PDA

View Full Version : How do you become a bouncer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lotion
1/07/2006 6:59pm,
I was thinking what kind of job I could fit into my schedule. I am planning on going back to school for a few certificates. I thought a good job for me would be a bouncer. This way I could work on the weekends at night and meet people at school while getting some decent $. I started a search and could not find anything that said 'bouncers wanted' or anything like that.
I know there are a few that have been doing it for years on this site. How did you get started, get a job in this field? DId you/do you like what you do? Do you really get to use your MA in your job? Any certifications you have to get for this job?

thanks
Lotion :tongue4: :female:

beka
1/07/2006 7:19pm,
My boyfriend wrote down his stats and handed it to the manager at the bar. 6'5'', 320 pounds.

He did not really like the job. It distracted him from school because he let the partying lifestyle get in the way of his priorities. He regrets it.

He has no MA training, all he ever had to do was push and/or throw people because just tossing them onto the concrete outside was usually enough to get them to go home.

He had a few death threats though, and during one huge fight, his bouncer friend was sliced in the face with a pint glass. It very narrowly missed his eye.

Method2Madness
1/07/2006 7:28pm,
I was thinking what kind of job I could fit into my schedule. I am planning on going back to school for a few certificates. I thought a good job for me would be a bouncer. This way I could work on the weekends at night and meet people at school while getting some decent $. I started a search and could not find anything that said 'bouncers wanted' or anything like that.
I know there are a few that have been doing it for years on this site. How did you get started, get a job in this field? DId you/do you like what you do? Do you really get to use your MA in your job? Any certifications you have to get for this job?

thanks

i think scrapper is a bouncer. maybe you should pm him about it.

Omega Supreme
1/07/2006 7:50pm,

thanks

Most bars don't hire ***** shitheads like yourself but I'm pretty sure your boyfriend could get you a job at the local drag queen bar.32

No you don't have a bouncer wanted sign. My jobs were very specific and basically I was just known around town. Yes you get to use your martial arts but by the tone of your post you'd probaly end up getting your ass kicked or sued, one way or the other yo're fucked. As for certifications, yes and know most of them are bogus and the few certifications you need is the abc test for identifying false ID's, so you're going to have to graduate kindergarden before applying.

jubei33
1/07/2006 9:40pm,
watch roadhouse and make numerous reference to being a "cooler". Trust me, it worked for a guy I know...Really famous now

Kayne
1/07/2006 9:58pm,
What's your height and weight and what types of martial arts have you done?

Jitsuman
1/07/2006 10:06pm,
watch roadhouse and make numerous reference to being a "cooler". Trust me, it worked for a guy I know...Really famous now

I used to **** guys like you in prison

Lotion
1/07/2006 10:29pm,
Most bars don't hire ***** shitheads like yourself but I'm pretty sure your boyfriend could get you a job at the local drag queen bar.32

No you don't have a bouncer wanted sign. My jobs were very specific and basically I was just known around town. Yes you get to use your martial arts but by the tone of your post you'd probaly end up getting your ass kicked or sued, one way or the other yo're fucked. As for certifications, yes and know most of them are bogus and the few certifications you need is the abc test for identifying false ID's, so you're going to have to graduate kindergarden before applying.

:hmh: ....I gotta admit, that was pretty fukin funny.

Honestly I don't think I have the heart to hit a guy unless he was a true danger.
I am a mere 5'8" guy that weighs in at about 190. I practice the typical trend (MMA stuff) but I also have taken a lot of street app stuff as well.
I do have a few contacts or rather bars that I frequent to drink away the pain of loserdom. Perhaps they will extend their hand in friendship.
I think I remind most people of a serial killer, so although I won't 'scare' them, they will be like "DOn't **** with that guy, there is something a bit off about him"

Wataru Akiyama
1/07/2006 11:55pm,
I think I remind most people of a serial killer, so although I won't 'scare' them, they will be like "DOn't **** with that guy, there is something a bit off about him"

I speak for all of us when I say

Man, WHAT?

Poop Loops
1/08/2006 12:08am,
:hmh: ....I gotta admit, that was pretty fukin funny.

Honestly I don't think I have the heart to hit a guy unless he was a true danger.
I am a mere 5'8" guy that weighs in at about 190. I practice the typical trend (MMA stuff) but I also have taken a lot of street app stuff as well.
I do have a few contacts or rather bars that I frequent to drink away the pain of loserdom. Perhaps they will extend their hand in friendship.

...apply to McDonald's... trust me, it will be a LOT better for you.

You're SUPPOSED TO intimidate new people with sheer size and roided muscles. Serial killer look? Like Ted Bundy or Gary Ridgeway? Fricking pansies who kill hookers? I doubt anybody would give a **** and they'd just kick your ass out of spite.

Sam Browning
1/08/2006 12:18am,
Lotion, if you are not a huge guy, to bounce you would have to make up the difference with what are broadly called "people skills." Since based on your posts, you lack such attributes I think you would make a lousy bouncer.

VikingPower
1/08/2006 12:20am,
To be a bouncer, you just need to be a big fucking bastard. My buddy is 6'2 and 275, pro wrestles, and is a Bujinkan shodan. He got hired because he was big first and foremost, they didn't even ask about the other stuff until he was already accepted. I helped them a few times when they were short-handed and I gotta say when you're a smaller guy (I'm 5'9 and back up to around 185), they're more likely to give you **** than if you're 6'5 and 320. You could be the next Bas Rutten, but if you're 5'6 and 160 they're gonna hire the untrained guy who's twice your size just for sheer intimidation value.

Poop Loops
1/08/2006 12:22am,
Yeah. They DON'T WANT anybody to fight, they want you to look scary enough that people don't start **** in the first place.

Emevas
1/08/2006 12:30am,
Hey Koto, we have the same stats.

VikingPower
1/08/2006 12:39am,
Hey Koto, we have the same stats.

Cool :ninjadanc I'm eight inches tall lying on my back though.

Emevas
1/08/2006 12:48am,
Damn, you must have one huge belly =P