PDA

View Full Version : Check out this trainwreck of a thread

Pages : [1] 2

Matt W.
2/20/2006 2:57pm,
http://www.itf-online.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2414&whichpage=1

BackFistMonkey
2/20/2006 3:06pm,
That thread made my head hurt .... thanks Matt ....

:(

DerAuslander
2/20/2006 3:27pm,
Sorry, I tried, but I couldn't get past the first page...

Cassius
2/20/2006 4:04pm,
http://www.itf-online.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2414&whichpage=1You might want to put some text above that link if you still can. Phrost has been threatening to tempban people that post the links by themselves or above the text. Check the stickies mate.

MistaKickz
2/20/2006 5:24pm,
Threads like those are very common today lol.

DerAuslander
2/20/2006 5:44pm,
Nothing less than what I'd expect from the Odokwan...

Mjelva
2/20/2006 5:51pm,
Sorry, but I just can't read that ****. It hurts too much.

Simon McNeil
2/21/2006 6:40am,
There are some real stupid comments on that thread but some of them are true classics:

About three years ago, I was walking home to my dorm from somewhere (don't remember) and someone hit me in the face from behind.

That was hillarious.

This one was also pretty good:

The most improtant thing you need is to be out on the street from early childhood in a not so nice neigborhood and have parents who settle everyting by smacking you upside your head.

But I think the best of all was:

Just my point! This is why MMA is different to MA. Like boxing, it is about training for a performance, the performance has rules and the training reflects those rules. Nothing wrong with this type of training, in fact it is great, but it is not a martial art.

To a martial artist, the black belt is a point for them to aspire to in a battle against themselves, not against other practitioners.

I'm a TCMAist. I lurve my Gong Fu. But I also go the opposite direction from this twerp. I deny that MMA is anything other than more appropriate application of traditional technique and training. Belts are entirely meaningless and irrelevant.

But this dick would probably think I was a :bully: .

Matt W.
2/21/2006 2:51pm,
For some reason I couldn't find the button to edit my post. But here's my commentary...

This is a reminder (hardly needed, I'm sure) for all those who think "street v sport" is dead. Let us never forget that there are still people out there who believe, "if someone rushed at me like they did in Tim's video with the intent of grappling I would definitely kick them in the jaw so hard the back of their neck would rain vertebrae across the ring. Cheers."

MistaKickz
2/21/2006 6:00pm,
Originally Posted by some tkd guy:
About three years ago, I was walking home to my dorm from somewhere (don't remember) and someone hit me in the face from behind.

Lmao! That's good stuff right there.

Simon McNeil
2/21/2006 6:36pm,
I love how he describes how a terrible group of teenage boys held him up for money because he thought they might or might not have weapons of some type. :eusa_doh: :gaygay:

Coyote
2/21/2006 7:27pm,
Opinion poll:
Did Satan create that thread, or did that thread create Satan?

Simon McNeil
2/22/2006 12:46am,
Here is the whole sad incident:

About three years ago, I was walking home to my dorm from somewhere (don't remember) and someone hit me in the face from behind. Next thing I know, I'm surrounded by 5-6 teenage kids telling me to give them my wallet. Now, there had been a number of incidents recently around campus (which was located next to the projects) concerning muggings where the perps were 4-7 teenage kids of the same description with knives and (possibly) guns. The kids standing around me didn't pull anything out, but I didn't want to take any chances. But at the same time, I didn't want to give up my wallet (which had my drivers liscense, credit card, a paycheck, and alot of misc things I wanted to hold onto). So I said, "How about I give you my money instead of my wallet." They agreed, so I took out the money in my wallet ($22) and gave it to them, and they took off.

I just hope his school isn't advertising self defense. He got mugged by unarmed teenagers!

TehDeadlyDimMak
2/22/2006 1:10am,
well if it was seven 18-year olds its completely understandable...

if it was four 13-year olds however...

Captain Spaulding
2/22/2006 1:24am,
While ITF-info may not be the best forum in the world, it still beats the hell out of karateforums . com.

This thread, however, shows why I stopped posting there:

http://www.itf-online.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2432&whichpage=1

JKDChick
2/22/2006 3:48am,
I love how the guy posts videos like they prove something, and the first one shows a TKd being schooled by a Muay Thai guy. If that had been a real fight the TKD-ist is DEAD.