PDA

View Full Version : Ali G in da USA

Shura
5/09/2003 4:44pm,
I've been a big fan of Ali G since back in the day, and I'm wiondering, though I think his American series is hilarious, how well it's being recieved in the states. Is it popular and what do you think of it?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?

'It's all a ruse with Shura'-Kaine

PizDoff
5/09/2003 5:22pm,
He is an annoying loudmouth.

Doesn't help he calls women "hoes."

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
(And my two creaky knees...)

Omar
5/09/2003 7:13pm,
Ali G is the best damn satirist in da HOUSE !!!

PizDoff,

Did you just see hsi movie or did you dig up his T.V. stuff? The movie is just plain dumb. Sometimes funny but basically just MTV style grown up guy acting stupid. The T.V. stuff is so damn subtle the irony in his questions are probably lost on most dumb Americans. Especially the earlier episodes when a lot of his guests don't seem to know who he is and that his audience is mostly grown ups and not kids.

Hysterical.

Almost as good as 'Brass Eye'

BAH ! Puny Humans !

Omar
5/09/2003 7:16pm,
p.s. I guess he's got an HBO show now too? Any brits out there who can compare it to the original stuff I'm all ears...

BAH ! Puny Humans !

PizDoff
5/09/2003 7:19pm,
uh sure.....

--

sanchin
5/10/2003 3:37am,
The early stuff was funny when the guests didn't know it was a piss-take. Watching politicians trying to dumb down so they could talk to 'da kidz' was really funny, but it's all got too stale now.

Shura
5/10/2003 6:47am,
Yeah. I think that his fame went to his head. The movie was one of the biggest pieces of crap that I ever seen. But in the American HBO show he does he returns to his roots of satirising and piss-taking of poeple who don't know him. That's why his show went stale in Britain, he just got too famous and started to live the life he was mocking. But I still think the new American stuff is great and look forward to more of the same.

Piz- He is playing a role, satirising wiggas. It's all a joke. You don't think he was serious, did you?

Gezere
5/10/2003 6:53am,
Haven't seen his american show but I been watching him for years! BOOYAKACHA!!!!

______
Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/2657/hyaku.gif

Omar
5/10/2003 1:49pm,
That Turkish/Armenian/Khasakestani or some central asian country sharacter he does is some times funnier than the 'wigga'.

BAH ! Puny Humans !

Shura
5/10/2003 2:04pm,
Yeah, he's real funny. You see when he faked a Khazakistani National anthem in front of a crowd at a baseball stadium? LMAO

Also, what do yuou think of Bruno. He proves that everyone working in the fashion industry live in their own little twisted world.

dburton
5/12/2003 4:26pm,
He's a damn retard

PizDoff
5/12/2003 6:44pm,
Shura-I'll look at his earlier stuff if i can....

fame goes to everyone's head
lol dburton

--

gojuJKDdude
5/13/2003 9:10am,
I think Ali G is really funny but I think hes kind of a knock off of Tom Greene. I dont know how well its being received in the US. I didn't even know he had a show until I changed to it by accident. Another good show from the UK is Trigger Happy TV. Sometimes they do some funny ****.

PizDoff
5/13/2003 12:12pm,
minor spelling mistake there....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=transcend

you forgot an "s"

--

Shura
5/13/2003 12:18pm,
Whatever would we do without you Piz.

You are the laxative that eases and smooths out the flow of discussion on Bullshido

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Freud: An die andere Seite zu kommen. (Much laughter)

PizDoff
5/13/2003 1:00pm,
i used to read a lot of books and am a poet myself...

--