PDA

View Full Version : Final Destination 3

Traditional Tom
2/18/2006 12:46am,
Don't go see this movie.
Normally I like to post with the various things me and the people I went to go see the movie with made fun of or personal thoughts. But for Final Destination 3, none of that is necessary.

If you've seen the previous two movies, you know the premise. People are going to die, one person avoids it and saves a bunch of people, those people are hunted down by Death (or one of his employee's) who go to extremes to make highly unlikely deaths occur.

That being said, the deaths are as follows (as to save you the $10-20 you might otherwise spend).

- 2 ditzy females are "locked" in tanning booths and end up immolated.
- An aspiring man whore has a car's propeller thing jammed into his grey matter. As the camera does a close up the propeller starts up again for some reason and takes out a significant piece of his skull and brain.
- Token black guy has his head crushed by a weight machine.
- Goth guy's girlfriend gets arm and head repeatedly shot by nail gun at close range.
- Goth guy gets squished by big towering pole thing and is converted into a torso
- It is implied that the three remaining members are killed at the end of the movie in a subway. Due to "artistic creativity" it was hard to make out what was happening with the seizure-inducing flashing lights but it looked like this -

a) Main character's sister gets flattened by a piece of metal or something.
b) Main character's friend-boy gets partially thrown out the window and is scraped off on the subway wall.
c) Main character survives with a horribly broken leg only to land on the track of an incoming train (and presumably flattened since rolling out of the way is out of the question).

Anyways, if you like horrible violence, by all means go see this movie. I was laughing throughout at the stupidity.

Surprisingly it's rated PG-14 (or is it just "14"?... well, who cares) me and my friend discussed the movie with an employee there. He probably didn't care about anything we had to say but we recommended they "upsize" the rating to 18A. Underworld was less gratuitously violent than this movie.
I'd say it was "on par" in terms of violence with "Hostel". That's the only movie I can think of that comes relatively close. That and the other movies in the *highly* acclaimed "Final Destination" series.

~Fin

Jaguar Wong
2/18/2006 1:10am,
Man I can't believe they made two more. After the first one I was hoping they would have seen the light. The franchise isn't even a real movie. It's just a bad teen horror template. You're supposed to purchase the film, and add your killer of choice, you can't release it without an actual killer (c'mon man, you need death personified, not some lame concept where you were late dying). The first movie was a bunch of stumble bums killing themselves. I was expecting Steve Martin and Chevy Chase to appear somewhere in the movie.

How can you watch a movie where the characters accidentally die...and then watch two more like it!? LAME!!

Also, how can you dress up like the killer on Halloween. Are you supposed to dress up as a hair dryer in a tub of water?

King Sleepless
2/18/2006 1:31am,
Man I can't believe they made two more. After the first one I was hoping they would have seen the light. The franchise isn't even a real movie. It's just a bad teen horror template. You're supposed to purchase the film, and add your killer of choice, you can't release it without an actual killer (c'mon man, you need death personified, not some lame concept where you were late dying). The first movie was a bunch of stumble bums killing themselves. I was expecting Steve Martin and Chevy Chase to appear somewhere in the movie.

How can you watch a movie where the characters accidentally die...and then watch two more like it!? LAME!!

Also, how can you dress up like the killer on Halloween. Are you supposed to dress up as a hair dryer in a tub of water?

I did... :(

Jaguar Wong
2/18/2006 1:42am,
I did... :(

Maybe I'm missing the message, because I don't know what you're admitting to.

Did you:

A) Watch all three movies?

B) Purchase the teen-horror template and release it without a personfication of death/evil?

C) Dress up as a "burning kitchen with banana peels strewn about and a bunch of knives dangling precariously off of the counters, ready to kill a clumsy teacher" for Halloween?

King Sleepless
2/18/2006 1:51am,
Maybe I'm missing the message, because I don't know what you're admitting to.

Did you:

A) Watch all three movies?

B) Purchase the teen-horror template and release it without a personfication of death/evil?

C) Dress up as a "burning kitchen with banana peels strewn about and a bunch of knives dangling precariously off of the counters, ready to kill a clumsy teacher" for Halloween?

C)

Only isntead of banana peels, it was slick oil, bananas are expensive when they're not in season.

Traditional Tom
2/18/2006 2:16am,
C)

Only isntead of banana peels, it was slick oil, bananas are expensive when they're not in season.

You tried to ride along on the JW humour pony. You failed.
Ass

Poop Loops
2/18/2006 2:25am,
What I don't undestand, is why you (Tom) went to see the third movie in the first place. I learned my lesson after the first one, but I can see how people would like to give it a second chance. 3? No way.

If it WAS Death personified (or possibly the band), then the movie would be much cooler. Kind of like that one movie with Michael J. Fox where he could see ghosts or some ****. But good. Instead it's "Oh no! There's water coming out of the toilet! And then he slipped and... choked to death on some wire in the BATHROOM? Who has wires in their bathroom?"

You'd think they could just contract the plague or something. No, they have to get hit by a bus. And die in order.

Traditional Tom
2/18/2006 9:37am,
I make the sacrifice so others don't have to.

Thaiboxerken
2/18/2006 11:31am,
Death is much cooler in the Terry Pratchette novels.