PDA

View Full Version : instrucotrs of six year old black belts

Pages : [1] 2

ATAMAN
5/06/2003 9:15pm,
DO YOU HEAR ME WELL THEN LISTEN UP

BITE ME. I MEAN ALL OF THE DISRESPECT IN MY HEART I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT VERY ATA OF ME BUT YO UGUYS ARE MAKING THE ATA TAEKWONDO AND THE MARTIAL ARTS A JOKE. BLACK BELTS ARE NOT CANDY THEY ARE NOT A TOY IN A HAPPY MEAL AND THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE NIO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. IT MUST BE EARNED. YOU ARE ALL SELL OUTS. IT IS OK TO HAVE LARGE SCHOLLS BUT DO NOT SACRIFICE QUALITY FOR QUANTITY. IF YOU CANT LARGE SCHOOLS DON TBE SO STINKING GREEDY AND LAZY TRAIN UP INSTRUCTORS YOU DAMN CAPITOLIST PIGS. TRAIN UP NEW ISNTRUCTORS AND PLANT NEW SCHOOLS THE SPORT WILL BENEFEIT MORE IF YOU DO THAT AND MAYBE INSTEAD OF GETTING ALL OF YOUR MONEY OVERNIGHT YOU MIGHT REALLY HAVE EARNED IT.

YOU ARE ALL FRAUDS. I OBSOLVE TEH ORGANIZATIONS FOR TIER INVOLVEMTN IF THE INSTRUCTORS ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT WHAT THEY DID THEN MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE MORE STUDNTS AND MAYBE THEY WOULD BE GOOD AT WHAT HTYE DO.

ANYONE FEEL THE SAME WAY I DO

Mr. Manfredsengenten
5/06/2003 10:25pm,
Quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really feel about this.

Just kidding. I agree 100%. I'm all for making money, but not money without integrity- especially if you claim to be a teacher.

Choke
5/07/2003 2:57am,
I think if your here at bullshido then you agree with your rant.

Cast in the name of God. Ye not guilty.

sensei
5/07/2003 5:47am,
Before you comment you should see the childs technique first. If the grading sylabus has been followed to the letter and the kid has shown full control and understanding then the belt should be given. Thats how I opperate.

As for the statement about money. It isnt fair to make a child wait till he/she is 16 to become a black belt surely this would be racking the money in. The crap about junior and senior black belts pisses me of what a load of bullshido. If they know there stuff thats all that matters.

m4949
5/07/2003 7:23am,
If, in fact the kid can do it, fine!
But I highly doubt that. My experince has shown me that most blackbelts under the age of 10 are there because of belt contracts and parental payoff.
I also see many kids who earn black belts before age 16 just quit, like it's the end. That to me is lack of dedication, and undeserving of the belt.
In the school I grew in, we did have Jr. Black belt and I am a strong supporter of it. If you under 16 you got jr. blackbelt, because you were too good for the kids, but not mature enough for the adults. At 16 you tested for 1st dan ( at no fee!). If you did not test, you lost you belt.
This keeps the kids going for jr black belt deticated and enforces the fact that Blackbelt isd not an end.

Your skills are EXTRAordinary; You have our Gratitude.

Chuck
5/07/2003 7:39am,
ATAMAN:

Try reading your posting to yourself, outloud. I use that technique when I want to be sure people understand what I am trying to say.

Count to ten first.

ATAMAN
5/07/2003 8:32am,
i dont feel that sixtten is adaquate in that ist is too much. i feel possibly ten or twelve for first dan. i lean more to twelve. there is a certain amount of maturity to be expected out of a black belt student.

ATAMAN
5/07/2003 8:33am,
hey i am just venting

ATAMAN
5/07/2003 8:33am,
my post is for all instructors around the owrld not just the ATA

Kempocos
5/07/2003 10:13am,
"The crap about junior and senior black belts pisses me of what a load of bullshido. If they know there stuff thats all that matters."

I can only speak to the schools where I have trained. The kids classes are differant than the adults. The adults learn a much harder style
of fighting, KALI/ARNIS STICK FIGHTING, VITAL POINT/ PRESSURE POINT THEORY so they know why it is a good target or why a self defense works so well. The kids are just not taught the true metal of the style since they are children. Even the adults do not start on this path until 3rd kyu (orange). A jr BB needs to learn the balance of the style which is far to severe for children. I do not believe it is cool to teach an 11 year child how to break a neck/arm/knee effectivly.
As always IMHO

Ever been punched in the mouth for talking too much : Xander ( vin diesal )in the movie TRIPLE X

Omega Supreme
5/07/2003 1:00pm,
Before you comment you should see the childs technique first. If the grading sylabus has been followed to the letter and the kid has shown full control and understanding then the belt should be given. Thats how I opperate.

As for the statement about money. It isnt fair to make a child wait till he/she is 16 to become a black belt surely this would be racking the money in. The crap about junior and senior black belts pisses me of what a load of bullshido. If they know there stuff thats all that matters.

Idle hands do the Devils work

STFU
how much could a six year old know when it takes adults anywhere between 3 to 6 years to get anywhere.

If you are being serious you are a fucking moron.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Jamoke
5/07/2003 1:03pm,
The majority of you fukks would flunk owning your own schools.

"If attacked fight, and fight to kill"

Omega Supreme
5/07/2003 1:11pm,
The majority of you fukks would flunk owning your own schools.

"If attacked fight, and fight to kill"

What's your fucking point Jamoke!!??

Go away I'm talking to myself

Bolverk
5/07/2003 1:15pm,

Idle hands do the Devils work

A voice of reason and sanity sir. I appreciate your words.

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
Willing is not enough, we must do.

Bolverk
5/07/2003 1:20pm,
If, in fact the kid can do it, fine!
But I highly doubt that. My experince has shown me that most blackbelts under the age of 10 are there because of belt contracts and parental payoff.
I also see many kids who earn black belts before age 16 just quit, like it's the end. That to me is lack of dedication, and undeserving of the belt.
In the school I grew in, we did have Jr. Black belt and I am a strong supporter of it. If you under 16 you got jr. blackbelt, because you were too good for the kids, but not mature enough for the adults. At 16 you tested for 1st dan ( at no fee!). If you did not test, you lost you belt.
This keeps the kids going for jr black belt deticated and enforces the fact that Blackbelt isd not an end.

Your skills are EXTRAordinary; You have our Gratitude.

Actually, I bet if you really looked at the number of people who quit the martial arts, even after getting their black belts, the number would be far greater then the number of us who will stay with our training.

I do not like the idea of Jr. Black Belts myself, if you have the skills and the proper attitude, you deserve the rank. A great deal of successful martial artists started at very young ages, earning their black belts before the age of sixteen. Many of them have cross trained in other arts, some holding several black belts in several arts. There is no reason to say a person is inferior just because of their age, and a junior black belt would imply this.

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
Willing is not enough, we must do.

Kempocos
5/07/2003 2:20pm,
Bolverk, sensei - in the schools where you train/teach is the adult program and the childrens program the same. All the techniques the adults are shown are the same ones the kids do? Then I can say the BB was earned. I can not see a child training the way I have in the adult classes I have taken. I have always found the kids and adult programs to be very differant.

Ever been punched in the mouth for talking too much : Xander ( vin diesal )in the movie TRIPLE X