PDA

View Full Version : The Top Ten Reasons To Take TKD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

mad_mally
4/28/2006 12:50pm,
Ok, here's my top ten list of reason why you should take Tae Kwon Do.

10. you like pissing money away at Mcdojo's

9. you like wearing a helmet and chest protector.

8. You think Muay Thai and BJJ is for fags, because every TKD fag knows that a black belt can control distance at will.

7. you like fighting with your hands down

6. you like to get your ass kicked at least once a week

5. You like ***** point fighting.

4. you like sigining up right away for the 2 year blackbelt program.

3. you think that after a couple of classes you'll be able to fight like Neo in the Matrix, but you soon discover that kicks don't work in a headlock.

2. you like to masterbate while crying in the dark.

1. you want fries with your blackbelt

Mjelva
4/28/2006 12:55pm,
You do karate.

Coyote
4/28/2006 12:57pm,
Mally, you are new here right?

I have decided that I do not like you.

Not because you say that TKD sucks, which it does, but because this thread is such a shitty, unoriginal ripoff of the "10 reasons-XMA" thread.

Die.

mad_mally
4/28/2006 12:58pm,
I take a blend of Ju-Jitsu and Karate. The Karate I take is more along the lines of Kickboxing (although we call it Goju for some reason).

mad_mally
4/28/2006 1:02pm,
I created the Top ten reasons to take XMA, so I guess I'm just ripping off my own post.

Goju - Joe
4/28/2006 1:03pm,
I take a blend of Ju-Jitsu and Karate. The Karate I take is more along the lines of Kickboxing (although we call it Goju for some reason).

Huh what? Where?

TKDer
4/28/2006 1:32pm,

8. You think Muay Thai and BJJ is for fags, because every TKD fag knows that a black belt can control distance at will.

3. you think that after a couple of classes you'll be able to fight like Neo in the Matrix, but you soon discover that kicks don't work in a headlock.

So does this thread have a point to it at all?

Oh yeah.. and you do Cobra Kai Karate... so yeah. Shut the **** up. And you should already fucking know by now that XMA is t3h d3adly... dumbass.

mad_mally
4/28/2006 1:45pm,
So does this thread have a point to it at all?

Oh yeah.. and you do Cobra Kai Karate... so yeah. Shut the **** up. And you should already fucking know by now that XMA is t3h d3adly... dumbass.

I think you fall under reason number 2.:jihad: :tongue1:

broken fingers
4/28/2006 1:56pm,
style bashing will eventually get you hated.

broken fingers
4/28/2006 1:59pm,
mad mally, apparently you think your style is bad ass...

you wouldnt call a guy "pizza face" if your face was covered in zits right?

so you saying that practicioners of other styles suck, implying that you are t3h Bada$$.
a video of your school would be nice... perhaps a throwdown??

Firebrand
4/28/2006 2:00pm,
How about this one? Point fighting with cute little hotties can be a heck of a lot more fun than rolling with big sweaty monsters.

Odacon
4/28/2006 2:03pm,
Your not much better mally, as we've gone over many times 99.9% of karate is rubbish.

plasma
4/28/2006 2:56pm,
Mally, you are new here right?

I have decided that I do not like you.

Not because you say that TKD sucks, which it does, but because this thread is such a shitty, unoriginal ripoff of the "10 reasons-XMA" thread.

Die.

Coyote I decided if I ever meet you I am going to punch you in the face for your avatar. Then we can get a beer.

CNagy
4/28/2006 3:14pm,

I recieved inexpensive training at a college club.

Headgear, yes. Chest protector? What are you, five? Adults don't wear that ****.

Styles don't kick other styles asses, people kick other people's asses.

If I fought with my hands down, I'd catch a right hook to the face, and I'm not talking about a kick. But maybe that's just my club.

I fight guys who can kick my ass, and when they can't kick my ass anymore, I go and find guys who can. I like it, it means I am getting better.

Point fighting is a good way to learn restrain. Plus, it takes alot of speed. Both of which are good things to have.

Belts are political. Would I like to have a black belt? Sure. Do I have any illusions that it'll make me invincible... heh heh. Rank is pointless.

Neo's form was horrible, so this one is pretty much true.

That sounds like a personal problem, and your personal experience. Why not save this sort of stuff for your shrink?

Mmm... fries. I better damn well get a dinner party celebration after I get my blackbelt.

The style haters are missing the point. I'll fight you regardless of how "badass" your martial art is. And if I win, it doesn't mean TKD is awesome, it means I beat your ass. And if I lose, it doesn't mean TKD sucks, it means you beat my ass. End of story.

plasma
4/28/2006 3:43pm,
I recieved inexpensive training at a college club.

Headgear, yes. Chest protector? What are you, five? Adults don't wear that ****.

Styles don't kick other styles asses, people kick other people's asses.

If I fought with my hands down, I'd catch a right hook to the face, and I'm not talking about a kick. But maybe that's just my club.

I fight guys who can kick my ass, and when they can't kick my ass anymore, I go and find guys who can. I like it, it means I am getting better.

Point fighting is a good way to learn restrain. Plus, it takes alot of speed. Both of which are good things to have.

Belts are political. Would I like to have a black belt? Sure. Do I have any illusions that it'll make me invincible... heh heh. Rank is pointless.

Neo's form was horrible, so this one is pretty much true.

That sounds like a personal problem, and your personal experience. Why not save this sort of stuff for your shrink?

Mmm... fries. I better damn well get a dinner party celebration after I get my blackbelt.

The style haters are missing the point. I'll fight you regardless of how "badass" your martial art is. And if I win, it doesn't mean TKD is awesome, it means I beat your ass. And if I lose, it doesn't mean TKD sucks, it means you beat my ass. End of story.

TKD sucks, you suck. Go kill yourself.

CNagy
4/28/2006 3:47pm,
TKD sucks, you suck. Go kill yourself.
So what ninja art is supposed to demoralize your oppoent to the point of suicide?