PDA

View Full Version : A Reminder to TMAers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Roidie McDouchebag
2/17/2006 5:16am,
Of what happens when you put theories up against reality, because I think people have forgotten this, most basic example, of the most basic idea this site was created to spread...

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but those it does apply to know who they are...

http://www.ettishfetalfighting.8m.com/

Adrian5
2/17/2006 5:21am,
I recall this UFC match with the host saying Ettish said he had total faith in his style. Hilarious.

The other guy was Karate to who won partly because he was wise enough to adopt boxing methods.

Greese
2/17/2006 5:39am,
The best was the guy who created his own style who was in the army who was KTFO at 8 seconds.

Shawarma
2/17/2006 7:28am,
I say, can anyone remember that Polish Streetfighting joke website? It linked to the Fetal Fighting and Mark "Get Hammered" Coleman spoof sites and was pretty funny. Had a sound file saying "Fight cluuuuuuub" when opening the webpage. I'm trying to find the link.

Coyote
2/17/2006 8:07am,
I agree that those with nothing but theories will quickly meet their end in a match, but would like to point out that all styles were theory at one point or another in history.
It all started when some ape touched a giant black monolith and then realized that if he moved his leg a certain way, he could bury his foot in his opponants groin.

Adrian5
2/17/2006 8:19am,
uhh...yerhh..

:icon_neut

Shawarma
2/17/2006 8:26am,
Yay! I found the Polish Streetfighting website. http://www.oopi.us/fightclub.html

NEXT: WILL YELLOW COWARD JACKASS JOHNNY KNOXVILLE ACCEPT THE DEATH CHALLENGE ?????.

Dagon Akujin
2/17/2006 2:04pm,
ICY, why is it that you seem to agree with this:

I find it funny that when a generic grappling move fails, BJJ suddenly loses. This is about as silly as saying, "I tried to punch the mugger...but he had a metal plate in his head, so both my hands exploded. Boxing loses!"

... yet bash all TMA's when some flabby white krotty guy cries like a ***** when another krotty guy punches him (who had like, 30 pounds on him or something too)? Come on, isn't that like, Pagan TKD logic or something? :eng101:

Besides, this was posted on this site long, long ago: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/printthread.php?t=26775

First, contrary to popular belief Ettish was not a point fighter. He had no interest in point tournaments and believed the UFC would be a better test for his art.

Secondly, Ettish only had two weeks to get ready for the event. He had applied for UFC II months ahead of time, but was told the card was full. Two weeks before the event Ken Shamrock broke his hand and the alternate Johnny Rhodes (the guy that beat Ettish) got added to the card. Ettish was then added as the replacement alternate.

Third, Ettish had less than ten minutes notice before he had to go out and fight. Being the alternate Ettish was not expected to have to compete, unless someone else dropped out. At the start of the show everyone was healthy and ready to go, so Ettish was asked to run errands backstage. He never even got to see any of the other fights that night. After winning his first fight, Frank Hamaker decided that the UFC wasn't for him and quit. His scheduled opponent, Johnny Rhodes, was about to quit too until he found out that his opponent had been to switched to Ettish, a much smaller man who barely had time to but on his gi before stepping into the Octagon.

Finally, the "Fetal Fighting Technique" was not indicative of Ettish's art, it was indicative of a helpless man. When he was on the ground Ettish was effectively blind, due to the punches Rhodes had already landed. With McCarthy not being authorized to stop fights, and too much pride to quit, Ettish simply took the beating.

Anyway, have a nice day and stop spening your refractory period here. :pottytrai

Dagon Akujin

Teh El Macho
2/17/2006 2:36pm,
Of what happens when you put theories up against reality, because I think people have forgotten this, most basic example, of the most basic idea this site was created to spread...

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but those it does apply to know who they are...

http://www.ettishfetalfighting.8m.com/Errr, dude. The first animated gif in that page links to another page... which happens to have a virus.
The scanner in our firewalls just threw up wizzles and belts when that page came up :tongue2:

plasma
2/17/2006 3:40pm,
Errr, dude. The first animated gif in that page links to another page... which happens to have a virus.
The scanner in our firewalls just threw up wizzles and belts when that page came up :tongue2:

Thats why I have a Mac.

Odacon
2/17/2006 4:17pm,
Ettish in action!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6333704509622852997&q=Fred+Ettish

Regardless of his circumstances the guy was a blackbelt, that is supposed to mean you have a certain degree of ability not to adopt point sparring stances and adopt the fetal position when our getting your ass handed to you. The guy is a disgrace to Karate.

TehDeadlyDimMak
2/17/2006 4:18pm,
It's a sad world indeed where people don't only trick their students into thinking their MA rocks, but they trick themselves...

those poor old grandmasters...

Camus
2/17/2006 7:54pm,
Thats why I have a Mac.

Us cool kids have linux

Yeah, if I had been on my windows partition, that link would have pissed me the **** off.

MEGALEF
2/17/2006 8:38pm,
I think it should be a reminder for ALL who practice martial arts. Even if your BJJ grappling rocks in class, that's no guarantee that you'll be able to pull off any of it in an all-out situation like that one.

Phrost
2/17/2006 8:43pm,
Holy crap, that site is still around?

plasma
2/18/2006 12:36am,
Us cool kids have linux

Yeah, if I had been on my windows partition, that link would have pissed me the **** off.

I have Linux on my server. I prefer Mac for my Laptop. BTW Mac OS X = BSD.