PDA

View Full Version : Shinbushi's Dojo Sparring

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

shinbushi
6/17/2006 4:15pm,
We taped some sparring this weekend and this week my AV guy should bring me in the CDs so I can upload them. I will look them over and see which are worth uploading as only 4 people showed (none of them Dans)
I am sparring in at least one.
Each week I will be trying to tape the M.A.D. (Multi Art Drills: did not want to call it MMA even if some of my guys or even I do a smoker or 2). I will post the skill levels of each and them post the problems I see and would like any further constructive criticism. I know I will also get BS as well.
How is that for a cliff hanger.
so I can everyone to it
:needpics:

plasma
6/17/2006 5:00pm,
We taped some sparring this weekend and this week my AV guy should bring me in the CDs so I can upload them. I will look them over and see which are worth uploading as only 4 people showed (none of them Dans)
I am sparring in at least one.
Each week I will be trying to tape the M.A.D. (Multi Art Drills: did not want to call it MMA even if some of my guys or even I do a smoker or 2). I will post the skill levels of each and them post the problems I see and would like any further constructive criticism. I know I will also get BS as well.
How is that for a cliff hanger.
so I can everyone to it
:needpics:

Whats the rule set?

shinbushi
6/17/2006 5:11pm,
Basicall MMA rules. Today not enough headgear so no elbows.

Mr. Jones
6/17/2006 5:34pm,
Shinbushi you should of said Bujinkan dojo sparring to get more attention.

plasma
6/17/2006 5:40pm,
Shinbushi you should of said Bujinkan dojo sparring to get more attention.
He shouldn't beause I predict within the next 5 years shinbushi just going to quit the Bujinkan, realizing he doesn't need the organization nor Hatsumi, taking all his students with him,

Fitz
6/18/2006 10:52am,
He shouldn't beause I predict within the next 5 years shinbushi just going to quit the Bujinkan, realizing he doesn't need the organization nor Hatsumi, taking all his students with him,

Or, quite possibly, over the next five years folks like him, Askew and a handfull of others will have put the Buj back on course as a fighting school.

Hey it could happen...

Shuma-Gorath
6/18/2006 11:13am,
Or, quite possibly, over the next five years folks like him, Askew and a handfull of others will have put the Buj back on course as a fighting school.

Hey it could happen...
While you're dreaming, wish for a pony.

Shaolinz
6/18/2006 2:33pm,
While you're dreaming, wish for a pony.

You still owe me a pony.

Locu5
6/18/2006 6:12pm,
Would you settle for some ass?

Shinbushi, that sounds great; I look forward to the vids.

Shaolinz
6/18/2006 7:27pm,
Shinbushi,

What I really want to see- and I think this will help the entire ninja community- is some full contact sparring in ninja outfits with the pads under the outfits. Even if you don't consider yourself a ninja... please do this, then we could send it to the other Buji people and show them the real LARPing.

-More seriously, can't wait to see the vids. Props before you even put them up-

shinbushi
7/10/2006 5:34pm,
Here are 2 of my students sparring from a couple of weeks ago (More to come) No elbows to the head
1 student is a 1st Kyu (4yrs) the younger one
needs to work striking.
Has competed in some BJJ and submission wrestling tournaments
done 1 or 2 classes of Muay Thai
and the other is a 4th Kyu (3 yrs)
Enjoy and rip away
http://www.taijutsu.com/san_andre.html
For some reason Youtube would not take my .mov so I had to make a flash file.

new2bjj
7/10/2006 5:44pm,
I waited for that? It looks like they both were afraid to get hit, which, is ok, if you want to do some other sport. Not so good if you want to excel at Martial Arts, though. Liked the Ninja outfit, though.

Airman Kai
7/10/2006 5:46pm,
...Enjoy and rip away

Pretty bad. Wait... REALLY bad... Yah, that's it. Really Bad.

The joke about the sparring WOULD have been funny had the second part of the clip looked remotely different from the first. As it were, a sense of "I hope I don't break a nail," was prevelant throughout.

Goju - Joe
7/10/2006 6:57pm,
You two should STFU

There should be a rule that only people who post vids of themselves are alowed to critise other members.

MONGO
7/10/2006 7:08pm,
Shinbushi, I think that this is head and shoulders above the BJK and is a good starting point for the reforms that you are looking for.

My only suggestion (from a Judo point of view) the transition between standing and groundwork should be smoother. That will help with the speed the submission comes and the comfort level as the fight goes to the ground.

And to address all the morons, sparring is only rarely hard contact (especially without head gear). Its to prevent injury.

Airman Kai
7/10/2006 7:13pm,
:5innocent

oh, COULD I? Could I please post a video of myself?

Although it will IN NO WAY better qualify me to analyze his ninja-nomics, I will go ahead and film my next sparring session, just for you.

Uncle Sam bogarts my day, so gimme at least until the weekend.

EDIT: "rarely hard contact" maybe, but the speed displayed in the video was entirely too relaxed.