PDA

View Full Version : Bajiquan in Movies?

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Jones
4/28/2006 3:01pm,
I was wondering have there been in guys who do Bajiquan in movies? I know Bajiquan proabably looks too ugly but maybe someone made an exception while back.

Zendetta
4/28/2006 3:10pm,
Jet li does some bagua in The One.

But the movie still suxxx.

Shaolinz
4/28/2006 3:35pm,
Yea the "good" version of Jet li uses Bagua Zhang.

peng
4/28/2006 3:48pm,
Is baijiquan baguazhang?

Eh?

For bagua, try "The Tai Chi Master" with Jacky Wu. It's a semi-historical account of Yang Lu Chan that has a great fight with him and the founder of Bagua. It's got some other good bagua scenes, but that's the best, IMHO.

Torakaka
4/28/2006 3:52pm,
Akira in Virtua fighter uses Baji I think (I know, not a movie)

Mr. Mantis
4/28/2006 3:53pm,
Is baijiquan baguazhang?

No.
Baji
is not
Bagua (Paqua)

plasma
4/28/2006 3:59pm,
The Good Jet Li in the The One is the only one I know.

Mr. Jones
4/28/2006 4:05pm,
How come whenever someone mentions Bajiquan someone has to bring up Akira? People don't say Lion did Praying Mantis or Jacky did Jeet Kune Do.

Mr. Jones
4/28/2006 4:22pm,
http://www.kuoshu.net/Pics/BaJi.jpg

Bean0r
4/30/2006 11:12am,
How come whenever someone mentions Bajiquan someone has to bring up Akira? People don't say Lion did Praying Mantis or Jacky did Jeet Kune Do.

yeah but Lion and Jacky were pretty gay tbh. Akira was the man.

It is Fake
4/30/2006 11:53am,
Do you know what you are asking?

Jet Li doesn't do Baji Quan.

Jet Li does Bagua(Pakua) and Xingyi Quan.

No not BaJi. Do not piss Lord Asia off.

Ronin.74
4/30/2006 11:59am,
I'll ask my instructor if he knows of any films that focused on Baji.

My instructor once choreographed the fight scene for some old BaGua movie in China, he said the the actors were so horrible at doing Bagua that they put him in identical outfits then just filmed his arms and legs going through the motions so people would think it was the actors. So basically his body is in a few scenes but never his face.

Gezere
4/30/2006 12:02pm,
BAGUA and BAJI! ARE NOT THE SAME THING YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that said I don't know of any movie that features Baji. There are several Anime and manga that do, though.

Kengou
4/30/2006 1:46pm,

With that said I don't know of any movie that features Baji. There are several Anime and manga that do, though.
Such as? I'd really like to see.

peng
4/30/2006 2:02pm,

Hey man, ever since I mistakenly told someone that Qinna and Chinna were two different concepts, I've taken a cautionary approach towards assuming I know what a asiaticish looking word is suppossed to mean.

Torakaka
4/30/2006 2:14pm,

Lion was such a fag. What was up with the life preserver?