PDA

View Full Version : The father of the Iron Palm in America, BUSTED..

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kungfoolss
4/15/2003 10:14pm,
Martial arts instructor accused of sex offenses

By:Dewey Fox 04/15/2003

According to Smith, Gray first came under scrutiny on March 30 when one of his former martial arts pupils came forward and told authorities that Gray had sexually assaulted him on several occasions. The victim, whose name was not released, is a 32-year-old white male. The alleged sex offenses began in 1984 when he was 13, police said.

At the time of the offenses, Gray owned the Shao Lin San Kung Fu School at 111 W. Main Street, Elkton. The victim told state police investigators Gray had kept him at the studio after the martial arts lessons had ended and molested him. The studio has been closed for a number of years. Police also allege Gray brought the boy to his Mountain Hill Road residence near Perryville where he allegedly performed sex acts with him and took pictures and videos.

The victim informed investigators that these incidents began in 1984 and continued on a weekly basis for the next four years. The alleged offenses ended when the boy was 17, police said. Delaware police arrested Gray on Tuesday, April 8, and held him until Friday when he was extradited to Cecil County. A district court commissioner set his bond at $65,000, a figure Gray has been unable to meet. Smith said the victim has named other students of Gray's studio who had also been sexually abused. As it stands, no charges have been filed against Gray in any of those cases. However, the investigation remains open, Smith said.

Smith asked anyone who has information pertinent to this case or was a student at the martial arts studio at the time of the alleged offenses to call her at 410-398-8101.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=7718406&BRD=1973&PAG=461&dept_id=2 14849&rfi=6

Edited by - Kungfoolss on April 16 2003 23:08:02

Kungfoolss
4/16/2003 10:15pm,
News Update:

Kung fu expert held in sex abuse

Del. teacher faces charges in Md.

By TERRI SANGINITI
Staff reporter

04/16/2003

A longtime Delaware martial arts instructor has been charged with sex offenses by Maryland State Police in connection with the molestation of a 13-year-old karate student nearly 20 years ago. Delaware State Police arrested Brian W. Gray, 51, on fugitive charges April 8 at his Newport Kung Fu studio, 409 Meco Drive.

Gray was extradited Friday to Maryland, where authorities charged him with two counts each of second- and third-degree sex offense, and one count each of child abuse, perverted sex practice and sodomy. He is being held in the Cecil County jail after failing to post $65,000 bail, Maryland State Police Trooper Susan Smith said. Gray, who has been teaching martial arts for 32 years, has operated several Kung Fu schools in the area over the years, including in Elkton, Bear, Peddlers Village and Newport.

Smith said the victim, now is in his early 30s, came forward March 30 with the accusations against Gray dating to 1984. She did not say why the victim waited so long to report the alleged incidents. The victim, who was a student at the now-closed Shao Lin San Kung Fu School on West Main Street in Elkton, told police Gray allegedly molested him over a four-year period at Gray's Perryville, Md., home.

Gray, who bills himself as the "the father of the Iron Palm in America," was credited in the January issue of Inside Kung-Fu magazine with helping to popularize the iron palm technique, a Chinese kung fu skill involving physical hand strikes coupled with the use of the mind. The magazine called Gray one of the 30 most influential Chinese stylists of the past 30 years. Smith said the investigation is continuing.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Smith at (410)398-8101.

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2003/04/16kungfuexperthel.html

Kungfoolss
4/16/2003 10:17pm,
Gray, who bills himself as the "the father of the Iron Palm in America," was credited in the January issue of Inside Kung-Fu magazine with helping to popularize the iron palm technique,...The magazine called Gray one of the 30 most influential Chinese stylists of the past 30 years.

Why am I not suprised? (Shaking head)

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 3:40am,
The Shao lin san kung fu school in its heyday...

Shao Lin San Kung Fu School, based in Newport, DE, combines martial arts with exotic choreography, music, and beautiful costumes. In 1971 Grandmaster Brian Gray, a leading force in the promotion of genuine Shaolin martial arts and philosophy, founded the school. Shao Lin San is based on the belief that by searching through the records from the famous Shaolin Temple in Henan, China, one can locate the best methods and techniques for practicing the ancient Chinese art of Chíuan Fa (Kung Fu in Western terms). With this theme Gray, known worldwide as the Father of the Iron Palm in America, strives to provide the best for those who seek the knowledge of Kung Fu within the walls of Shao Lin San. Students who train at Shao Lin San find that this school is not like any other in the United States. Gray patterns the training for his classes after no other model but the Shaolin Temple.

The School's performances range from martial arts demonstrations, street parades and Chinese Lion Dances to elaborate costumed stage shows seen locally at The Grand Opera House, the Playhouse, and First Wilmington, as well as at First Night Annapolis, MD, and York, PA.

Gray began his training in 1961 at age 10 by learning techniques from friends who were practitioners in the various martial arts. From 1981-85, he was a top-rated National Champion in the United States tournament circuit and was rated and listed in Karate Illustrated magazine as Top Five for the Mid-Atlantic Region every month during that time period. Eventually ranking Number One , Gray was featured on ABC-TVís Evening Magazine four times. Since 1985, he has been a featured writer for Inside Kung Fu magazine and has authored several books including the best seller The Complete Iron Palm. He is the Chairman of the Iron Palm International Organization and is in demand for appearances around the world.

http://www.longwoodgardens.org/PerformingArts/2002MartialArtsDemonstrations.htm

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 3:46am,
Call me crazy, but this probably isn't a good idea to send your kids to if the allegations prove true... This guy is all over the internet news.

