PDA

View Full Version : stupid 5th metatarsil

isol8d
5/06/2006 6:21pm,
broke my fucking foot sparring last night. My first san shou match is in 1 month. I see the orthopedic docs this week. I had my cheek cut in my first round, I bled like a stuck pig.

I was hit by a haymaker right in the head, and while I was trying to back up/slip the punch I somehow landed on the side of my foot and broke the bone.

As soon as I can get to a windows box, I'll have some cool x-rays. the hospital gave me a CD as I was leaving. Very clean break at least.....

I'm a little dejected. I'll be regulated to a cornerman for this tournament.

BoardHitBack
5/06/2006 6:33pm,
Look at it this way...you'll get to watch the local competitors very carefully and without any of that pesky adrenaline interfering with your evaluation of their strengths, weaknesses and tactics.

Take notes.

Teh El Macho
5/06/2006 7:04pm,
Aw ****!!! Sorry to hear that dude. I remember you told me you were pretty excited about the tourney. At least you'll get a chance to watch and take notes as BHB said... not that there is any consolation.

DAYoung
5/06/2006 7:12pm,
broke my fucking foot sparring last night. My first san shou match is in 1 month. I see the orthopedic docs this week. I had my cheek cut in my first round, I bled like a stuck pig.

I was hit by a haymaker right in the head, and while I was trying to back up/slip the punch I somehow landed on the side of my foot and broke the bone.

As soon as I can get to a windows box, I'll have some cool x-rays. the hospital gave me a CD as I was leaving. Very clean break at least.....

I'm a little dejected. I'll be regulated to a cornerman for this tournament.

Here is my concolation: you broke your foot in 'live' competititon, while I broke mine in light contact sparring (shin blocked). Your injury is like a badge of pride.

Equipoise
5/07/2006 10:23am,
Game Over.

Insert Coin.

isol8d
5/08/2006 2:24pm,
:needpics:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/evans77/myfoot.jpg

Steve
5/08/2006 10:11pm,
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your injury and that it happend so close to your event.

Pretty cool pic, tho. :icon_cool

pauli
5/10/2006 9:08am,
hmm. i've injured my foot in almost the same spot, but mine is pretty clearly not broken.

thanks for posting the pic, it lets me illustrate to others where i hurt pretty well.

isol8d
5/10/2006 9:14am,
So it turns out that where I broke the bone makes this a "Jones Fracture" I'll be going back to the orthopedic doctor for a pre-surgery follow up this week. There will be a screw inserted in my bone to keep it from re-occuring.

Basically, they told me that it was bound to happen, as I had indications of stress on the bone already, more than likely from increasing my roadwork from 0 miles a week, to roughly 10 miles a week. At my weight, it spelled doom for my feet.

I can either spend 6 weeks in a cast, 6 weeks in a walking cast, or get the surgery and knock 2-4 weeks off the whole shebang.

None the less, I won't be doing kung fu this summer.

Oi, this sucks.

Teh El Macho
5/10/2006 9:53am,
You should put that in a frame bro :) :icon_thum

isol8d
5/26/2006 3:49pm,
UPDATE:

I had the surgery, it went very well, but because the bones had shifted, I won't be in a walking boot for 6 weeks or so.. I am laid up in bed for 4 days with painkillers, after that, I'll be allowed to sit in a chair.

Good news is that my MuayThai shorts from MuayThaiStuff just came in

pauli
5/27/2006 2:34am,
good to hear!

Armed&Hammered
5/27/2006 9:23am,
Man that sucks... what can I say, drink milk!!! I've been lucky enough to make it through life with a few boxers fractures and some cracked ribs. I've managed to survive a few nasty accidents with out broken bones, and honestly I think it's my five glass a day milk habit. Who knows, **** happens, especially in MA