PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Ashida Kim and Stephen Hayes?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

omegahatamoto
2/17/2006 1:28pm,
I really don't know much about either. But both are claiming they have all kinds of ninja knowledge and I can't find anything anywhere to back up their statements. If anybody could help I'd appreciate it immensely..

Tenebrous
2/17/2006 1:30pm,
Sweet.

First.

Wrong forum, and use the search function.

Coyote
2/17/2006 1:33pm,
Don't harsh the n00b, Tenebrous.
Boy wants info, don't see why he shouldn't get it.

Tenebrous
2/17/2006 1:37pm,
Don't harsh the n00b, Tenebrous.
Boy wants info, don't see why he shouldn't get it.

Jeez, that was harsh?

And I told him how to get his info.

omegahatamoto
2/17/2006 1:54pm,
so what forum should i use then? Thanks for the backup lol. I'm a noob and i'll own up to it though.

BackFistMonkey
2/17/2006 2:01pm,
so what forum should i use then? Thanks for the backup lol. I'm a noob and i'll own up to it though.

damn it Coyote ...* pokes the noob with a stick * you broke this one ....

Mr omegahatamoto ,

... I suggest you do alot of searching and reading here on Bullshido before posting anymore questions like who is Ashida Kim .

You can start with every thread on this list here (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/search.php?searchid=706279)

omegahatamoto
2/17/2006 2:38pm,
Thanks.

plasma
2/17/2006 3:38pm,
Ashida Kim is a scrawny white dude that has no training, he write books on Ninja Mind Control and ****. He is a fraud.

Stephen Hayes was a student of Shoto Tanemura(he even point this out in his book) then became a student of of Massaki Hatsumi (34th Grandmaster of Togakure Ryu Ninpo). Both those men are still alive and teaching in Japan. You can look them up.

If your "research" didn't find anything to back up Stephen Hayes' claim, either you lie and didn't look, or you are a complete idiot. I vote both.

Virus
2/17/2006 5:40pm,
Your in the bujinkan and you've never heard of Steven Hayes?

TehDeadlyDimMak
2/17/2006 6:08pm,
They're both level 18 wizard defilers who will stop at nothing to steal your mana.

nezha
2/17/2006 7:13pm,
hahaha... CMAs dont use mana, we use chi!

BJJ wins again!

eh... nvm

omegahatamoto
2/17/2006 10:35pm,
Just started in the Bujinkan. I only really know about Shihan Prather. Soke Hatsumi. And Takamatsu-sensei. I asked here before looking because i knew you guys talked alot about Kim.

plasma
2/18/2006 12:15am,
Just started in the Bujinkan. I am a fucking idiot.

Fixed that for you.

thomaspaine
2/18/2006 2:01am,
Just started in the Bujinkan. I only really know about Shihan Prather. Soke Hatsumi. And Takamatsu-sensei. I asked here before looking because i knew you guys talked alot about Kim.
Prather? That guy is a nut job. Watch out for Initiation (http://initiation.warriorschool.com/). Unless you enjoy live action role playing, do yourself a favor and get out of the Bujinkan.

bad credit
2/18/2006 4:00am,
Steven Hayes has a bad rep in the Booj for being a shitty martial artist who never understood what he was taught and proclaimed himself an expert anyways. He is considered a good marketer, though. Even though the moves in his numerous books are done dangerously wrong, they spread the word and got many people (me included) to go train in Taijutsu.

Ashida Kim, or Chris Hunter, or Ha Ha Lung, or whatever he calls himself now, made up a bunch of material. He ripped off half the history of Count Dante, who was a lying con artist himself who claimed he was a "death match" master. Count Dante even sued him for it before he died. I heard he won in court, yet Kim still claims he's Dante's student.

plasma
2/18/2006 10:17am,
Steven Hayes has a bad rep in the Booj for being a shitty martial artist who never understood what he was taught and proclaimed himself an expert anyways. He is considered a good marketer, though. Even though the moves in his numerous books are done dangerously wrong, they spread the word and got many people (me included) to go train in Taijutsu.

WTF? Did Hayes like rape your mom or something. First off, Stephen Hayes is a excellent Taijutsu-ka with a good amount of skill.

Second, It is true some of this information was wrong in his early books, but that was due to that at that point he had only 2 weeks of training and a poor grasp of the Japanese language. Remeber though that book was more, "Hey look what I did, rather then this is how you do it". The "how you do it " books came about after he was licensed.

Since Then Hayes as gone back to Japanese was received full licensing of many of the Bujinkan Ryu-Ha. Unlike the majority of the Bujinkan Shihan, Hayes isn't ranked, he is licensed (big difference), and he has full permission from Hatsumi to do what he is doing.

Hayes gest a bad rep in the Bujinkan becuase he doesn't worship Hatsumi. He respects him as a Teacher. There majority of the Bujinkan has a cult attitude concerning Hatsumi. Hayes doesn't. Hayes is one of the few Bujinkan I have deep respect for. Many of those 15th dans can eat my ass.