PDA

View Full Version : Ring Magazine Champions

QuickJab
11/03/2005 4:53pm,
This is a list of the Boxing champs as recognized by RING magazine. I'm sick and tired of the alphabet groups (WBC, WBA, IBF etc...) destroying what I believe is a beautiful and one of the most purest sports in the world. The Alphabet groups are BULLSHIDO at its worst, stripping champs for little or no reason, requiring champs to pay ridiculous sanctioning fees and not ranking deserving fighters and ranking undeserving ones. The RING champs are the champs that I and many other Boxing fans consider LEGIT and I hope you here at BULLSHIDO will do the same.

HeavyWeight (200 lbs and Over) - Vitali Klitschko
Cruiser Weight (200 lbs)- Jean Marc Mormeck
Light Heavy (175 lbs)- Antonio Tarver
MiddleWeight (160 lbs)- Jermain Taylor
Junior Middle (154 lbs)- Winky Wright
Welterweight (147 lbs)- Zab Judah
Junior Welter (140 lbs)- Ricky Hatton
Lightweight (135 lbs) - Diego Corrales

Weights that are not listed here have vacant ring titles.

J

OZZ
11/03/2005 4:59pm,
"The Bible Of Boxing"
So it is written, so it shall be..
Amen.

X_plosion
11/03/2005 7:38pm,
Ah, yes. It seems that there's always a new alphabet organization sprouting up sooner or later. It then produces champs that you've never heared of.

Good thing publications like "The Ring" are there to track and record the performance of the legitimate champions.

Knightmare
11/03/2005 8:39pm,
I don't agree with the Hatton pick. It should be Mayweather Jr. IMO.

QuickJab
11/04/2005 12:38pm,
Hatton wasn't picked. He beat Kostya Tyzu, who was the champ. According to RING magazine policy, once you have won the RING belt, the only way you can lose it is to lose in the ring or vacate the title. RING doesn't strip its champions. Hatton won the RING title from Tyzu and even though Mayweather is better, Hatton IS the CHAMP.

Ronin
11/04/2005 12:48pm,
A sad day in boxing when Klitchko is Ring Magazine HW champion.

QuickJab
11/04/2005 1:01pm,
Not a Klitchko fan myself either., but all the other Heavies suck balls. Chris Bryd is dull and boring. John Ruiz is even worse. Lamon Brewster has some power, but not much else. Klitchko defends the RING title next week against Hasim Rahman. I don't know what the deal with Rahman is, sometimes he looks great, then he'll suck his next fight. No consistant enough. Maybe its his training habits, I don't know.

PirateJon
11/04/2005 3:46pm,
Klitchko isn't bad, but goddamn he's a dull fighter. Hasn't been a good heavyweight since Lewis (and I think he was over rated too).

What gives? No heavies coming up? They all suck or something?

Ronin
11/04/2005 3:54pm,
The heavyweight division has never been THE division for people who know boxing, its always been the Middleweights and sometimes the lightweights.
Its only the uneducated fans that pay attention to the fatties.

OZZ
11/04/2005 5:46pm,
The heavyweight division has never been THE division for people who know boxing, its always been the Middleweights and sometimes the lightweights.

I would agree with this.

OZZ
11/04/2005 5:47pm,
A sad day in boxing when Klitchko is Ring Magazine HW champion.
Can you think of anyone else? Or are you just commenting on the state of the Heavyweight division generally?

Ronin
11/07/2005 8:04am,
Can you think of anyone else? Or are you just commenting on the state of the Heavyweight division generally?

The state state of the HW division.
****, I knew it was going downhill when people started mentioning RJJ as the savior of the HW division.

MrMcFu
11/07/2005 8:15am,
This is cool. I will look up more on it.

kpmurphy
11/07/2005 10:11am,

I completely agree with this. The problem is the uneducated fans also pay attention to all the alphabet titles and buy the PPV featuring John Ruiz of all people. If they stopped buying the crap, would we get a better product?