PDA

View Full Version : UFC contest or hah I'm better than you!!!

Omega Supreme
4/23/2003 5:17pm,
Okay guys they started this on the Sherdog forum so I thought I'd come over here an share. This is for those who follow MMA the rest of you would be guessing. The next UFC's card is kinda so so but here it is:
Matt Hughes (Champion) Versus Sean Sherk
5'9" 5'6"
169 169
MMA Record
23-3-0 21-0-1

Robbie Lawler Versus Pete Spratt
5'11" 5'9"
170 170
7-0-0 11-5-0

Evan Tanner Versus Rich Franklin
6' 5'11"
205 205
6-1-0 6-0-0

Mark Weir Versus David Loiseau
6'2" 6'
178 184
18-1-0 8-2-0

Genki Sudo Versus Duane Ludwig
5'9" 6'
155 184
4-1-1 12-2-0

Mark Weir Versus David Loiseau
6'2" 6'
178 184
18-1-0 8-2-0

Wesley Correira Versus Sean Alvarez
6'2" 6'
265 230
15-5-0 4-2-0

Richard Crunkilton Versus Hermes Alvarez
5'7" 5'6"
155 155
13-0-0 6-0-0

Romie Aram Versus Dave Strasser
5'9" 5'10"
170 170
6-0-0 22-3-4

So that's the line up here's the contest. Pick who you think is going to win in this fashion
John Doe over Joe Shmoe 3rd rnd KO.

KO=knock out
TKO=technical knock out
Sub=submission
Dec=decision
rnd=round

If you pick the winner you get 5 points
If you pick which round he wins in 3 point
If you pick how they win 2 points.
10 points if you get the actual technique that they one by.
ie
KO=knock out by over hand right.
TKO=technical knock out by ref stoppage, corner stoppage, injury
Sub=submission by arm bar
Dec=decision...unanimous, split.
Draw, because the judges are stupid.

The Maximum points possible is 180. Winner gets a signed autograph by Chuck Lidell. I will but my guess up later. And yes I'm probably going to win because you are all losers.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Blad3
4/23/2003 5:19pm,
hmm i'll do it later, i've already given my prediction @ ufc.tv

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket. (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket2.html)

Omega Supreme
4/23/2003 7:24pm,
I can't believe i"m not getting any predictions on this. Especially from Wastrel. You big loser.

The Wastrel
4/23/2003 8:06pm,
I'm just seeing the thread right now!!!! I'll give it a try! Some of these would definitely be guesses. Do I just post here?

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com

Blad3
4/24/2003 10:56am,
FROM WASTREL!?!?!?!

Hey, as Dotcher would tell you, I'M THE FAN HERE, NOT WASTREL! GET IT!?!? :O

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket. (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket2.html)

Omega Supreme
4/24/2003 12:48pm,
Yes put your guesses here...Here's mine:
1 Hughes over Sherk TKO rd3
2 Lawler over Spratt KO rd2
3 Franklin over Tanner decision rd 3
4 Mark Weir over David Loiseau decision rd3
5 Genki Sudo over Duan Ludwig decision rd3
6 Wesley Correira over Sean Alvarez KO rd1
7 Crunkilton over Franca TKO Rd1
8 Romie Aram over Dave Strasser Dec rd3

PizDoff
4/24/2003 12:53pm,
oh so many possibilites.....

just say arm bar for all the end techniques

:)
j/k

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

http://www.thaing.net/technique.htm
Thanks to Blade Windu for link. Click on link and wait for codec install prompt. Then install and watch. Nasty fights.

The Wastrel
4/24/2003 6:55pm,
Hughes over Sherk TKO RD 3
Lawler over Spratt KO RD 2
Tanner over Franklin SUB RD 2
Weir over Loiseau KO RD 3
Ludwig over Sudo KO RD 2
Correira over Alvarez TKO RD 2
Franca over Crunkilton SUB RD 2
Strasser over Aram SUB/STRIKES RD 2

Omega Supreme
4/25/2003 2:27pm,
Sherdog's experts pick (hah you call them experts?)

Please credit sherdog.com if quoting:

Picking and Grinning:
The Sherdog Fight Picks for UFC 42
April 24, 2002

The countdown is on for UFC 42, and here's what some self-proclaimed "experts" think about the matches on Friday.

Since the human panel of expertise is shady as always, we've added a new expert this go-round. From the bowels of the fightfinder comes the ULTIMATE POWER RATINGS, a mathmatically computed formula developed by Jay Cordes that calculates things like:

"What time is dinner?"
"Why did the UFC get Baroni for commentary?"
"Who will win between two fighters, based on the quality and frequency of previous opponents?"
Stay tuned for more statistical wizardry in the near future.

If you want to skip the picks, and go straight to to the riducule, click here.

