PDA

View Full Version : A simple defence against legs on the ground?

Toby Christensen
5/12/2003 4:19am,
I was grappling my brother by attacking him as he lay on a bed. I leapt on him screaming, "IN THE NUTS! IN THE NUTS!". I was able to grab his leg and I bit it, (not full force of course, but he was distracted). He then started to push me away with his legs, as I was sitting on the bed trying to immobolize his leg and put it in a hold. I was pushed away, and am wondering how I should approach this problem. This is not the first time someone has done this to me.

Should I grab my opponent's leg, turn away from my opponent and immobolize the ankle, twisting the foot painfully by hooking my left arm around the leg under the knee or across the ankle and twisting the foot with my right? Should I grab the foot of my opponent and flip my opponent over somehow, applying a reverse leg-lock? What isthe best way to flip an opponent over on to his stomach? Should I grab the leg of my opponent and drag them?

A 6th dan black belt in bastardry.

"Damn you! You dirty fighter." My sparring partner, also disabled, recovering from being bitten.

panda
5/12/2003 4:29am,
jesus christ dude, go easy on ur brother...sounds like a standard guard pass if he's trying to push u away with his legs, u can do the classic ways like grab both legs, toss them to the side and try to get to a sidemount, the most basic way is to pin one leg on the ground, then place the other leg on ur shoulder and keep on pressing forward till its uncomfortable and then shift that leg to the same side as the other leg u pinned and get to side mount; knee on thigh pass work pretty well too but often painful for the person defending (not that u seem to care). Another way is to simply push forward with ur weight on the other persons legs, (their hamstring should be against ur chest) and "stack" them till its very uncomfortable for them and then dump him to the side to get into side control.
Those are the tried and tru ways of passing the guard, but u seem like u r crazy enough to do some other psycho guard passes like cartwheeling over their legs or fake them out with a 360 spin to the side (alot like that basketball move ppl do)...just dont hurt urself man

panda
5/12/2003 4:34am,
and dont hurt ur sparring partner either

9chambers
5/12/2003 10:46am,
Stab his foot with a sword!

Simps
5/12/2003 10:52am,
Not a big fan of having to deal with someone's legs ... your best bet would be to push them towards the side, grab one of them and then bend his leg and twist his lower leg towards the outside ... this will make him end up on his belly.

Whenever you're in a situation like that, keep both legs to the side of you .. keeps you from getting kicked.

Be careful that you don't apply too much force, because you will **** up his knees.

Simps

Omega Supreme
5/12/2003 12:57pm,
"Angry Spastic" huh?

What an appropriate name.

Go away I'm talking to myself

PizDoff
5/12/2003 3:12pm,
lol

i think he has a twin as well

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
(And my two creaky knees...)

FingerorMoon?
5/12/2003 6:23pm,
I leapt on him screaming, "IN THE NUTS! IN THE NUTS!". I was able to grab his leg and I bit it

Based on this quote, I don't think anything I tell you will help anyway :)

--------
El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
--------

MMA_Phil
5/12/2003 10:14pm,
Heel hook, toe hold, achilles hold, calf hold, knee bar, pass his guard, change to a better position. Any of those may or may not work.
If he's pushing you back with his legs then a submission should be relatively easy.

Greese
5/13/2003 1:27am,
Not being a dumb ass.

Pandinha
5/13/2003 1:36am,
Panda is correct. Classic way of passing the guard. Stacking. Trying to pull a leg over and flipping who has you in their guard is pretty hard. Not to mention if they are trying to submit or punch you at the same time. The Stack negates alot of that.

==================
"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

Middlemoor
5/13/2003 3:57am,
You can always just attack his legs, especially if his arms are on the other side of you.

Edited by - Middlemoor on May 13 2003 03:57:58

Toby Christensen
5/13/2003 7:08am,
"Angry Spastic" huh?

What an appropriate name.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Of course it's an appropriate name Omega! I have spasticity and I'm angry! Would you prefer I called myself "Taiji Masta Woo" or some other FALSE name?

A 6th dan black belt in bastardry.

"Damn you! You dirty fighter." My sparring partner, also disabled, recovering from being bitten.