PDA

View Full Version : Re: Self Defense Against Rape Becomes Death Sentence for Victim

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

EternalRage
2/13/2006 2:02pm,
Tehran, Iran, Jan. 07 – An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5184

I don't know which makes me more mad, the fact that women will be penalized for defending themselves against a raping or that those two spineless boyfriends left their women to go off and smoke each others poles.

AikiZenDragon
2/13/2006 2:16pm,
fucking stupid... what is the world coming to... oh yeah armageddon...

Sam Browning
2/13/2006 2:33pm,
And if the women had not resisted and come home and told their family that they had been raped they would have been at a minimum kicked out of their own families and perhaps worse for dishonoring them.

wyrdR
2/13/2006 3:25pm,
That's so disgusting - I can't believe it.
Is this true? Is it really true?
Tell me it's not - that's it's some sort of propaganda against Iran... I cannot believe that any society would let that happen.
Bloody hell.

Anna Kovacs
2/13/2006 3:34pm,
That's so disgusting - I can't believe it.
Is this true? Is it really true?
Tell me it's not - that's it's some sort of propaganda against Iran... I cannot believe that any society would let that happen.
Bloody hell.

A civilized one wouldnt.

CannibalCrowley
2/13/2006 3:37pm,
Meh, that's what happens when the basis of your laws is little more than books filled with fairy tales.

Just remember that people in your own country would like to adopt similar legislation.

Zendetta
2/13/2006 4:11pm,
A civilized one wouldnt.

True Dat.

Politically incorrect to talk about backwards or barbaric cultures, but a culture that would codemn a woman to death for being raped, let alone defending herself, is exactly that.

Roidie McDouchebag
2/13/2006 4:28pm,
I love it how the convict's word is taken as fact by the western media...as if there is one side to the story...and that's it, those horrible barbaric Muslims. We should start killing Iranian civilians tommorow.

All good soldiers, wanna fight?
Bomb Iran now, we can nuke'em overnight!
All good soldiers, wanna fight?
Nuke Iran now for the sake of human rights!

Zendetta
2/13/2006 4:30pm,
We should start killing Iranian civilians tommorow.

Thats your answer for everything.

Roidie McDouchebag
2/13/2006 4:37pm,
Sarcasm, SARCASM!?

Moleculo
2/13/2006 4:39pm,
If you don't kill them, how are they gonna learn???

Zendetta
2/13/2006 4:43pm,
Sarcasm, SARCASM!?

I've heard of that. I've even been known to use the "S" word myself in a post or two, from time to time.

Roidie McDouchebag
2/13/2006 4:45pm,
Actually, a better Forgotten Rebels theme song for this thread is "I Left My Heart In Iran".

Moleculo
2/13/2006 4:48pm,
I was just a boy when the infidels
came to my village

in their CNN helicopters.

The infidels took pictures of my girlfriend without her burka
and they lit up like the eyes of Allah.

Burning lust rained down from ther eyes
and udressed everything it touched.

I could only hide myself and cry
as my girlfriend was consumed

by the fiery, white liquid death.

In the midst of the chaos,

I could swear that I heard my girl
screaming for help.

As quickly as they had come,
the infidels were gone.

It was on that day
I put a jihad on them.

And if you don't believe it,
then you better kill me now,

because I'll put a jihad on you too.

bwerb
2/13/2006 5:07pm,
LOL...I totally forgot about the Forgotten Rebels...too funny.

bwerb
2/13/2006 5:09pm,
I'd post the lyrics to "I left my heart in Iran" but I don't really want to incite a global jihad against my ip so I'll just direct those interested to the wonders of "Google".