PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New...

EdNemo
4/28/2006 10:51am,
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and joined so that I could read what others thought of different martial arts and fighting systems. I have studied martial arts for a long time (20+ years) and consider myself well versed in the history of various martial arts styles. (I read a lot.) However, it has been my experience that most books are written from either a completely pro or con perspective and have very little in the way of facts to back them up. I am especially interested in some of the more famous or infamous people out there. Frank Dux, Ashida Kim, and Count Dante to name a few. (I have however briefly met Frank Dux at a book reading in DC. And by meet I mean, I said Hello to him and listed to him answer questions from conspiracy nuts.) I am not trying to write a book or anything, I am just interested in all forms of martial arts and want to know as much as possible. I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say about different martial arts.

Thank You,

-Ed

PirateJon
4/28/2006 10:56am,
Nothing obviously flame-able....

Lurk in the martial arts history forum - good stuff goes down there.

GoldenJonas
4/28/2006 11:03am,
well.......you suck!!!! yeah, take that stupid noob............(sigh) best I could do sorry........

anyways, welcome.

Rhamma
4/28/2006 11:12am,
Here is an interesting link I just found on Karate.

http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/Karate

I offer no opion on if it is correct or not.

Some of it I have heard before.

Some of it I have heard debated before.

broken fingers
4/28/2006 12:20pm,
well.......you suck!!!! yeah, take that stupid noob............(sigh) best I could do sorry........

anyways, welcome.

in this case, your the noob since you can't read the stickies on how you are not allowed to flame the noobies...
-TMMAk

broken fingers
4/28/2006 12:21pm,
Bienvenidos, EdNemo!