PDA

View Full Version : Another leg breaker clip. How?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ke?poFist
3/18/2006 11:06pm,
http://comegetyousome.com/video/shin_break.wmv

Is this for real? I've done quite a many roundhouse kicks in my day, and I've never felt more than a strong bruising. Do these guys have kicks that are so strong that not even their own bones can take it?

(did a forum search, didn't find this video, only this one a few times... http://www.okinawan-shorinryu.com/vi.../shinkick.mpeg)

Stick
3/18/2006 11:09pm,
Old, but thanks all the same.

:: vomits ::

Ke?poFist
3/18/2006 11:12pm,
bah! Foiled again!

Poop Loops
3/18/2006 11:25pm,
Jesus Christ! He's kicking so hard he's actually damaging his skeletal system!

Punisher
3/18/2006 11:46pm,
I also think that these types of things are likely a cumulative result of many, many kicks over time.

I have a friend of mine who is training to be a professional fighter who has been side lined several times with stress fractures in his shins. It's not like one kick does it. Hundreds and hundreds of kicks and the inability to tell "normal" soreness from something more serious until it is too late are main factors.

sidran
3/18/2006 11:58pm,
I thought I heard somewhere that you can break your shin that way if you get hit on the wrong part of the bone, i.e. the flat part towards the inside of your shin, and that's partially why when you roundhouse kick you make sure the angle of force is parallel to the ground or pointing downward.

Lights Out
3/19/2006 12:21am,
I have pretty much heard the same thing.

G-G-G Ghost!
3/19/2006 12:23am,
I think there was some discussion about that video when it first popped up; I don't know enough about bone breaks to make a verdict on this but some people were suggesting the video's fake judging by how thin the leg looks at the point of the break... would require some pretty serious special effects though.
Anyone have any idea who those fighters were?

Poop Loops
3/19/2006 12:28am,
I have pretty much heard the same thing.

Me too, and I'm willing to bet that we heard this on one of the other threads for this exact video.

Lights Out
3/19/2006 12:30am,
Yup.

Basically the conclusion was: uncorrect kicking+bone micro-traumas due to too much training=broken shin

that is, if I recall correctly.

Poop Loops
3/19/2006 12:33am,
uncorrect

Hahaha! You Spaniards crack me up.

sidran
3/19/2006 12:44am,
Ya I thought the video looked familiar.

broken fingers
3/19/2006 1:31am,
first time i ever seen it. that stuff is freakin scary. are there any records of it happening in a Muay Thai match?

Punisher
3/19/2006 1:43am,
One thing I think we need to be careful of when viewing clips like this is blaming the victim. Attributing the break to "bad form" or some other mistake on the guy's part can give a false sense of security and instill a "that can't happen to me" type of attitude.

Sometimes you do everything right and **** still fucks up. And no one, no matter how good they are, has perfect form all the time.

GIJoe6186
3/19/2006 3:31am,
Thats why I dont kick! I know a thai fighter would prob destroy me with a kick to my thigh but id rather focus on takedowns off the kick. Seriously what moron thought it would be great to take a bone that always hurts when you bump into a coffee table and say "hey lets slam it into other hard things!." Ill stick with punches elbows and takedowns thank you.

Poop Loops
3/19/2006 3:39am,
I don't why people cry whenever they get their shins touched. Seriously, my shins must be dead or something because the pain NEVER gets as bad as even a regular birthday punch in the shoulder.