PDA

View Full Version : Heeelllp! (lost in Okinawa)

Soju_King
12/03/2005 12:46am,
Just landed in Kadena AFB for deployment. Was wonderin if there was any peeps on bullshido who might be here also. Been tryin to find a decent MA spot to train at.

Its been kinda hard since we P-3 squadron types got weird shift hours an the base is real big. still tryin to learn my way around lol.

If theres any peeps here also in the Kadena AFB area who knows of some good MA spots to train at, some pointers would be appreciated.

VikingPower
12/03/2005 12:15pm,
Camp Foster has the Okinawa Boxing Team, meets Mon, Wed, and Sat if I remember right. If you go to the kids' center on Tuesday or Thursday night, Eddie Erazo might still be teaching karate there. He's Mr. Fight Night for Okinawa, arranges all sorts of kickboxing and MMA matches on Okinawa. He's a good guy to know as he has some hook-ups and you'll get to meet some MMA fighters. Through him I met Enson Inoue, Don Frye, Bas Rutten, Amir Rahnavardi, Ken Shamrock, and Dan Severn.

Camp Foster might still have Mei Bu Kan Goju-Ryu taught by Wade Chroninger. Wade might not look like your typical fighter, but he's tough. You'll do lots and lots of body hardening, not much sparring though. There's Ni-Hon-Ryu Jujitsu on Kadena somewhere, and there's a karate school out in Ginowan but I forget the name of the guy who used to run it. Eddie might know.

If you do get to see Eddie, tell him Alex says what's up. He probably won't remember me since that was a few years ago, but if you tell him that a guy named Pie and I used to train with him, he might.

halfcut
12/03/2005 11:37pm,
I did a two week TDY at Kadena. It was mostly just a party though. From what I remember there were schools everywhere. I wish I could go there again instead of being deployed to central Colombia. You're a P-3 crew member? So I'm not the only SRO operator here? Cool.

CanucKyokushin
12/04/2005 1:08am,
There is a Kyokushin karate school around there somewheres.Look it up.It's run by a Shihan shichinohe who attended a number of World tournaments.So you wil get what you're paying for.Alot of easy weight loss through sweat and bruise.

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.geocities.jp/k_o_shichinohe/herusia2/herusia.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkyokushin%2Bjapan%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

groundcontrolba
12/04/2005 1:35am,
There is a full contact hard sparring school if you head from Kadena towards Naha on if memory serves me rt 58. It is located on the left hand side and has a fucking huge red heavy bag hanging there.When I was there they were a cool bunch of guys.Expect a beating for a while.

Soju_King
12/04/2005 3:52am,
I did a two week TDY at Kadena. It was mostly just a party though. From what I remember there were schools everywhere. I wish I could go there again instead of being deployed to central Colombia. You're a P-3 crew member? So I'm not the only SRO operator here? Cool.

naw not a crew member.........im one of those "groundpounder" maintenance types lol...................Columbia ......wow......u guys doing counter-drug Ops or somethin?

Thanx for those leads @ canyuck, groundcontrol, & Koto. gonna follow up on those as soon as we get situated an some free time.

VikingPower
12/04/2005 11:25am,
There is a full contact hard sparring school if you head from Kadena towards Naha on if memory serves me rt 58. It is located on the left hand side and has a fucking huge red heavy bag hanging there.When I was there they were a cool bunch of guys.Expect a beating for a while.

That's the karate school I was thinking of. There's lots of cool cats there, and they party as hard as they fight :bully:

halfcut
12/04/2005 12:40pm,
naw not a crew member.........im one of those "groundpounder" maintenance types lol...................Columbia ......wow......u guys doing counter-drug Ops or somethin?

Yep I'm doing counter-narcoterrorism. I'm an operator on an RC-7. Have fun at Kadena and be sure to check out Patty Mac's, it's probably one of the best bars outside of the base.

groundcontrolba
12/05/2005 12:41am,
That's the karate school I was thinking of. There's lots of cool cats there, and they party as hard as they fight :bully:
Yes indeed.I caught an asswhipping for the first 3 months and it was definitely an education.If your big and american you will be the most popular new student and everyone will want to play with you . The first time you walk in they will explain the best that they can that this is a full contact school.If you dont speak japanese already this will be the quickest way to learn since pain is the best motivator.

When were you there Koto?Did they teach you the dojo kun? I took japanese in high school and when they were teaching me the dojo kun there were words i didnt recognize and couldnt find in the dictionary so i asked . They were like we dont know either the words are very old Mike san just say them. Great guys . Parking sucks.

Soju_King
12/06/2005 11:16pm,
that Karate school goin towards Naha sounds cool. unfortunately since my squadron is deployment status we gotta have a "buddy" to go out in town with and everybody got a curfew........fukers lol.

found a gym 10 minutes from my dorm that does kung fu, kenpo, tai chi (chi powaaa!), hapkido, and jujitsu.

guess im gonna take kenpo cause it got some strikin to satisfy my kickin fetish an decide wether to go hapkido or jujitsu for "ground control"

also found out that one of my co-workers from another unit is a fellow MA in tkd an eskrima
so i got a buddy to work out with . cool stuff

VikingPower
12/07/2005 1:51pm,
When were you there Koto?Did they teach you the dojo kun? I took japanese in high school and when they were teaching me the dojo kun there were words i didnt recognize and couldnt find in the dictionary so i asked . They were like we dont know either the words are very old Mike san just say them. Great guys . Parking sucks.

I was there in 2001 to 2002. I trained there a few times because my friend Yakibi took me there to train with them. It was mostly me getting the **** kicked out of me because I had virtually no kicking skills at the time. They were a part of Fight Club Heat so there'd often be a match once a month, it was at a gymnasium in the outskirts of Naha. Eddie Erazo took me there with a couple other guys, including one dude, Tony Pray, who Ken Shamrock saw fight and told him to come try out for the Lion's Den whenever he finished his four years. Dunno if he ever went that route though. We did a few shows on Kadena too and one or two on Foster at the Globe and Anchor.