PDA

View Full Version : Vintage N. Korean TKD video

Pages : [1] 2

stillkicking
6/04/2006 8:50pm,
Hard training does not equal effective fighting...

http://www.subfighter.com/ftopict-34315.html

Love the shot of the Great Leader on the stallion.

SK.

new2bjj
6/04/2006 10:33pm,
I believe that they are trying to use the martial arts to get them pumped for conventional warfare, not a fist fight or a cage match. We may consider the TMA's to be ineffective, but Japan used them to create a super motiviated army that crushed all of Asia. Which is what that maniac in north Korea would love to emulate. So in that sense, it's very practical.

cskidd359
6/04/2006 10:54pm,
hard to believe thats actually how they train, seems more like a propaganda video to me.

DdlR
6/04/2006 11:24pm,
This is an example of martial arts used as political/military/nationalistic propaganda. The demos are clearly designed as spectacles to show off toughness, discipline, "warrior spirit" etc. - all the things that Kim Jong Il is so keen on associating with himself. It's the North Korean equivalent of British soldiers performing at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo - basically, military tradition meets showbiz.

When North Korean soldiers actually fight, they use automatic weapons.

meng_mao
6/04/2006 11:46pm,
but Japan used them [TMAs] to create a super motiviated army
source?

Anna Kovacs
6/05/2006 12:09am,
So we shouldnt smash them with 2x4's or use their heads as hammers when we go to war with them.

Guess we'll just have to shoot them.

HwangJangLee
6/05/2006 1:37am,
i already posted this, and i doubt they use TKD. just beat the hell out of each other untill they cant feel pain any more. its not TKD just cause its in korea. ANd im talking about the parts were they show people actaully training, the rest looks like a propoganda vid

HwangJangLee
6/05/2006 1:38am,
hard to believe thats actually how they train, seems more like a propaganda video to me.
not every soldeir trains like that, mostley Kim's most personal gaurd. wait what??? did i just see a dog suicide bomb a tank???

mingusdew
6/05/2006 2:29am,
did i just see a dog suicide bomb a tank???
All those starving people and Kim goes wasting dogs on suicide bombing missions... har har har!

eyebeams
6/05/2006 2:46am,
source?

It's well documented that JMA were extensively used by the Japanese military for morale and fitness purposes. For example, the Toyama-ryu was developed specifically for military drill and included sword and bayonet.

The association between budo and Japanese military culture is what inspired the Allies to ban budo organizations during the occupation.

HearWa
6/05/2006 9:15am,
not every soldeir trains like that, mostley Kim's most personal gaurd. wait what??? did i just see a dog suicide bomb a tank???
Yup, they usto hide food underneath fake tanks to train them. I seem to remember that using the dogs didn't actually work out too well for them. More often than not the dogs were scared of the real running tanks and kept on running in the wrong direction.

I must have read it on damninteresting.com.

Skutai
6/05/2006 9:56am,
The best technology 1946 has to offer!

The Russians are also rumored to have trained "anti-tank dogs" back in the day, but found that they occasionally ran under their own tanks. Oops.

mrblackmagic
6/05/2006 10:20am,
That was definitely the training video for Kim Jong Il's bodyguards. Thems is Hapkido folks.

konosan
6/05/2006 10:27am,
Man that video fucking rocked. That's how i would like to train, if i wasn't already all broken up.

CanucKyokushin
6/05/2006 10:38am,
I found the knife throwing technique to be awesome.Although I wonder how many times he got it wrond before gettting it right?

There's nothing like the threat of dying of starvation or disease to center ones concentration.

DerAuslander
6/05/2006 12:18pm,
Hard training does not equal effective fighting...

No, it doesn't.

But in the case of these soldiers, it does equal someone who will do anything possible to end you.