PDA

View Full Version : BJJ In Arizona Disclaimer

The Wastrel
5/08/2003 5:46pm,
"It has come to our attention that there is a Jiu-jitsu school in Arizona promoting itself as a Graciefighter representative and the instructor is stating that he is a Cesar Gracie black belt. We have no affiliates in Arizona and Cesar's only black belt is David Terrell. The only recommended jiu-jitsu school in Arizona is Rickson Gracie affiliate, Wellington "Megaton" Diaz."
-GF

www.graciefighter.com

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com

Edited by - The Wastrel on May 08 2003 17:47:20

FingerorMoon?
5/08/2003 6:28pm,
If you can gonna' make claims - aim big!

The guy should have claimed to BE a Gracie.

--------
El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
--------

deus ex machina
5/08/2003 7:41pm,
He could've probably passed for a Gracie. There's so fucking many of them.

I mean, Rorion Gracie has 9 kids. NINE!

~
danny

Omen Stone
5/08/2003 9:34pm,
lol feel sorry for his wife.

"You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans."-George Carlin

Blad3
5/08/2003 9:53pm,
lol FM, nice post Wastrel.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
"If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott (http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/displayfighter.cfm?fighterid=110)

xMEATx
5/09/2003 12:21am,
There are two other black belts in Phoenix, AZ

Jerry Laurita (Joe Moreira)
Laurita's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Four of Jerry's students medaled in the Pan Ams - and Jerry fought a hard match against Franjinha - losing 2x0.

and

Gustavo Dantas (A. Pederneiras)
Arizona Combat Sports

Thanks.

"It has come to our attention that there is a Jiu-jitsu school in Arizona promoting itself as a Graciefighter representative and the instructor is stating that he is a Cesar Gracie black belt. We have no affiliates in Arizona and Cesar's only black belt is David Terrell. The only recommended jiu-jitsu school in Arizona is Rickson Gracie affiliate, Wellington "Megaton" Diaz."
-GF

www.graciefighter.com

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com

Edited by - The Wastrel on May 08 2003 17:47:20

Edited by - xMEATx on May 09 2003 00:34:06

JKDChick
5/09/2003 1:23am,
Yeah, they aren't claiming there are no othr black belts, just that there are no other Gracie black belts.

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
-- KC Elbows, my new hero.

xMEATx
5/09/2003 7:14am,
Actually he said the "only recommended" school in AZ is Megatons. I was just adding my two sents - and giving props to two very good Jiu-jitsu instructors that have the best comp. teams in AZ.

Thanks.

Yeah, they aren't claiming there are no othr black belts, just that there are no other Gracie black belts.

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
-- KC Elbows, my new hero.

The Wastrel
5/09/2003 8:17am,
The real problem is that somebody is claiming to be a Cesar Gracie black belt, but the only one is David Terrell.

They may be basing their statement about Arizona schools on the bjj.org site listing, which as many know is a little out of date.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Greese
5/11/2003 1:59am,
How does Lenningers BJJ people tend to fair?