Matt Hughes defeats Sean Sherk 10-1
Brett Herman: Like Sherdog going down a flight of stairs, Hughes is unstoppable now. Hughes by TKO Round 2.
Tom Hogan: Matt's only advantage over Sherk may well be the game plan he brings in. If he follows it as he did versus Newton he should pull out a hard-fought decision or a cut stoppage to retain the belt.
Garrett Poe: Great matchup, whenever it's wrestler vs wrestler someone is gonna go down hard. Hughes by TKO Round 4.
Rob King: C'mon Sherk baby, win me some cold hard cash. Sherk via RD 3 Submission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robbie Lawler defeats Pete Spratt 7-4
Mike Fridley: Shock and Awe part two? Quite Possibly. I expect Spratt to use his kickboxing skills to control the opening round and maybe even score a knockdown, but Lawler's power will end this fight with a right hand sometime in the 3rd. Lawler by KO round 3.
Brian Piepenbrink: Lawler will start with a GnP attack but unfortunately he will give in to his brawling instincts which will make him the perfect target for the Secret weapon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genki Sudo defeats Duane Ludwig 6-5
Greg Savage: Ludwig is coming off a huge upset win over Jens Pulver and he will need the same kind of performance if he wishes to pull off another one against the unorthodox Sudo. Genki will be a little bit harder to hit then Jens was but if he tries to stand with "Bang" he may suffer the same fate as the former UFC champ, Pulver. I think he will avoid that mistake and submit Ludwig early.
Mike Sloan: I wrote that article a few months back on how I
feel Ludwig is the #1 lightweight after beating Pulver. That makes him indestructable. Ludwig by TKO 3.

Evan Tanner defeats Rich Franklin 6-5
Freddie DeFreitas: I see Tanner getting the early takedown and controlling this fight most of the way, but carelessness will give Franklin the hard earned win. Franklin by Submission, round 3.
Tom Hogan: Tanner/Franklin is anyone's game and a great all-around matchup. Whimsical prediction: Tanner via early submission.

Wesley "Cabbage" Correira defeats Sean Alvarez 8-3
Mike Sloan: Cabbage turns Alvarez' face into
beets. Cabbage by UGLY, BRUTAL KO in the first.
Brett Herman: Cabbage by KO, round 1. Cabbage then goes on the forums and talks more mad trash...all spelled wrong.
Rob King: Why, oh why, is Alavarez in the UFC? Correira via round 1 bludgeoning.
Tom Hogan: Alvarez will bring his submission salad tongs and turn Cabbage into coleslaw. Alvarez by late round tap out.

David Loiseau defeats Mark Weir 7-4
Freddie DeFreitas: Fight of the night potential here, there's little doubt about that. This one is going to go back and forth with David's lack of power being the only thing keeping Weir in it by round 3. Loiseau by Dec.
Greg Savage: Mark Weir and David Loiseau could be a candidate for fight of the night. This one could go either way in my opinion but I think I will go with the underdog Weir by decision.

Hermes Franca defeats Rich Crunkilton 8-3
Brian Piepenbrink: Frank's subs just can't be denied. Franca by armbar, round 1.
Jeff Sherwood: Both studs! Cleat came very close to losing his last fight. Good learning fight. Cleat by G&P.

Romie Aram defeats Dave Strasser 9-2
Rob King: Another two guys who should have been in the UFC a long time ago. Aram in round 3 with a Submission.
Mike Fridley: Aram is a future star in this sport , but this will not be his night . Strasser will use his lengthy experience and Control this fight on his feet or on the ground. Strasser by decision after 3 rounds.

Omega Supreme
4/26/2003 12:55am,
Yes put your guesses here...Here's mine:
1 Hughes over Sherk TKO rd3
2 Lawler over Spratt KO rd2
3 Franklin over Tanner decision rd 3
4 Mark Weir over David Loiseau decision rd3
5 Genki Sudo over Duan Ludwig decision rd3
6 Wesley Correira over Sean Alvarez KO rd1
7 Crunkilton over Franca TKO Rd1
8 Romie Aram over Dave Strasser Dec rd3

For those of you who were following or want to know
Hughes beat Sherk decision
Spratt beat Lawler TKO 2nd rd (injury)
Franklin Beat Tanner ko 1st rd
Loiseau beat Weir KO 1st rd
Ludwig beat Sudo decision 3rd rd
Correira beat Alvarez KO 2nd rd
Franca beat Crunkilton dec
Strasser beat Aram by decision.

Well I managed to call 3 correct thank God I wasn't betting tonight.

Omega Supreme
4/26/2003 12:56am,
Hey Wastrel where do you want me to send your autograph of Chuck Lidell. PM me.

The Wastrel
4/26/2003 1:26am,
I came *THIS* close to picking a victory by decision in the Hughes fight. And Spratt over Lawler. Oh well.

Edited by - The Wastrel on April 26 2003 01:30:04

The Wastrel
4/26/2003 1:30am,
BTW: Hah! I'm better than you!