PDA

View Full Version : Web Designers - I need 2 page templates by monday

Pages : [1] 2

Pandinha
3/17/2006 4:14pm,
If you can make clean, profesiional templates for our mainstream sites, hit me up. I need them by Monday, latest Tuesday. If you cannot do this, please don't bother contacting me.

Thanks!

ICQ 21239908

Knightmare
3/17/2006 4:18pm,
LOL!

Google noob. They have premade site templates for free(that suck) or that you can buy(that rule). They all available by typing "Web Site Shell" or "Web Site Template".

Knightmare
3/17/2006 4:24pm,
Also, just go to www.w3schools.org I think it is and read their HTML tutorial. It'll take an hour max and after reading it you can make your own template to your own needs and wants easily.

That's where I learned to web design and build websites.

Or you can do what I used to do. Find a website that closest resembles what you want. Steal their source code Right Click>View Source>Highlight Source>Right Click>Copy and tweak what you want.

Gringo Grande
3/17/2006 5:03pm,
Knightmare (and this isnt' an attack on you)...no one reading w3cschools.org is going to be able to make a professional site template in 5 days with no prior experience. w3schools is great to learn about CSS/XHTML/Programming but it doesn't teach graphic design and for an great website you need both...a programmer and a graphic designer.

Programmers = great working site but it looks like crap
Graphic Desginers = looks great but works like crap.

It's why you need a team and why most one person "web design company's" suck ass. I happen to employ 4 graphic designers and two programmers because of this.

So I'm not quite talking out of my ass =P

GG

plasma
3/17/2006 5:06pm,

Oh god that is so true.

Pandinha
3/17/2006 5:13pm,
LOL!

Google noob. They have premade site templates for free(that suck) or that you can buy(that rule). They all available by typing "Web Site Shell" or "Web Site Template".

I payout over $250,000.00 a week to my affiliates, I posted on 3 boards, webmaster boards, and decided to give a break to anyone here on Bullshido. I guess if you are a broke ****, you would use premade. Since I need specific designs, I pay for it. I just closed actually, 2 templates for $1500.00, worth all the money, as this guy is backed up usually. With my inhouse guy out, $1500.00 is a bargain.

How about you shut the **** up, since talking out of turn for you and looking an idiot is common place?

Pandinha
3/17/2006 5:15pm,
Knightmare (and this isnt' an attack on you)...no one reading w3cschools.org is going to be able to make a professional site template in 5 days with no prior experience. w3schools is great to learn about CSS/XHTML/Programming but it doesn't teach graphic design and for an great website you need both...a programmer and a graphic designer.

It's why you need a team and why most one person "web design company's" suck ass. I happen to employ 4 graphic designers and two programmers because of this.

GG

I am sorry bro, I forgot about your firm. We will do business in the future, as we always have surplus deisgns needed.

Thanks for contacting me. :)

JohnnyCache
3/17/2006 5:22pm,
Also, just go to www.w3schools.org I think it is and read their HTML tutorial. It'll take an hour max and after reading it you can make your own template to your own needs and wants easily.

That's where I learned to web design and build websites.

Or you can do what I used to do. Find a website that closest resembles what you want. Steal their source code Right Click>View Source>Highlight Source>Right Click>Copy and tweak what you want.

He's not looking to brighten up his myspace profile, KM, he's looking to kick ass and fold lettuce.

When he says "Monday" he means it has to look perfect, work perfect, and accept his content with no glitches at 7 am on monday morning, and 19 years and a web tute is not what he's after, unless the guy is a prodigy.

Dilletantism in the tech sector is starting to become a pet peeve of mine. . .also it is http://www.w3schools.com as .org is a link warehouse.

Knightmare
3/17/2006 5:23pm,
Rofl, yes Anthony. Since I have only been doing this for the past 8 years of my life and have 10+ references to my webdesign work for friends and friends of friends. The last of which was updating a website through CSS.

And yes GG, you can. It is how I learned most of what I know, besides high school and college.

And if you want to shell out money to a competent grahpic designer/markup genius go here www.pixelghetto.com

I wouldn't be wasting my time in places like these.

He will provide all you need and for about half of 1500.

Knightmare
3/17/2006 5:25pm,

GG

You should get new programmers then. Your own website doesn't even validate correctly.....

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twgmedia.com%2F

Pandinha
3/17/2006 5:41pm,
Rofl, yes Anthony. Since I have only been doing this for the past 8 years of my life and have 10+ references to my webdesign work for friends and friends of friends. The last of which was updating a website through CSS.

