PDA

View Full Version : Sony is evil (copy protection)

Pages : [1] 2

Wounded Ronin
11/12/2005 7:03pm,
I searched and this didn't come up, so...

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights.html

Apparently, Sony's copy protection is a bitch to get rid of, is poorly written and is prone to causing computer problems, and is all around underhanded. I think Sony should get kicked in the crotch for this.

hapkido_keith
11/12/2005 7:33pm,
Any way for us less-computer savy people to find out if this stuff is on our computers? And how to get rid of it if it is?

TonyM
11/13/2005 12:41pm,
Sony announced yesteday that they were going to drop the "copyright" protection(read; trojanware).

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
11/13/2005 1:57pm,
I almost thought this was going to be another topic buying into the bullshit that PS3 games would register themselves to a specific system and only be compatible with that system.

Moleculo
11/13/2005 2:02pm,
You can bypass that crap by simply recapturing the video in a different format.

Neildo
11/13/2005 2:04pm,
Sony? Evil?

*eyes PSP suspiciously*

BTW: I did read that blog...and arg. My eyes. Also, my brain. Ow. Too much tech speak for one glace.

Anyway, my friend and I were talking about music UMD's coming soon for PSP. It's interesting that despite all this DRM business, that Sony would set the PSP up to play pirated **** so easily. I mean, it has the capacity to play music but they don't sell music UMD's so they are basically condoning mp3 d/l'ing. Also, it's not terribly difficult to convert video for it either. (actually, converting anime was what started the convo)

Kayne
11/14/2005 4:57am,
Yeah, that site went straight over my head and hit the wall behind me. No clue as to what that feller was saying.

supercrap
11/14/2005 5:07am,
Sony? Evil?

*eyes PSP suspiciously*

BTW: I did read that blog...and arg. My eyes. Also, my brain. Ow. Too much tech speak for one glace.

Anyway, my friend and I were talking about music UMD's coming soon for PSP. It's interesting that despite all this DRM business, that Sony would set the PSP up to play pirated **** so easily. I mean, it has the capacity to play music but they don't sell music UMD's so they are basically condoning mp3 d/l'ing. Also, it's not terribly difficult to convert video for it either. (actually, converting anime was what started the convo)

I think you are supposed to play your own collection.

What, you mean all mp3players encourage piracy? Pah!

Oh, wait a minute...

Neildo
11/14/2005 9:32pm,
I think you are supposed to play your own collection.

Well, that is the idea, but when said collection is mostly d/l'd.....uh....

What? I didn't say anything. I buy all my music. twice. yeah.

Locu5
11/14/2005 9:39pm,
tunebite. you are welcome.

sidran
11/16/2005 2:34pm,
I just saw an article from NYTimes.com about how Sony is recalling CDs with the copy protection software on them because they realised it can harm peoples computers, open them up for internet attacks, etc.

The article is here: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/16/technology/16sony.html?th&emc=th

Neildo
11/16/2005 7:02pm,
Nice! Sony is evil, yet takes responsibility for crap like that. werd!

Deluxe247
11/16/2005 7:20pm,
I love sony....must buy sony products.....sony is the best......

Deluxe247
11/16/2005 7:21pm,
Hey thats not what I typed! damn you evil bastards!

Neildo
11/16/2005 7:27pm,
It may not be what you intended to type, then the Sony brand brainwashing chip kicked in.

You probably hear this a lot....but your avatar is oddly hypnotic.

Deluxe247
11/16/2005 7:45pm,
Best part about my avatar : I see it in real life everyday. My wifes tits are AWSOME.