PDA

View Full Version : Just got here...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cymro
3/20/2006 10:50am,
Greetings, Ye Hoes, Pimps, Haters and Scallywags:

I limit myself to three days of lurking before making the decision to either join a forum or flee forever. I'm choosing to stick around Bullshido. The No-B.S. policy and generally open and happy atmosphere are impossible to resist.

I'm a tall, mildly overweight professional writer/translator, complete with a beard. I was training pretty hard in Tai Chi/Kung Fu and FMA's until a recent shoulder injury put me on the sidelines, where I'm probably going to have to remain. So it's just Tai Chi, from here on out.

I'm looking forward to learning from and possibly contributing to this forum. I've hated MA fraud and BS ever since my McDojo days. Years of my life I will never, ever get back.

But that's ok, because me WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot TKD instructor was old-skool, and totally ready for teh str33t. My style contains secret ant-grapple Bunkai. And Bruce Lee woulda totally ownzd Gracie with his secret Dim Mak techniques. And I've totally mastered the combat flashlight. I can't even spar with it cause it's so deadly, I seriously might make your head explode. It's based on top-secret Lithuanian army techniques and secret Southeastern Shaolin forms....

GoldenJonas
3/20/2006 11:16am,
Holy crap.......flame throwers on disintegrate:ohyeah: ....ready....go!!!!!!

Sam Browning
3/20/2006 11:19am,
What languages do you speak/read?

Yrkoon9
3/20/2006 11:24am,
What do you think of Wing Chun?

Phrost
3/20/2006 11:27am,
Hmm... we're averaging 600-900 new members a month.

I guess it's time we broke down and made an introductions forum.

Cymro
3/20/2006 11:37am,
GoldenJonas: You may fire when ready. Pun intended.

Samuel Browning: I'm freelance, so whatever they pay me to. I grew up in Europe (parents were army), so I do fairly well in most major Western European languages. Majored in Chinese as an undergraduate, and also did a lot of work in Indo-Malay and Hindi. Let me know if I can be of service.

YrKoon9: I try very, very hard not to.

jnp
3/20/2006 11:45am,
Hmm... we're averaging 600-900 new members a month.

I guess it's time we broke down and made an introductions forum.

No! Please say it isn't so! Newbsville sub-forum on the horizon? What will the neighbors say?

Cymro, introductory threads suck! You suck! We all suck! Wait... I think I strained my exclamation point muscle.

I can't believe you haven't been properly flamed by the veterans that have posted. Did I mention you suck? Welcome to Bullshido you filthy, filthy n00b. Oh yeah, Tai Chi sucks.

Cymro
3/20/2006 11:54am,
jnp: Sometimes Tai Chi blows. Taoist arts are about duality and balance.

wagamichi
3/20/2006 11:55am,
generally open and happy atmosphere are impossible to resist.

Hahahahahahahah You did not lurk long enough you basterd.

jnp
3/20/2006 12:02pm,
jnp: Sometimes Tai Chi blows. Taoist arts are about duality and balance.
Did you read my post? What made you think I was being even remotely earnest? NEVER take anything I say seriously. Nobody else here does. *sniffle*

Cymro
3/20/2006 12:05pm,
wagamichi: Someday, someone will explain unto thee the concept of 'sarcasm'. But it won't be me. It won't be me.

jnp: I wasn't taking you seriously! I responded to your cynicism with obnoxiousness, and apparently some serious cross-mojonation ensued. I just want to clear this up; wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or develope a serious misunderstanding on my first day.

jnp
3/20/2006 12:08pm,
jnp: I wasn't taking you seriously! I responded to your cynicism with obnoxiousness, and apparently some serious cross-mojonation ensued. I just want to clear this up; wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or develope a serious misunderstanding on my first day.
Normally I'd PM you with this reply, but you need eleven posts to send/receive them.

You know, I got that about two seconds after I posted.

Umm, hurting people's feelings is a time honored tradition here...loser.

wagamichi
3/20/2006 12:09pm,
wagamichi: Someday, someone will explain unto thee the concept of 'sarcasm'. But it won't be me. It won't be me.

**** you.

wagamichi
3/20/2006 12:09pm,
Oh yea...welcome to Bullshido.

Sam Browning
3/20/2006 12:31pm,
GoldenJonas: You may fire when ready. Pun intended.

Samuel Browning: I'm freelance, so whatever they pay me to. I grew up in Europe (parents were army), so I do fairly well in most major Western European languages. Majored in Chinese as an undergraduate, and also did a lot of work in Indo-Malay and Hindi. Let me know if I can be of service.

YrKoon9: I try very, very hard not to.

A list would be useful since I end up doing some overseas investigations. See the David Bannon thread for example.

Cymro
3/20/2006 12:59pm,
jnp and wagamichi: Thank you both for the warm welcome. And **** you too, my friends!

Browning: Just let me know what you need. If I can't do it myself I'll find you someone who can. Gratis.

David Bannon? You'd better be careful investigating him. He worked for interpol, you know...