PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Master Fingered

Pages : [1] 2

kfss
5/17/2006 1:32pm,
So, is this from a movie? Is this a trick or illusion similar to what a magician can do? Or is it possible this man trained for a very long time to obtain the skill of standing on his index finger? Who knows, watch the video and give input!
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1153/

I did a couple searches for anything relating to this but didn't seem to find anything, so if it was already posted apologies.

If you by any chance were unhappy with the video, here is a guy getting injured while wrestling! It is labeled "Broken Arm" but to me it looks like the injury is in his shoulder, correct me if I am wrong. Thank you, happy viewing.

WARNING: May be disturbing to some viewers.
http://www.break.com/index/armbreak21.html

Red Rocket
5/17/2006 1:35pm,
That video could be real. I once watched a special on the discovery channel about the Sholain guys and some of them would train to do this.

GodEater
5/17/2006 1:38pm,
when I was a kid we went to the circus and a lady balanced on a sodapop bottle using only her thumb. And she didn't use any stinking wall for support. Once again, circus performers pwn all.

GE

War Wizard
5/17/2006 4:12pm,
Y'know when I saw the title I was thinking something COMPLETELY different...

But yeah, it could be real.

HearWa
5/17/2006 11:44pm,
I find it odd that the video doesn't show the transition of him sitting to his posture later in the clip. Wouldn't that be a good piece to fit in if you were editing the video?

For a while I thought it was suspicious that any area above his feet wasn't shown but there was a split second when they did just that.

I don't know really, but I'm choosing not to believe it. From what I've heard the chinese government has a history of changing the facts or outright lying to make themselves look good, and this looks like one of those Wushu clips after the Shaolin temple was rebuilt to rake in some tourist dollars.

New
5/18/2006 12:16am,
the only thing i am sceptical of is the claim he's the only man in the world to be able to do that. i believe his finger took the weight, but he didn't balance. which would have been truly impressive.

sidran
5/18/2006 12:20am,
It is from a documentary entirely on wushu anyway. Various clips from it keep popping up everywhere. Right after that they do show another younger monk who does the same thing but with two fingers instead of one, and it shows him being helped up by another monk. So, I'm pretty sure it's probably real.

Gosai
5/18/2006 12:34am,
It's entirely possible it's real, I mean, based on laws of...something...there's gotta be at least a couple throughout history/world/whatever who COULD do it.

Though this would explain why things like that are popular in anime heh

jubei33
5/18/2006 1:27am,
"the long lost skill reappears!"----------

And the women rejoice.

p.s. its real, but hes not the only one.

supercrap
5/18/2006 1:34am,
YES BUT HOW DUZ THAT HELP YU WIN THE UFC HRHR GRPPLE

LolodesBois
5/18/2006 1:40am,
Well as he's standing on his finger obviously that would throw the grapplers off as they couldn't double/single leg him and they would throw in the towel to his superiority of fighting style....

sidran
5/18/2006 2:29am,
It's obvious he's using his superior chi to root himself in the ground like a tree through his finger and if they even tried to take him down they would fail. Anyway, the reason you don't see this in the UFC is because the monks are humble and don't feel the need to show off, you know, because it's kung fu and all.

It's too obvious, why don't people get it?

Doctor X
5/18/2006 4:04am,
. . . because our chi is weak. . . .

--J.D.

JohnnyCache
5/18/2006 4:31am,
"**** - magic on TV is cheesy"

--Penn Jillette

sidran
5/18/2006 5:00am,
I agree. But it's still entertaining. Plus, I like cheese.

Physics_Nazi
5/18/2006 10:30am,
Crazy, but I couldn't help looking at his *other* arm:

(1) Dead vertical in both shots.
(2) Hand bent backwards at wrist for no apparent reason in both shots.
(3) Arm lines up perfectly with corner of room in both shots.
(4) Corner of room is grey line above hand, but no line below shoulder.

All points to him hanging by a cord with his other arm (maybe harness around shoulder with cord running up sleeve). Smells fishy.