PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun And Wing Tsun

shaolin_assassin
5/29/2003 4:15pm,
Are Wing Chun And Wing Tsun the same? If not what is the difference?

MrMcFu
5/29/2003 4:24pm,
One is not the correct lineage just like the other, only reversed.

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Kensai
5/29/2003 4:46pm,
"Underestimation is the mother of all **** ups"

I smell a Steven Segal fan.... *shock*

Chance favours the prepared mind!

Kirves
5/29/2003 11:37pm,
You can translitterate the Chinese words several ways into English, Wing Chun, Ving Tsun, and so on. The meaning essentially remains the same. But nowadays it does make a difference as the different branches have begun using a specific way of spelling to specify their style. For example, Wing Tsun is copyrighted by Leung Ting's organization and thus only they can call it Wing Tsun. So it is one specific style. Nobody has copyrighted the common Wing Chun spelling, but William Cheung has copyrighted "Traditional Wing Chun" so when ever you see that, it's his style. And so on. Basically, usually when you aren't talking about any of the specific branches or substyles (Leung Ting's WT and William Cheung's TWC are substyles of the same branch), you just say Wing Chun. But if you want to specify a style, then use their specific spelling.

Omega Supreme
5/29/2003 11:41pm,
Basically its a bunch of assholes like yourself struggling for a power base. They think if they can change the way its spelled they can jump up and down and say "ew ew look I am king I am king" While the other stand around and say "you have no clothes!"

Go away I'm talking to myself

shaolin_assassin
5/31/2003 5:44pm,
What.? Oh u didnt just call me an asshole??!!!! I WILL TAKE YOUR FAT ASS!!!!!!!

Omega Supreme
5/31/2003 6:28pm,
You will take my fat ass? Wow talk about underestimations. I'm not going to get into a I'm going to kick your ass war on the internet. Its a waste of space. I'll be at the west coast rumble if you want.

Omega Supreme
5/31/2003 6:29pm,
Well either that or flame war in the cage...
heh.

PizDoff
5/31/2003 7:24pm,
"One is not the correct lineage just like the other, only reversed."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

"Basically its a bunch of assholes like yourself struggling for a power base. They think if they can change the way its spelled they can jump up and down and say "ew ew look I am king I am king" While the other stand around and say "you have no clothes!""
See my above reply.

" I WILL TAKE YOUR FAT ASS!!!!!!!"
Shaolin Assassin wants some of Omega's ass. :)

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

When or where the way is free - strike.
If the way is not free make it free and - Strike.
Stick with what comes and when the way is free - Strike.
As they retreat follow through and - Strike.