PDA

View Full Version : Video of Cung Le's 2nd MMA fight

Pages : [1] 2

QuickJab
6/12/2006 6:57am,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UE5ktj7oHmU&search=cung%20le
YouTube - Cung Le v Brian Warren

He looked ok, has some flaws, but he's definitely gonna be fun to watch. Got to see him on the ground for the first time too.

isol8d
6/12/2006 8:15am,
Argh, I wish that post wasn't in the way of the ground.

Brian "Mr. Unbreakable" Warren (http://www.unbreakablegym.com/) look outmatched by Cung's striking and throwing. From his website, it looks like he specializes in Grappling, Kickboxing, and praying.

Devil
6/12/2006 11:07am,
If he keeps fighting MMA, he'll lose some fights on the ground I'm sure, but I think his takedown defense is good enough for him to keep it standing most of the time, where he can beat most MMA fighters. And his fights are going to be exciting as hell to watch.

Stick
6/12/2006 11:22am,
I really do hope he sticks with MMA and we get to see him in the UFC. I think he'd be great for the sport and the brand.

Neildo
6/12/2006 11:37am,
That was a nice clip.

The end kinda sucked though...
Spoiler; highlight to read
Could barely see the KO because the cameraman moved at the last second. Jerk!!
He loves that SBK, eh? What'd he pull it off, 3 times?

Killing Moon
6/12/2006 12:24pm,
Very nice.

new2bjj
6/12/2006 1:29pm,
didn't he already KTFO this guy before? Eugene Jackson has challenged Le repeatedly, to no avail. That would be a fight.

QuickJab
6/12/2006 1:34pm,
Yeah, Le beat him in San Shou. To Cung Le's defense, Warren 9-4 in MMA with 2 of his 4 losses coming to Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Karo Parisyan, so he had much more MMA experience than Cung Le.

Goju - Joe
6/12/2006 1:45pm,
There's an interview with him on sherdog, comes off as very humble with an excellent attitude.

He's a great strike, with a good chin, excellent throws and ok G'n'P he's only going to get better and should do well.

Beaton Yu
6/12/2006 1:48pm,
That was a nice clip.

The end kinda sucked though...
Spoiler; highlight to read
Could barely see the KO because the cameraman moved at the last second. Jerk!!
He loves that SBK, eh? What'd he pull it off, 3 times?

Nah! The punch that ended it was the straight right about 4 punches before he fell. The rest were just Cung following him as he fell.

I love that guy. I hope he does well in MMA. I'd really like to se what he can do on the ground.

Beaton Yu
6/12/2006 1:50pm,
There's an interview with him on sherdog, comes off as very humble with an excellent attitude.

From everything I've seen he's a real class act.

Emevas
6/12/2006 1:53pm,
My only fear is that he's entering the game too late to make it big, but hell, Couture was doing good at 40.

Goju - Joe
6/12/2006 1:56pm,
Cro Cop went from kick boxing to MMA later on and has done well. Le should be good, how good remains to be seen.

He needs a lot of work and he knows it but in the Vid said MMA was his new passion. That and movies (acting in them)

Ronin.74
6/12/2006 3:16pm,
I thought this fight was better than his first one. Brian actually pressured Le and tried to take the fight to him a few times. I thought Le handled himself well but I would still like to see him fight someone he hasn't already beaten in SanShou.

Carbon
6/12/2006 3:41pm,
Why anyone doubted this man's ability to compete is beyond me. He has very solid striking and I think with a couple more fights he will get used to throwing knees and elbows.

He had what looked like about 5 opportunites to throw knees to the guy's face, but decided to just let go and back off. He probably could of ended the fight a lot sooner.

Very exciting fighter, and seeing him in the UFC would be excellent.

Draven
6/12/2006 3:51pm,
Wow he sure is one strong and athletic ************.