PDA

View Full Version : Ron Goninan and his "Calling Crane"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jutal
6/02/2006 9:32pm,
Anyone here familiar with Ron Goninan (Australia) and his White Crane ?

Thks.

Jutal
7/14/2006 8:03pm,
Read all about it:-

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41983&page=4

Askari
7/16/2006 9:24am,
Hello Jutal/Troll,

Since you apparantly have just started two threads about this guy. It looks like your video thread is also him.

What do you have against him?

BackFistMonkey
7/16/2006 9:34am,
**** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am too angry ( wasted ) to put up with your nonsense .... let's seee something worth commenting on so you don't have only My opinion .... mainly becouse I am a total dick ...

or of course ... you can not post anything else and just look like an ass ....

Don Gwinn
7/16/2006 11:43am,
Hey, look, BackFist--you found one! ;)

Have fun.

Gezere
7/16/2006 3:00pm,
I've corresponned with ron several times online. He is very contreversal in White Crane circles but its more with his personal views.

Ke?poFist
7/16/2006 6:06pm,
Well Jutal from what I gather you are a student/ex-student of Mr. Goninan, and seem to have a vendetta against him for whatever reason with your goal being having the BSD crew ripping him apart for acts of bullshidoery.

I really don't care what your issue is with him, but if you feel he's worth being thrown into the spotlight, do your own research and make a well thought out article as to why he's BS/Mcdojo/whatever and let the discussion take place from there. If you're a student or even better, an ex-instructor of his you'd make a great person to throw up some first-hand experience with him.

By the way, your mother doesn't love you, and Jesus cried when you were born.

shifu
10/14/2007 4:37am,
This is rather an old post but if your still around "Jutal" I'd be happy to answer your questions as I am Ron Goninan!

And yes I do hold true to some "controversial" views regarding the state of the martial arts.:new_shock

BackFistMonkey
10/14/2007 7:10am,
This is rather an old post but if your still around "Jutal" I'd be happy to answer your questions as I am Ron Goninan!

And yes I do hold true to some "controversial" views regarding the state of the martial arts.:new_shock

Welcome to Bullshido Ron ( assuming you are not a troll pretending to be ) . Since Jutal seemed to have a very short posting career , I would like to ask what is so controversial ?

Did you make up a bunch of forms and claim they came from ancient Chinese scrolls ? Do you not have a lineage with the right people ? Are you a homosexual ? Do you propagate violence against women and children ? Do you like to fight and pressure test your system ?

What could be so "controversial" about your White Crane or your views ?

shifu
10/14/2007 7:22pm,
Hello BackFist Monkey,

Yes it is indeed me and not some troll. I only recently came across this thread by "Jutal" (whoever he/she may be) and thought that I'd offer a brief reply.

I guess what makes my views "controversial" is that they are not in step with the popular arts, I have not set out to be controversial but to simply express my views. I am anti ranks, titles and other such bullshit, I don't subscribe to the normal approach to TMA, I think that Karate styles that claim a link to White Crane are full of **** and have no clue, "Hakutsuru" is just a form of Karate with a few crane-like moves thrown in!

I hope this helps you understand in some small way.

BackFistMonkey
10/14/2007 9:14pm,
Hello BackFist Monkey,

Yes it is indeed me and not some troll. I only recently came across this thread by "Jutal" (whoever he/she may be) and thought that I'd offer a brief reply.

I guess what makes my views "controversial" is that they are not in step with the popular arts, I have not set out to be controversial but to simply express my views. I am anti ranks, titles and other such bullshit, I don't subscribe to the normal approach to TMA, I think that Karate styles that claim a link to White Crane are full of **** and have no clue, "Hakutsuru" is just a form of Karate with a few crane-like moves thrown in!

I hope this helps you understand in some small way.

oh ......................

So you actually fight , have disrespected some big wigs in the past , and don't run watered down form bloated classes ?

shifu
10/14/2007 9:24pm,
Our style uses forms like many others although the approach we take differs from other styles. For starters we teach the applications first before the forms and we strive to make our applications applicable to today's society.

We have several fighting drills and practices.

I hope this helps in some small way

BackFistMonkey
10/14/2007 10:33pm,
Our style uses forms like many others although the approach we take differs from other styles. For starters we teach the applications first before the forms and we strive to make our applications applicable to today's society.

We have several fighting drills and practices.

I hope this helps in some small way

Well it sounds like a step in the right direction for CMA . Application before abstraction . I am assuming you guys do full contact sparring , right ?

What do you mean applicable to today's society ? Does that mean you and your guys compete in Sanshou or kickboxing events ?

* edit *

Does your white crane look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ZP7qOVLW0

Is this you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwSz961XkZk

shifu
10/15/2007 12:14am,
BackFistMonkey,

Thanks for the on-going discussion.

Yong Fa or applications always come first! They are practiced using real world scenario's rather than just against Martial Arts techniques. Contact is a primary part of what we do. Strikes, locks etc are all applied in a realistic way. Everyting is contact.

No the first Vid is Feeding Crane (Shihequan) which is different from what we do.

The second vid is a real, real old one of me made in a rush many, many years ago and not the best to be honest! I have come a long way since then (I hope!).

This is my ugly mug!
http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/baihe/images/roncrane1%20copy_01.jpg

Yes I have disrespected some so-called big guns in the past (I continue to disrespect them and the bullshit they preach from their pulpits) .

Hope this expalins more in some small way. And thanks for the discussion.

IndoChinese
10/15/2007 12:22am,
looks good to me. even in the old vid, i can see the crane movement.

regards,

ktk

shifu
10/15/2007 12:40am,
IndoChinese,

Thank you but I guess I'm one of those guys who thinks they can always do better!