PDA

View Full Version : Mongolian Wrestling Clip

T3hJudoChop
5/01/2006 8:25am,
More proof that grappling is t3h ghey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wB6WISba5M&search=mongolian%20wrestling

Actually, I was impressed with some of the throws. I hope they cleared the field of any rocks before they tossed each other.

Teh El Macho
5/01/2006 8:44am,
He, I haven't heard that soundtrack in ages. That soundtrack song is Erge-Sholee Biste Turda by Huun Huur Tu's If I'd Been Born an Eagle (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000000E42/sr=8-3/qid=1146490766/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-3595957-5942465?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

Man, some of the throws are just cool. Kinda gay with the speedo-like thingies, and all the seminaked burly guys flapping their arms (so cute:P) But, ****, they have some cool ass throws (specially one after 1/3 of the clip.)

And why would you hope the cleared the field of any dusty rocks before the matchs? They are training for the str33t!!!!

:bowdown:

Fearless Ukemi
5/01/2006 9:03am,
Yeah somewhat fruity at times, but still very impressive.

broken fingers
5/01/2006 9:27am,
cool vid.

Fitz
5/01/2006 10:02am,
Man, some of the throws are just cool. Kinda gay with the speedo-like thingies, and all the seminaked burly guys flapping their arms (so cute:P) But, ****, they have some cool ass throws (specially one after 1/3 of the clip.)

The story goes that a woman dressed as a man and entered a competition, beating just about everyone. After that the open chest/speedo combo was introduced to make sure it didn't happen again.

Mr Han
5/01/2006 5:14pm,
I saw some Mongolian wrestling on a TV show last year about Ewan McGregor and one of his mates travelling from London to New York via Europe Asia and North America on motorbikes.
They stayed in some place in Mongolia and watched some people wrestling and tried it themselves. It looked pretty cool. I don't think I saw some of the throws used in that video though.

mrblackmagic
5/01/2006 10:22pm,
They got skills, but I'm seeing an emerging pattern of homo-eroticism in wrestling uniforms outside of the U.S.

saku39
5/01/2006 10:42pm,
just outside the u.s.?

DdlR
5/02/2006 12:46am,
I saw some Mongolian wrestling at a cultural exhibition put on by the Smithsonian Institute in DC a few years ago. They were going easy in that display, but Mongolian wrestlers definitely know their stuff.

The "arm flapping" is known as the Eagle Dance, it's part of the tradition - roughly equivalent to "raising the roof".

Bang!
5/02/2006 12:59am,
A friend of mine has been to Mongolia a couple of times. He says that in the outback, guys will practically drag you into a wrestling match. Sounds great to me. I may actually be going next year, so we'll see what happens.

Virus
5/02/2006 5:47am,
Someone on Kuataki once said that BJJ was a fad and that some other exotic thing will one day take over, like polynesian wrestling. He was wrong, it's going to be Mongolian gay-pants wrestling.

roly
5/02/2006 6:10am,
anyone know the rules??

from watching, it seemed that the first guy to touch the groud with anything other than thier feet lost

Virus
5/02/2006 7:06am,
I hope they cleared the field of any rocks before they tossed each other.

They train for t3h d1rt.

T3hJudoChop
5/02/2006 7:10am,
The story goes that a woman dressed as a man and entered a competition, beating just about everyone. After that the open chest/speedo combo was introduced to make sure it didn't happen again.

I think it's funny that to keep a woman out of the sport they had to make it more gay.

Teh El Macho
5/02/2006 10:16am,
I think it's funny that to keep a woman out of the sport they had to make it more gay.That's because women don't like gay-looking men. See the logic?

Maestro Nobones
5/02/2006 12:41pm,
that was pretty impressive