PDA

View Full Version : 1" Punch Documentary

Gringo Grande
5/01/2006 10:28am,
This will either be a train wreck or interesting...hell maybe an interesting train wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

GG

Teh El Macho
5/01/2006 11:34am,
Man, how long it took for you to load? It's been like an hour, and still doesn't come up :(

meng_mao
5/01/2006 12:08pm,
Fairly strong whiff of Bullshido, with all the body damage scare stories. As though regular strikes can't do better.

It was interesting, but poor on martial arts, even though they criticized the movies for portraying MA poorly.

Teh El Macho
5/01/2006 12:42pm,
I couldn't open the videotube ****, but I found this one at video.google:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5196281035918129126&q=one+inch+punch&pl=true

Is that the same documentary?

meng_mao
5/01/2006 12:44pm,
Is that the same documentary?
yes, it is.

Teh El Macho
5/01/2006 12:58pm,
Ok, finally I watched the one at video.google...

... yeah, a lot of BS in the clip, but at least they critizice pple nowadays that prefer to sit on their fat asses and play Tekken. The tales of body injuries is also a bit BS... I mean, ****, the human body can take a lot of punishment and Chi flowing ****... man, what a load of anal-expelled post-digested material.

Having said that, I know this guy how does WC; he is pretty much aware of the BS that floats around, he spars hard and knows his limitations against, say, a grappler (that is, he is not into the anti-grapple delusions.) So I put some weight in what he says regarding 1" punchs.

Anyway, he demonstrated a 1" punch with an open palm to me once. That mofo really knew how to generate power. Having said that, from the conversation we had, for him, such a punch was most useful to de-escalate things. You know, just before a fight, pple go to each others' faces, and in such proximity, a 1" punch would make an uneducated opponent think twice.

Once people go into punch and kick swinging mode, when pple have made up their minds to **** each other up, things like a 1" punch would be useless... at least that's was what I got from the converstation with him.

wagamichi
5/01/2006 1:09pm,
I have done Iron palm for about 10 years. I can do a one inch punch. and truthfully, it is realy just a trick. it hurts really bad...but works best when you tell the "victim" "stand there and don't move" or "hold this phone book...dont move" The 1 inch punch does not hurt as bad as a real hit and is almost impossible to use in an alive setting. dose not mean it can't be done...but not likley. it is kind of like the old chop the water melon on the stomach trick. Impressive, especialy to the novice or un-educated.

In a moving fight, there is no one inch punch.

Samfoo
5/01/2006 1:55pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

"A short documentary on the One Inch Punch. Interviews with Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chun instructors. Discover more on what Bruce Lee demonstrated years ago. Shot and edited by Victor Tran."

So full of Bullshido...

"You can rupture someone's spleen, you can damage their liver, you can bruise their heart."

"In extreme cases, people have been known to attack the front and damage the back."

Also a ton of Bruce Lee nuthugging. Plenty of clips from old school chop socky movies being used to propagate this bullshit. There's even the token wise-old chinese guy talking about Chi.

The choicest quote:

"I think there's been a slight dip in martial arts in general. You think 150, 200 years ago people were training this system because that's all they had [...] People tend to be a bit lazier [now]"

Right, right, the guy with a double chin and a belly thinks that people are lazier now. I'm sure the Olympic Judoka and Olympic Wrestlers feel the same way. Besides, modern training science and nutrition haven't allowed us to train harder and longer!

(note: this was linked off of digg's front page, I don't know what it is with the tech community and retarded bullshido links this last week...)

EternalRage
5/01/2006 2:02pm,
Check out the comments on that page, the one at the bottom:

" I'd love to show you. :) It is very true, and anyone who tells you differently is a McBlackBelt Martial Artist."

Guess we are all McBBs.

Draven
5/03/2006 7:50pm,
This may not work in a moving but if someone would be getting in your face just standing there talking crap and going to attack you it would be pretty cool to be able to do this on him hehe

Method2Madness
5/03/2006 8:00pm,
I remember when i first started martial arts. I walked up to my teacher and said "Do you know how to do the 1inch punch" He replied "yeah i can show you how to do it, but it's just somthing for show. It's not somthing i would use in s self defense situation." So anyway he showed me how to do it, but i never really got the hang of it. It looked cool but thats about it.