PDA

View Full Version : UFC 56 : Full Force Results (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FighterJones
11/19/2005 10:21pm,
I'll update em as i get the info.....

Nick Thompson wins over Keith Wisniewski Decision (Unaminous)

Thiago Alves wins over Ansar Chalangov TKO (Strikes) 2:25 Round 1

Sam Hoger wins over Jeff Newton Submission (Rear-naked Choke) 2:05 Round 2

Jeremy Horn wins over Trevor Prangley Decision (Unaminous)

Georges St. Pierre wins over Sean Sherk TKO (Strikes) 2:53 Round 2

Matt Hughes wins over Joe Riggs Submission (Kimura) 3:28 Round 1

Gabriel Gonzaga wins over Kevin Jordan TKO (Strikes) 4:39 Round 3

Rich Franklin wins over Nathan Quarry KO (Punch) 2:34 Round 1

I think i only had one fight wrong, and I had alot of the methods right :P so there.
I just laughed when i seen that nate got knocked out in the first round, i mean i know he was out classes but ahhahahahahah

Cassius
11/20/2005 12:43am,
Man. My predictions were terrible.

chaosexmachina
11/20/2005 12:49am,
A decision, Jeremy? Man, I wanted you to TAP HIS ASS. Ew, not that way.

Darkpaladin
11/20/2005 1:01am,
What happened with Franklin v. Quarry?

Baator-Steel
11/20/2005 1:33am,
franklin knocked him out round one about 2 min in

QuickJab
11/20/2005 2:16am,
Devastating KO by franklin. WOW. Quarry looked over-matched

Stick
11/20/2005 2:21am,
Quarry's face was literally rearranged, his nose was about an inch to the left following that punch.

What's more, Quarry was essentially out twice, Franklin knocked him hard and followed, and the ref actually asked Quarry if he was good to continue..... after that I knew it would be no time before Quarry was gone. I was right.

PirateJon
11/20/2005 3:24am,
Quarry got rocked. heh. seriously, after that first slip he looked like total ass. he was way open and just kept eating punches.

Really, out of the whole show only the saint-pete's fight was all that. Kid looks real good. that **** where Riggs didn't make weight and it not being a title match was crazy. His look of wide-eyed panic when he realised he couldn't power out of Matt's sub was pretty funny.

Hell, the biggest kick I got out of the show was the anouncement of tito and shamrock as coaches on TUF 3 and the BJ penn thing.

chaosexmachina
11/20/2005 4:11am,
Yeah! BJs back! That announcement suprised me to say the least.

Dio
11/20/2005 11:13am,
Well worth the trip out to the sports bar, on all counts.

What's the deal with Shamrock and Ortiz all up in each others' faces at the announcement? Just hype for TUF3 or is there a real animosity there?

I liked seeing Matt Hughes set that sub up several times and just stick with it, it's like Riggs didn't pay attention to it or something.

I'd like to see a screen capture of the exact frame when Franklin's fist made contact with Quarry's skull. Is Franklin a leftie or a rightie? Quarry was severaly outclassed, but very gracious in defeat, in fact there was a lot of good sportsmanship displayed at this event, which looks good for the sport.

Shillelagh
11/20/2005 11:32am,
Nick Thompson wins over Keith Wisniewski Decision (Unaminous)

Wha...? Me not see this, usually they at least recap the undercards.

Thiago Alves wins over Ansar Chalangov TKO (Strikes) 2:25 Round 1

After an impressive win like that, he might just have a future with the UFC, but at 170 lbs, he's in for a challenge.

Sam Hoger wins over Jeff Newton Submission (Rear-naked Choke) 2:05 Round 2

Well...dang. "Unorthodox" is right, but Sam prolly should have won sooner. Why is he still getting fights, anyway? They could at least try to make it look like there's an advantage to actually WINNING on TUF.

Jeremy Horn wins over Trevor Prangley Decision (Unaminous)

Kind of a let-down, in that it was plain boring. I was a little surprised the judges went the way they did, but Horn did come closer to winning the fight with those subs. What's more surprising is that the judges actually rewarded it.

Georges St. Pierre wins over Sean Sherk TKO (Strikes) 2:53 Round 2

Tough break for Sean. Nobody's ever walked through him like that, and if Matt Hughes isn't careful, it could be him on the business-end of those elbows next time.

Matt Hughes wins over Joe Riggs Submission (Kimura) 3:28 Round 1

What a textbook win, it was almost like some of Royce Gracie's early fights. And I was so sure Riggs would be even tougher than Karo would have been.

Gabriel Gonzaga wins over Kevin Jordan TKO (Strikes) 4:39 Round 3

It's funny, when Joe Rogan said, "I have to pee," one of my friends said, "yeah, now everyone's gonna get up to pee, and they're gonna miss something huge and awesome." Well, explosive, deliberate knockout or no explosive, deliberate knockout, I NEVER want to see either of these guys in the octagon again.

Rich Franklin wins over Nathan Quarry KO (Punch) 2:34 Round 1

Exactly as I expected. Quarry lost in a devestating fashion, but I think Zuffa should keep him around for awhile; alot of people get knocked out by Rich Franklin, it's really nothing to be ashamed of. Incidentally, did anyone actually see when he got hit in the forehead? Somehow I missed that, but those goose-eggs didn't pound themselves into existance.

And what a bunch of big news. Penn is back, Mir fighting Arlovski, TUF 3, Couture Liddell rubber match...I'd like to predict that Tito's team will dominate, Arlovski by KO, and Penn by anal penetration over the entirety of the welterweight division.

Thank you.

Bang!
11/20/2005 12:12pm,
Props to St. Pierre for an excellent victory and to Hughes for both winning quickly and not coming off as an asshole post-fight. Horn's crazy-ass knees were great, as was Shamrock's inability to remember that he's no longer a professional wrestler.

Akurra
11/20/2005 12:20pm,
The only black spot on this whole event was Prangley getting cheated out of a win. After the second round, even Horn's corner said "Lets assume you each have one round." Horn did have the first round, but the last two where Prangley's for sure. I was very dissapointed with the decision.

chaosexmachina
11/20/2005 2:58pm,
I want to see BJ vs. GSP! LET'S DO THIS!!!

Grashnak
11/20/2005 4:23pm,
So what you're saying is Rich Franklin didn't end up being the one with the weak chin?

Kengou
11/20/2005 5:20pm,
What's this about Tito and Shamrock being TUF3 coaches? Which Shamrock, Frank or Ken?