And yes GG, you can. It is how I learned most of what I know, besides high school and college.

And if you want to shell out money to a competent grahpic designer/markup genius go here www.pixelghetto.com

Let's ee, last 8 years of your life, that would start you off at 11 or 12...

Yeah, okay. Thanks.

The adage, "You get what you pay for", heard of it?

Pandinha
3/17/2006 5:51pm,

2 things stop me from hiring a firm like pixel ghetton.

1. It's recommended by Knightmare

2. I have no history of the company's work, time issues, quality, etc.

Posting on webmaster boards, where I know the designers, or can get info about their work while looking at their portfolios is the quickest way to get my need filled.

As a creature of habit, I network heavily, and it seems my networking in Vegas this past January helped me get one of the best designers for what I need.

While I think you tried to be helpful KM, you came off as a prick.

Chew on that, for what it's worth.

Knightmare
3/17/2006 6:04pm,
Chew on my nuts!

Haha, jk.

Sam Browning
3/17/2006 6:57pm,
I think you just bought yourself some trouble that won't go away.

Gringo Grande
3/18/2006 12:53am,
Knightmare, you are certainly a believer in the one step forward, two step backwards school

of thought in terms of trying to be intelligent. Let's see, what should we look at first?

I'm going to discount your idiotic claim of "doing this for 8 years". One thing is for

certain, you aren't a professional web designer...owning frontpage, downloading templates,

and having basic CSS/XHMTL knowledge does not a web designer make. How do I know this?

1) You totally ignored what the client (Anthony asked for)...and that's all I have to say

about your "professionalism" to end this portion of the argument.

Let's move onto your "skills". If you had read my initial post (which apparently you did

not) you made it seem like someone could go read a website on CSS/XHTML and in 5 days have

a complete and working website template.

1)Umm no...there is not a single person on this planet with no prior knowledge that could

put together a professional looking site from reading that site for 5 days. There is too

much to learn, even the basics, from the differences between IE and other browser

rendering, float issues, etc, etc.

2) Even if by some miracle equaled only by the virgin birth of Christ...someone with no

knowledge could develop the code side, the still would need graphic knowledge to create a

layout site that:
A) Matched the clients request
B) Used competent typography and useability with the design.

Finally let's look at "my" site. Our company site, I'm quite embarrassed to state, is over

2 years old without an update. We haven't even added our best work in at least 6 months?

Why? Too busy due to very good design and outstanding customer service...something a

little, spoiled, mama's boy such as yourself wouldn't understand. If you ever live long

enough to actually be a man and not just be considered one by law, you might figure out

what I mean.

So you want to talk ****? I want the website URLs, owner names, and contact information of

three of your "clients". I want to see what your "eight years" of professional experience

looks like. I know where the major template sites are so don't try and claim some template

as your "own design". I want to see your custom work.

Here's some of our recent work:

http://www.sunshinestateinsurance.com - Site was desinged to client

specifications...although I didn't like their idea of a frontpage with different company

icons they represent it is what they wanted. Go further into the site and start filling out

the forms and watch CSS and AJAX in action...in ways you couldn't even dream of.

Site ROI? Under 2 months.

How about http://www.jenmarinternational.com - This is one of the two largest providers of

dental lab software in the US. They wanted a site that reflected a dental lab...clean and

sterile. The site is designed to drive people to their info request forms and contains

CSS/AJAX as well as a news feature database that is completely text based/idiot proof for

the client to use and tracks about every aspect of you into a database as you browse

through the site.

How about a creative site? Here is the mockup of a site that was just approved by a client:

http://www.intellectwebsitehosting.com/cc/

I'll be shocked if you have PERSONALLY designed anything that looks like that.

I'm not even going to go into details about a site in development that the contract on was

worth more than your wrecked car and "new" car together.

I'll tell you what, since you haven't left the 1/2 dozen times you've promised to and

obviously aren't a man much less a man of your word...your life expectancy would be much

more promising if you stopped running your mouth about **** you know either nothing or a

minimal amount about.

Stop sucking on your parents teat, make a living on your own, then we'll talk.

GG

PS: Why does our old site not validate? Due to the livechat mod we had installed but currently disabled. If you knew anything about code and looked at the source, you'd see that.

JohnnyCache
3/18/2006 12:54pm,
but GG he used CSS.

He could crack the DOD in 62 seconds while getting a beej with a gun to his head