PDA

View Full Version : You know who I love?

Boyd
5/29/2003 9:52pm,
Thomas Kurz. That guy has to be the worst salesman ever, even if he very clearly knows his ****. The following exchange took place on his website, in a Q&A session designed to promote one of his books.

Question: I am a practitioner of Taekwondo and have a question concerning a statement made on your video Secrets of Stretching and in one of the articles of your column. You state that leg exercises are to be added to the strength routine when one can perform 3 sets (10–15 reps) of back extensions on the bench with additional weight greater than 1/3 of the body weight. If I interpret this statement correctly, then for example, a 150 lb. person would add leg exercises to the strength routine when they are able to do 3 sets of back extensions on the bench using 50 lb. of weight. Is this the correct interpretation? If so, then since I weigh about 150 lb. that means I would have to lift an extra weight of 50 lb. This is a huge amount of weight, and it seems to me that only professional bodybuilders would strive for such a goal. I am concerned that 1/3 of the body weight is too heavy for this type of exercise and could subject one to high risk of back injury.

Answer: Your interpretation is correct and your dread of the 50 lb. is pathetic. You practice Taekwondo, a martial art, but have no concept of the “martial” nor of the “art.” Martial means related to war and characteristic of a warrior—now, it doesn't sound very warrior-like to kvetch even before starting to prepare for the goal. Art implies striving for perfection and pushing one's limits. If at 150 lb. you see 50 lb. as a huge and intimidating weight, you are not driven and have no warrior in you.

Always go swimming with a buddy
Work real hard and always study

DJeter1234
5/29/2003 10:03pm,
"it doesn't sound very warrior-like to kvetch even before starting to prepare for the goal."

kvetch? This is mushugana! Damn goyim with their fikakta shmeg

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but i'll fight you in a no holds barred fight to the death for your right to say it"

DJeter1234
5/29/2003 10:03pm,
ok, so the last one's from Red Dwarf. so sue me

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but i'll fight you in a no holds barred fight to the death for your right to say it"

FingerorMoon?
5/29/2003 10:07pm,
I remember that one.
I found it hilarious.

--------
El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
--------

JKDChick
5/29/2003 10:15pm,
Guy sounds a little defensive or something.

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
-- KC Elbows, my new hero.

PizDoff
6/05/2003 3:01pm,
wtf? lol!!!!

50lbs isn't much really
just work up to it.....

(note, i'm working up to it, i'm working from bad knees)

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"in final closing look yourselves in the mirror and you might see yourself." Posted by big buck - June 05 2003

Rashomon
6/05/2003 4:15pm,
The guy was an ass.

He should have addressed the student's concerns about injury ("No, you won't get hurt", etc), instead of just calling him/her a puss.

HAPKO3
6/05/2003 4:21pm,
"The guy was an ass."

Yep, but I must say I understand him. I too can't resist being an ass when faced with such people.

------------------------
I remain, Hapko3

deus ex machina
6/05/2003 4:35pm,
I like ass.

HAPKO3 knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.

~
danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

HAPKO3
6/05/2003 4:50pm,
romo

------------------------
I remain, Hapko3