PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good school in Tucson, AZ

fankango
4/28/2006 1:53am,
hello everyone, i am new and i am wanting to get in to martial arts, i did it when i was little but i had to get out because i was doing to many sports. i am wanting to get back in to it because it was just plain fun. i don't know which one i should learn, i was thinking either taewkondo or aikido. i want it to be punch and kicks and somethign that will look good on camera, i am wanting to be an actor. i wanted to do wushu but there is no school near me that has that. so if know of a good school or even what martial arts form i should study please share, or anything you want to tell me. thanks

Saker
4/28/2006 3:05am,
ahahahahahahha can't wait for the likes of Omega to see this. he may actually have a stroke.

Seriously though I thought there was no trolling allowed in Newbietown

MONGO
4/28/2006 5:01am,
hello everyone, i am new and i am wanting to get in to martial arts, i did it when i was little but i had to get out because i was doing to many sports. i am wanting to get back in to it because it was just plain fun. i don't know which one i should learn, i was thinking either taewkondo or aikido. i want it to be punch and kicks and somethign that will look good on camera, i am wanting to be an actor. i wanted to do wushu but there is no school near me that has that. so if know of a good school or even what martial arts form i should study please share, or anything you want to tell me. thanks

Take gymnastics or a form of dance. Don't screw up the martial arts community with your moronic priorities.

Saker
4/28/2006 6:15am,
I think we are having our collective leg pulled here mongo. You would only have to lurk for about 0.38th of a second to know that a post like that would be outright inflammatory on bullshido.

I'm just surprised no-ones had an outright spaz attack and threatened to eat his children etc, newbietown rules not withstanding

PirateJon
4/28/2006 8:29am,
http://www.incredible-adventures.com/bodyguards.html

fankango
4/28/2006 9:39am,
Take gymnastics or a form of dance. Don't screw up the martial arts community with your moronic priorities. well i actually do gymnastics already, it is a great feeling when you are doing a flip and the world around you just slows down and then at the next everything it's back to normal onces you feet hits the ground. but i am not just wanting to take martial arts to have something flashing. i also want it so if evenyone trys to mess with my family again.

Saker
4/28/2006 10:05am,
i also want it so if evenyone trys to mess with my family again.

You're an American? Surely a single trip to your nearest gunshop will provide a veritable plethora of means to defend your family.

somethign that will look good on camera

not claiming any expertise but since when did real MA get used in films. That said something like capoeira might do it. Still think guns are your way forward though. You're in luck too, they certainly are used in films.:qright7:

well i actually do gymnastics already, it is a great feeling when you are doing a flip and the world around you just slows down and then at the next everything it's back to normal onces you feet hits the ground

:wtfgif9fr

PirateJon
4/28/2006 10:57am,
but i am not just wanting to take martial arts to have something flashing. i also want it so if evenyone trys to mess with my family again.

Get a gun.

Rhamma
4/28/2006 11:14am,
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33811

~EDIT~
Look at number 13!

daGorilla
4/28/2006 11:38am,
well i actually do gymnastics already, it is a great feeling when you are doing a flip and the world around you just slows down and then at the next everything it's back to normal onces you feet hits the ground. but i am not just wanting to take martial arts to have something flashing. i also want it so if evenyone trys to mess with my family again.

Oh crikey. This is almost painful.

-daGorilla

fankango
4/28/2006 6:40pm,
i am getting a gun (which i hope to never have to use) but what happens when your gun is not around you or gets taken from you, then i have to use my hands. all my friends do capoeira, but for some reason i dont care for that form.

"13. You are homosexual and not talented enough for musical theater."
well i am not homosexual but i do agree that i am not talented enough for musical theater. so 50% right haha

Lane
4/28/2006 7:16pm,
I dunno... you know what musical theatre is. That sounds pretty homoriffic to me.

Saker
4/29/2006 7:04am,
Alright mate first of all i'm sorry for calling you a troll when you are not. I do think you are misguided though.
Flashy martial arts that will also allow you to break bad with people insulting the family name? IMO don't exist. By all means wushu your way into a casting. In a fight however, you're likely to wushu into a full body cast, if not a grave.
Something to consider Boxing is good for self defence and the conditioning makes you look the part. Plus i'm sure I read somewhere that Matt Damon did boxing for the bourne supremacy because the director liked the way that boxers walk.
Just something to think on.

SFGOON
4/29/2006 5:03pm,
This isn't the right forum for you. Guys here tend to think with the testes and like to hurt each others feelings. They don't like Aikido, TKD, Wing Chun, or flashy kung-fu. They like BJJ! Martial Arts Planet has more of the kind of thing you're looking for I think, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Ajax
4/29/2006 10:05pm,
Personaly I think you and TKD fit hand in glove. It's like you were made for each other.
If you do get a gun, learn how to use it. I'm not talking about learning to shoot it, anyone with an index finger can do that. Take an actual CQ/combat shooting class. This will lessen the chances of you shooting yourself, or getting the gun taken from you.

Antifa
4/29/2006 10:23pm,
i am getting a gun (which i hope to never have to use) but what happens when your gun is not around you or gets taken from you,

You die.

then i have to use my hands.

Yes. while reciting the 23rd Psalm.

all my friends do capoeira, but for some reason i dont care for that form.

That is the only intellegent statement you have made.