PDA

View Full Version : Headbutts in martial arts?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

showwdown
4/02/2006 8:26pm,
Hmmm I was watching some of my friends freesparring, one was a judo fighter and another was a brown belt in karate. So my judo friend is about 5 foot 6 while the my karate fighter is 6 foot 1.

After a heated argument about a move used by my judo friend (who held karate friend down and tried to hit him in the balls) they both said that they should fight street rules then.

Next thing I know I'm calling the ambulance because karate friend grabs judo friend by the neck and brings down a headbutt of death on his cheek (he was aiming for his nose but judo friend moved) judo friend got his cheek fucked up as you can imagine...

When he gets out of the hospital and wants a rematch, thinking there wont be another headbutt, they decide on street rules again.

After about two minutes of angry looking fighting on the ground, karate friend stands up and brings a headbutt down on the the head of judo friend.

Which got me to thinking, are there actually any martial arts that involve headbutts??

morale of the story, if your playing street rules, you should say no headbutts

Toby Christensen
4/02/2006 8:30pm,
Testa and Gwindumulutu, some schools of karate and some Shaolin styles.

showwdown
4/02/2006 8:33pm,
Really??! badass, sign me up for the headbutt course

Cassius
4/02/2006 8:40pm,
God I can't wait until you're banned.

Shard
4/02/2006 8:48pm,
Damn, Street rules don't prove anything. Unless your style consists mainly of groin strikes, eye gourging and head butting.

You should probably try the basic, No balls, eyes, fingers or headbutts. Unless you like doing headbutt to knee and elbow. Those are prefectly fine.

Askari
4/02/2006 8:51pm,
Soccer Hoolaganism and Rugby-Jitsu both include Teh Deadly headbuttes...

VikingPower
4/02/2006 8:52pm,
Scottish Karate. They call it a Glasgow kiss for a reason...

Jebuyaga
4/02/2006 9:11pm,
Didn't muay Thai have headbutts? Before they became no-no moves?

showwdown
4/02/2006 9:15pm,
We never learnt headbutts, but we did learn the deadly five finger exploding heart technique is that an illegal move yet?

Poop Loops
4/02/2006 9:21pm,
Burmese Boxing has headbutts, if I recall.

TehDeadlyDimMak
4/02/2006 9:57pm,
Well... props to karate friend for knowing what he's doing... you do realize you're going to have to bail him out of jail one day though?

showwdown
4/02/2006 10:00pm,
if he dosent headbutt me first

SFGOON
4/02/2006 11:39pm,
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!! Headbutt me once shame on you! Headbutt me twice I go "DUHHHHHH" and spend the rest of my life eating blended beets through a tube!

Priceless **** - priceless!!

supercrap
4/03/2006 12:07am,
See Mark Coleman in the early days of the UFC.

It used to be GnH - Ground N Headbutt.

Draven
4/03/2006 12:10am,
Wanderlei Silva uses it when the ref isnīt watching...

Dagon Akujin
4/03/2006 1:06am,
Which got me to thinking, are there actually any martial arts that involve headbutts??

Boxing.

Not a legal move of course, but still used and learned. Sometimes happen "accidentally" too.

Dagon Akujin :wrestlerf