PDA

View Full Version : Ex-students Visit

chalkieusa
6/12/2006 2:18pm,
Well, if you have been following my heat-breaking saga, you'll find the following tidbit interesting....This link is for background...(http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35309).

While working with our advanced group this past Satuerday, an ex-student from my old organization, showed up to say "good-bye" and as he said, "show his repects" to my wife and I before he left for Marine Boot Camp. (We were his first instructors, and managed to get him promoted to Green Belt, which is just before Brown in system).

This was the last person I thought I would see, do to the fact that his father was the administrator of the Karate program that got pulled out from under me.

Things were and went civil as they should have, and everyone there wished him the best of luck. Still it seemed strange.

This ever happened to anyone, and what was the outcome?

Tshin
6/12/2006 2:35pm,
From another point of view.

I owed my previous instructor some money.

only like 70 $ . But still, I figured I should pay it. I went there, gave him the cash and he basically asked "How's it going, how is the family etc." didn't feel weird at all. I think he's a cool guy although he still runs a Mcdojo.

Doctor X
6/12/2006 3:27pm,
I have seen it from the stand-point of seniors having to leave a bad organization. It is a very tough thing to watch. I recommend keeping "your door open." Word gets out that you are just interested in training and not politics. Students rarely enter a place to train to "discover politics!"

--J.D.

chalkieusa
6/12/2006 4:26pm,
X, I always have left the door open...I bare no ill-will to any of my former students that remained with the old organization. In fact, more than one has come thru my door. So it shows that my wife and I are still 'respected". I teach for the love of what I do, not for how much money it can bring me. I still think it is funny that I get paid for something I love doing anyhow!

Doctor X
6/12/2006 5:18pm,
That is the way to do it. Not that you would, but be not judgmental of those who stay with the old organization/master. It is very hard to leave an organization.

--J.D.

Zendetta
6/12/2006 5:58pm,
"Now I am the Masta!"

Hiyaaah!

chalkieusa
6/13/2006 11:59am,
I felt as though I've always left the door open, but it wasn't done for me....

I was "forbidden" to contact any of the former students, however the "Soke" was allowed to contact at least the students at my wife's school, not only once, but twice. He explained that we were not Bla ck Belts anymore, and that my wife did not have any other training than "his style".

But it is funny, how the branch of the school that I taught at is now down to less than 20 students, from a one time enrollment of almost 70!

Bitter? No, just laughing my a$$ off.

"Soke" lost more money and students than he gained.

Whitey please!

(I'm just a jobless POST WHORE!)

(Now on a quest to rid the world of 20-year old Martial Arts Masters everywhere!)

Tshin
6/13/2006 12:02pm,
dude, you sound pretty bitter. I can't blame you though. I was somewhat bitter due to a situation of the same. I was in a group, taught most of the students. And then when I left due to management problems, most of the people I taught left too.

chalkieusa
6/13/2006 12:11pm,
Bitter, yeah you could say that in a way. I did not get the time to explain my side of the story.

The whole purpose of what we were doing was to make things better for everyone, and perhaps provide a solution to a long standing problem.

However, his "Holiness" did not want to ever address the issue in any way! Reason:(IMHO) M O N E Y. He stood to possibly lose more money from the tournaments from outside schools than his own school's students.

I can say that at least my wife, the students who stood by us, and myself , stood for what we thought was right, and can sleep at night. And I can say that if more people found out what really went on, my previous organization would be even smaller!

(I'm just a jobless POST WHORE!)

(Now on a quest to rid the world of 20-year old Martial Arts Masters everywhere!)

Yrkoon9
6/13/2006 12:17pm,
Last month I went to visit my instructor who kicked me out of the class via email. It was awkward with a lot of tension. I disrupted the **** out of the class. It was awesome.

Tshin
6/13/2006 12:20pm,
do tell more, I gotta hear this story.

colonelpong2
6/13/2006 8:50pm,
Please tell us! Please!

My first club only ever kicked one person out, and that was an absolute last resort.

As far as I know, my current club hasnt kicked any one out ever. But thats as far as I know.

I do have a long , woe filled tale of the final collapse of my original and much loved club though, but that'll have to wait until I have more time to write it