Seminars and Private Lessons

Grandmaster Brian Gray entertains serious requests for private lessons and seminars. For private lessons, a letter must be forwarded to Grandmaster Gray at the following address:

Shao Lin San Kung Fu School
409 Meco Drive
Newport, Delaware 19804
Please include your phone number.

or e-mail us at: [email protected]

If you are accepted for a private lesson with Grandmaster Gray, one of Grandmaster Gray's assistants will call you to schedule. Grandmaster Gray's hourly fee is $275 per hour. During your private lesson, you may learn Iron Palm,or Kung Fu forms and weapons, or T'ai Chi Ch'uan. The session is determined by you.

Seminars are arranged by addressing your letter to Master Gray at the same address. Fee schedule for seminars is $1500 for a one-day seminar, $2500 for a two-day seminar. Iron Palm seminars with Master Gray can include membership opportunities and certification testing for various levels within the Iron Palm International organization. Membership in the Iron Palm International Organization is open only to those who have either attended the Annual World Iron Palm Conference, or have attended one of Master Gray's Iron Palm Seminars. This rule is followed in order to guarantee the quality of the certification registry listing. Whenever inquiries are made concerning verification of those who received certification with the Iron Palm International Organization, because Master Gray has personally seen their abilities, we can speak with confidence concerning their Iron Palm credentials. The Iron Palm International Organization is the fastest growing and most prestigious organization of its kind in the world.

http://www.briangray.com/seminars-lessons.htm

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 3:48am,
The Iron Palm International Organization is the fastest growing and most prestigious organization of its kind in the world.

Not anymore...

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 3:51am,
Master Brian Gray is considered by many to be the leading authority on the secrets of the Chinese Iron Palm Skills. He has been called "The Father of the Iron Palm in America," because he was the person solely responsible for lifting the veil of secrecy on these ancient skills and teaching them directly to the martial arts public. So shrouded in mystery and secrecy before Master Gray opened the doors to these secrets, it was nearly impossible for most people to learn this ancient art.

Since publishing his numerous articles on the subject of the Iron Palm, strangely, "experts" have suddenly appeared everywhere, doing everything from making outlandish claims of nearly supernatural powers to selling questionable liniments. Why trust the health of your hands to "experts" who came about after Master Gray published the knowledge, when you can go right to the man who opened the doors for you in the first place?

http://www.briangray.com/aboutbg.htm

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 4:03am,
Master Brian Gray is considered by many to be the leading authority on the secrets of the Chinese Iron Palm Skills. So shrouded in mystery and secrecy before Master Gray opened the doors to these secrets, it was nearly impossible for most people to learn this ancient art.

Perhaps, Grandmaster Brian Gray will discover the ancient secrets to unlocking the 'Iron bars' to his cell during his time in prison? (Laughing) Golly, I kill me. :)

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 4:14am,
Oh lordy, I found a site where Jacky Chan and Jet Li are posing in pictures with this guy...

http://www.shaolinsan.com/grandmaster_gray.htm

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 4:31am,
I know this guy at the kung-fu magazine forums going to be plenty embarrassed when he learns about his "inspiration"...

[email protected]

xiaotiema

I have known Master Gray for eight years and in those eight years I have seen him perform. He is the real deal. He has been teaching, at least, 40 years.

When I recommended the website to you, I wanted you to see what was going on in his kwoon. He is busy all the time. He keeps his students very active. Maybe you should get up close and personal with one of his instructors and he just might fill you in on what you desire to know.

Bottom line - lineage is not important (to me). It is what a person does, who he is and how he conducts himself. Grandmaster Brian Gray has inspired me, motivated me and given me reasons to stay in the martial arts. To put aside the "warrior" and become a "healer". Have a good day herb ox.

http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?s=996d2549adc69bb9445dacaddb8f4ade& threadid=20448&highlight=Brian+Gray

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 4:36am,
And these guys too...

John Newberry

"I agree with dfe****[email protected] I to have had the chance to train and learn from Master Gray. He is everything dfe****[email protected] has said. His Martial skill is GREAT!! His knowlage of Iron Palm is second to none. I have known Master Gray for over 10 years now and he has alway deliverd the goods!
Have a GREAT one!!"

phantom

"I enjoyed many of Master Gray's articles in "Inside Kung Fu" magazine. Some of his students have also done well in tournaments, so I guess that is a good sign."

[email protected]

xiaotiema

"phantom, Your comment is appreciated. Thanks."

Kungfoolss
4/17/2003 4:41am,
I have to admit, I am enjoying this thread. (Chuckling)

Blad3
4/17/2003 10:50am,
lol OK OK Martial artists ar epretty fucked up lol.

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy who'd **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket. (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket2.html)

Sam Browning
4/17/2003 12:08pm,
hmmm, it looks like some secret "iron palm" techniques should be kept to ones self.

Sam Browning
4/17/2003 3:40pm,
Oh, I just realized, if the allegations are proven true does this mean that Mr. Grey practices the Martial art that dare not speak its name? Create one's own boo-fu pun and insert here.
"Tasteless in Connecticut"

PizDoff
4/17/2003 4:24pm,
KFSS-You like talking to yourself?

Anyways you find some screwed up news....

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
"Just one more........rep!!! ARGH!!!" *Collapses*