PDA

View Full Version : My wife shows why Aikido sux!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kipdynamite
5/03/2006 9:13pm,
My wife and I havve been doing jujitsu and a new man has joined the class. He has judo and aikido black belts from a reputable instructor. Well, to make a longstory short, last night my hundred and forty pound wife totally tore this guy a new one. He tried some wrist holds and she just stiffened up and knocked his ass to the ground and put him in an armbar. I mean guys Judo is OK, it meshs with the jujitsu, but he was trying all this Segal stuff and my old lady was kicking his ass! HOoray for my girl!:icon_bigg

CanucKyokushin
5/03/2006 9:15pm,
Serves him right for doing Aikido in this day and age.

yodaman
5/03/2006 9:53pm,
My wife and I havve been doing jujitsu and a new man has joined the class. He has judo and aikido black belts from a reputable instructor. Well, to make a longstory short, last night my hundred and forty pound wife totally tore this guy a new one. He tried some wrist holds and she just stiffened up and knocked his ass to the ground and put him in an armbar. I mean guys Judo is OK, it meshs with the jujitsu, but he was trying all this Segal stuff and my old lady was kicking his ass! HOoray for my girl!:icon_bigg

You've got a good woman there. :5bowtie:

mrblackmagic
5/03/2006 9:53pm,
Poor bastard. I bet his tears and shame were a great aphrodisiac.

HwangJangLee
5/03/2006 10:47pm,
but there is always an excuse, there is always an excuse with dem Aikido boys

Doctor X
5/04/2006 2:36am,
Sounds like she is a "keeper."

Did he at least have the decency to admit he was wrong?

--J.D.

Mr. Jones
5/04/2006 3:26am,
What type of Aikido can you find out? Who is this reputuable instructor?

Mjelva
5/04/2006 7:56am,
What type of Aikido can you find out? Who is this reputuable instructor?
Would you just give up, already?

FictionPimp
5/04/2006 8:04am,
I train aikido for one reason.

I belive there will be a post apocalyptic type world in the next 20 years where we will all be using swords and guns will be rare. Of course the main bad guys will be cyborgs. I of course will use my leet wrist grab attacks and defenses to become king of this world. You will all be my bitches. Your jiujitsu will have no defense for sword.

plasma
5/04/2006 9:22am,
I train aikido for one reason.

I belive there will be a post apocalyptic type world in the next 20 years where we will all be using swords and guns will be rare. Of course the main bad guys will be cyborgs. I of course will use my leet wrist grab attacks and defenses to become king of this world. You will all be my bitches. Your jiujitsu will have no defense for sword.

Even if that was a joke, you still lose.

kipdynamite
5/04/2006 4:11pm,
The style was Tomiko Aikido. His instructor was some fella in OKC who studied with another guy named Karl Geis. I've read a little about Geis, he knows his Judo and his Aikido. BUt, the point is my wife, a blue belt, thumped an Aikido black belt who had at least fifty pounds on her. His excuses were he could not apply full force becuase he'd break her arm or some sh*t like that. I grappled the fella too and he can do okay with his judo skills (our teacher has a judo BB as well) but he falls short on using the Aikido. Personally I just think Aikido has extremely limited combat applications. And the fact is after five years of working clubs and security I think wrist locks work great, in the DOJO! 99% of them would get you killed in a confrontation (of course situation dependent) do in large part to the fluid nature of a brawl.:qshatter:

kikkoman
5/04/2006 4:20pm,
I learned some wristlocks in TKD, but it was hapkido.

and hapkido ryhmes with aikido.

So theoretically I'm an aikidoka.

Mr. Jones
5/04/2006 4:21pm,
I knew it was Karl Geis. Personally I think his organization has inflated rank.

Mr. Jones
5/04/2006 4:49pm,
He should have used shomen-ate or usiro-ate on you. But he proabably already tried that. Sigh.

Goju - Joe
5/04/2006 5:04pm,
Once again I will state my 2 cents on Aikido

Aikido is very effective for a certain rang of motion and attacks that may occur.

The chances of someone trained in a good live MA using or giving the Aikidoka that range of motion to act upon are slim to none.

I think Aikido is best thought of as a specialty MA that strives to understand and bring peoples momentum in harmony with yours so that you can throw them with simple movements.

May 20% of what can occur in a fight is applicable for Aikido techniques, howwever if you can pull it off then they can be quite powerful.

The BIG problem with today's Aikido is that it realy doesn't teach you the other 80%

Even Judo is only going to give you an understanding of maybe 40% of what might occiur (Certain types of throws and takedowns against resisting opponents)

By the way ( a little off topic) in an MMA instance the only way I can see Aikido being used is to catch someone throwing a sloppy overhand right, which does happen in fights that go the distance. Even then the timing would have to be just right.

Mr. Jones
5/04/2006 5:19pm,
I have one word for you Goju joe oshi-taoshi.