PDA

View Full Version : BOO

Pages : [1] 2

Cptn._j-Rah
5/07/2006 11:02pm,
Yeah, I am new here. Well, I lurked around and read some, but this is my "1st post."

Steve
5/07/2006 11:09pm,
Nice job.

Welcome. Be sure you're wearing a cup and a mouth guard.

Lights Out
5/07/2006 11:09pm,
Why, hello there!

Wellcome, wellcome to Bullshido.

Care to share your *snicker* martial experience?

Cptn._j-Rah
5/07/2006 11:24pm,
I believe I already have, over in trollshido. Four years of Shotokan under Adrian Ellis. I started at around six. Yes, I did do full contact. I trained around 3 hours a day at least 4 days a week. I lived with my Sensei during the summer when school was out. I reached purple and then quit when Adrian Ellis left the dojo to become, according to google, "executive director of martial arts" in AAU.

After I turned 10 I pretty much stopped any Karate and Martial Arts. However, I plan to start some form of one or the other soon.

It is Fake
5/07/2006 11:28pm,
Oh my gosh what honesty. Never ever mention your experience again.

Lights Out
5/07/2006 11:31pm,
Aye, thatīs a point in his favor, honesty.

BTW, you lived with your sensei?

Cptn._j-Rah
5/07/2006 11:38pm,
During the summer, yes.

Moleculo
5/07/2006 11:42pm,
His name wasn't Rex by any chance was it?

Cptn._j-Rah
5/07/2006 11:43pm,
OMGod, yes it was... or it was Adrian Ellis... I think I only mentioned his name twice... I guess I should have been more spamful.

Lights Out
5/07/2006 11:48pm,
During the summer, yes.

So, you lived with your sensei during the summer but lost contact after he moved?

Didnīt you and your family have a enough close relationship with him (no pun intented whatsoever) to keep the contact?

Moleculo
5/08/2006 12:00am,
What brings you to Bullshido?

Cptn._j-Rah
5/08/2006 12:05am,
Not much. Me and a two coworkers decided two wrestle/grapple till someone tapped out(yeah, two of us have no grappling skill whatsoever, the other was a high school wrestler)... and that led to one of them finding this website. The one, that discovered this website, and I are planning on checking out local martial art/karate establishments near Cleveland.

BackFistMonkey
5/08/2006 12:11am,
Not much. Me and a two coworkers decided two wrestle/grapple till someone tapped out(yeah, two of us have no grappling skill whatsoever, the other was a high school wrestler)... and that led to one of them finding this website. The one, that discovered this website, and I are planning on checking out local martial art/karate establishments near Cleveland.
I am real surprised this story didnt involve acid .....

Moleculo
5/08/2006 12:14am,
Take your time choosing a place and don't sign any long term conracts, at least not for a while.

There are ton of threads comparing the differences of various arts and they will give you a long list of what to watch out for when seeking instruction.

Moleculo
5/08/2006 12:15am,
I am real surprised this story didnt involve acid ..... something you'd like to share, perhaps?

Cptn._j-Rah
5/08/2006 12:17am,
Duly noted.