL!! Thats great man! Im gonna USE that shiit! I LOE to make he 'Master' Emin look like an asshole....

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker

Gezere
8/24/2002 7:55pm,
Emin!!! *sigh* I would really like to meet this guy. AND SLAP HIM SILLY!!!

His ANTI-GRAPPLING tape is so sad that we used to get drunk and LAUGH OUR ASSES OFF on some of the **** that was on it.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

10FingersOfDeath
8/24/2002 11:10pm,
I like Emin based on the fact that he is a WC practitioner like myself. Would I buy his tapes, Hell NO!

Nihilanthic
8/24/2002 11:35pm,
This is such a joke... I think If you could buy this online, the "People who bought this item also bought these" thing would show DBZ tapes and crappy Kung-Fu films.

I'm amazed people in my highschool STFU'd about JJ being gay, but then again Ground and Pound gets to them a bit more than a submission... unless a bone pops. I'm gonna show the MMA vs KungFu vid first chance I get!

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
<John> I'd have to smack you sometime...

darkface
8/26/2002 3:32am,
It looks impressive to someone who dont know anything... but I think EBMAS, WT and WC are good candidates to a McDojo...

LUI KANG
8/26/2002 3:41am,
hahaha I find it quite amazing how the defender falls before the guy even touches him, damn thats some powerfull chi!

Migos heteroasexually challaged (everyone all the time)

Mercurius
8/26/2002 6:36am,
I don't know though, it doesn't seem like the WC/WT chain punching would do much damage anywhere other than the face, and even there it seems doubtful.

Does anyone have any experience with this, throwing chain punches/getting hit by them?

--------------------
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phrost
8/26/2002 11:02am,
I was a Wing Chun practicioner myself.

The straight-fist punches are EXTREMELY fast, but you're right about them not being very damaging. In order to generate real power for a punch you have to move your body as a unit, using the legs, abs, and shoulder, and because of the way the shoulder muscles function, this really cannot be done when holding your knuckles to the side... unless you throw a looping hook, and WC doesn't teach them.

What chain punches (Chun Choi) are good for is to unbalance the opponent, make him move in a straight line backwards(like what Belfort did to Silva) so you can start landing the real power punches.

Chi Sau trains you to have very fast hands, and I've found that even WC's blocks work great against untrained people. The problem is that a competent boxer will tear you apart if you try to "play pattycake" with him.

Andy Kaufman
8/26/2002 11:34am,
This is such a joke... I think If you could buy this online, the "People who bought this item also bought these" thing would show DBZ tapes and crappy Kung-Fu films.

I'm amazed people in my highschool STFU'd about JJ being gay, but then again Ground and Pound gets to them a bit more than a submission... unless a bone pops. I'm gonna show the MMA vs KungFu vid first chance I get!

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
<John> I'd have to smack you sometime...

that's quite and insult to dragonball z!!

Blad3
8/26/2002 12:59pm,
lol these videos r excellent :D

dbulmer
8/26/2002 1:03pm,
Most of you guys should get out more - the vast majority of what you said is bollocks!

Phrost,

To correct you - *competent* Wing Chun chainpunches have 2 functions 1) To inflict damage 2) To regain the centreline. The punch is delivered from the elbow outwards in a straight line with tension just before delivery. You are correct in saying that the body has to be moved as a unit which is why *correctly delivered* chain punches can hurt.
During training we might fully extend to the chest but to the face never - reason it is training not a real fight and yes I appreciate that MMA fighters might find that disturbing but most Martial artists are not stupid enough to go into work the next day needlessly damaged.

Second, against boxers I agree with you - but chain punches are not the only thing we train -there are elbows, knees and a lifting punch similar to an uppercut as well as a hook punch.
They exist and are trained along with palm strikes. Oh and a straight line kick to the knee hurts enough to stop a boxer in his tracks and as you should know we train at kicking at the knee.
(extensively)

Third, chi sao does give the practitioner fast reflexes but also trains sensitivity - skills appropriate for any martial art. Sensitivity is what you use against a skilled opponent - simple deflection is often enough against unskilled guys.

I didn't understand your comment about knuckles to the side. Care to elaborate?

As for being on the other end, well I have had my chest pounded - it saps your desire to move forward , the effect is basically you lose the initiative and it can be hard to regain it. Not impossible but hard. BTW what defense against chain punches would you advocate?

The videos I saw were too unrealistic but they are video demos - point to video demos you think are the real deal and I'd be happy to laugh at them.

Emin Boztepe can fight - to say he can't is just abject nonsense.

ksmythe
8/26/2002 3:46pm,
Hey Asia. He he. Boztepe would kick your azz so bad you couldn't sit down for months. You CAN meet him in person if you really want to. He's there in Germany half the time why don't you just go check out one of his seminars.

Edited by - ksmythe on August 26 2002 15:50:43

Stipe
8/26/2002 4:51pm,
> As for being on the other end, well I have had my chest pounded - it saps your desire to move forward , the effect is basically you lose the initiative and it can be hard to regain it.

I don't quite understand this...
First off, pounding on the head would also make you lose the initiative, especially if I land a nice cross at the end.
Second, HOW can you pound the CHEST of the resisting guy that's trying to box you?
His hands/elbows will get in the way of your punches, and you left your head opened.

- Stipe -

PeedeeShaolin
8/26/2002 5:38pm,
I've TRULY never met a more ONE MINDED group of people than Wing Chun students. It is PROVEN that western Boxings body mechanics will generate a more powerful punch for 99.9% of this planets population. It just so happens that modern Kyokushin practitioners punch that very same way. Kyokushin is full contact to the body. they routinely stand toe to toe and BLAST each other as hard as possible with chest and body shots BARE KNUCKLE and never back down an inch.

Your body can take much more punishment than most people give it credit.

And why do many Wing Chun practitioners stand with their centerline facing their opponents? I've seen Boztepe stand with his feet shoulder width apart and straight facing his partners.

I took Wing Chun for about 6 months and my Sifu said that he believed in many things about Wing Chun but he agreed with me when I told him standing like that was ridiculous.

Your center holds your Face, Throat, Abdomen, and Groin. ALL of thes are in a STRAIGHT LINE down the middle. It makes sense to turn this line to the SIDE making it less of a target. You also have balance ONLY from side to side when facing an attacker. By standing similar to a western boxer you have four way balance- Equal balance in all four directions.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker