PDA

View Full Version : Systema Challenge!

Pages : [1] 2

WhiteShark
6/21/2006 10:26pm,
Please display a video of Systema practitioners of similar level practicing at their maximum training speed and contact intensity without pre-arranged techniques.

Caveats:
-They should preferably be middle level students. (plenty of great athletes can make crap work)
-The part about them being at similar levels is the most important part. (masters can make almost anything work on their students)
-You shouldn't charge for this video. (It will be free advertising if you can produce it)
-Don't add any mystical sounding voice-over explanations. (if it is relatively normal free contact and action it won't need explanation)

The reason I am not pretending to want to fight anyone is because I have no interest in physically confronting you. I do however have an interest in all martial arts getting a fair shake. One of the reasons systema hasn't is due to the absence of a video like I have outlined. Most Systema videos are of hard to understand drills and "soft work" That may explain what Systema is like if you are already familiar with the goals of those Drills but they translates poorly.

mrblackmagic
6/21/2006 10:31pm,
It's sad because I actually have a systema video with clips from a Spetsnaz demonstration in Russia. It's funny because it's real larping and all "live" footage is in slow motion.

Anyone know how to post on youtube?

WhiteShark
6/21/2006 10:36pm,
That wouldn't really answer the challenge...

halfcut
6/22/2006 12:17am,
WhiteShark,
Do you know that one of the better russian martial arts instructor lives in Atlanta? I'm sure if you got in contact with him he'd probably be able to help you out. Here is his website www.pramek.com . His name is Matt Powell. He's seems like a real nice guy, I'm bringing him out to my area for a seminar later this summer for a seminar because I'm curious myself.

mrblackmagic
6/22/2006 4:10am,
I was saying more or less you challenge wouldn't get answered. That's a R.O.S.S. guy.

eyebeams
6/22/2006 4:37am,
Wasn't there some throwdown video with a Systema practitioner?

mrblackmagic
6/22/2006 4:40am,
Yes, but next time focus on the guy he is fighting.

Kungfoolss
6/22/2006 12:42pm,
Please display a video of Systema practitioners of similar level practicing at their maximum training speed and contact intensity without pre-arranged techniques.

Caveats:
-They should preferably be middle level students. (plenty of great athletes can make crap work)
-The part about them being at similar levels is the most important part. (masters can make almost anything work on their students)
-You shouldn't charge for this video. (It will be free advertising if you can produce it)
-Don't add any mystical sounding voice-over explanations. (if it is relatively normal free contact and action it won't need explanation)

The reason I am not pretending to want to fight anyone is because I have no interest in physically confronting you. I do however have an interest in all martial arts getting a fair shake. One of the reasons systema hasn't is due to the absence of a video like I have outlined. Most Systema videos are of hard to understand drills and "soft work" That may explain what Systema is like if you are already familiar with the goals of those Drills but they translates poorly.

You're in luck guy, I just found some new footage of sparring, takedowns, and multifighting all rolled into one clip. Best of all it's from Russia! WOW! Check it out.

http://www.systemauk.com/video/MOSC3.WMV

halfcut
6/22/2006 12:42pm,
I was saying more or less you challenge wouldn't get answered. That's a R.O.S.S. guy.

Actually he's a Kadochnikov Systema guy or rather he used to be, but I see exactly what you mean.

Copperpot
6/22/2006 2:05pm,
You're in luck guy, I just found some new footage of sparring, takedowns, and multifighting all rolled into one clip. Best of all it's from Russia! WOW! Check it out.

http://www.systemauk.com/video/MOSC3.WMV

My favorite part is at 00:45 when the guy throws one of the attackers at the others, and he just goes spinning along bouncing off of the other attackers. They look a bunch of 9 year olds who just watched matrix, having an epic fight in their imaginations.

WhiteShark
6/22/2006 2:33pm,
Actually he's a Kadochnikov Systema guy or rather he used to be, but I see exactly what you mean.

That guy sounds pretty cool but he is not one of the people clouding the issue with slow motion videos then claiming that's not what Systema is about when people are critical about the cooperative slow-motion dance.

The things I outlined in the first post will shut everyone up at Bullshido, that is all we ever want. I assumed with the amount of videos that Systema people produce this would be pretty easy.

tiktok
6/22/2006 3:03pm,
Bummer! The vid link doesn't work for me...get an unspecified "error" from media player. Doh. Does anyone know if that vid is posted on Youtube.com or similar?

G8
6/22/2006 3:15pm,
just download some really shitty aikido & imagine that instead of a bunch of scrawny ponytailed dudes in skirts, the participants are a bunch of chubby, pasty Brits in camo shirts & buzzcuts ...

halfcut
6/22/2006 4:45pm,
That guy sounds pretty cool but he is not one of the people clouding the issue with slow motion videos then claiming that's not what Systema is about when people are critical about the cooperative slow-motion dance.

The things I outlined in the first post will shut everyone up at Bullshido, that is all we ever want. I assumed with the amount of videos that Systema people produce this would be pretty easy.

While it would be interesting to see I don't think it will ever happen. I've trained with various guys who teach/practice RMA and with the exception of the systema instructor I met all were great guys who like to spar and roll around. The systema teacher I met seemed nice at first but turned out to be a total jackass once he found out that I'm first and foremost a BJJ guy. He actually got so ridiculous that I walked away from his class. Maybe this was an isolated incident as he was the only systema practioner I've met face to face.

mrblackmagic
6/22/2006 6:59pm,
Finding footage of a non-competitve martial art that is philosophically non-aggressive is going to be hard to do realize that, Shark?

Kungfoolss
6/23/2006 2:33am,
My favorite part is at 00:45 when the guy throws one of the attackers at the others, and he just goes spinning along bouncing off of the other attackers. They look a bunch of 9 year olds who just watched matrix, having an epic fight in their imaginations.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but we've got systema retards here actually rationalizing this stupidity on a level most folks can't even begin to imagine ->

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35501&page=31