PDA

View Full Version : Dying to see

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shinigami
11/02/2005 2:11am,
I really badly want to see the video "Drunken Style Kung Fu vs. Kyokushin Karate" in the video section. Drunken style just doesn't seem like a style you could walk into a street brawl and do, and I've never even heard of Kyokushin, I'm really dying to see it! but the link seems dead, anyone know how else I can see it?

If not, then could someone at least explain Kyokushin a bit?

fanatical
11/02/2005 2:31am,
I really badly want to see you stop making threads.

ESPECIALLY WITHOUT SEARCHING THE FORUMS OR THE GOD DAMNED INTARWEB!

Kengou
11/02/2005 3:22pm,
google "drunken vs kyokushin", you'll probably find it somewhere.

Method2Madness
11/02/2005 3:24pm,
it'll be up again. so just wait alittle. if you really want to see some kyokushin then search it on google or yahoo video.

Kengou
11/02/2005 3:54pm,
By the way, the video isn't that great. It's funny, but it's basically a Kyokushin guy kicking the crap out of a dumbass acting drunk and wearing a kung fu uniform.

It's always amused me how there is a style which says that acting drunk will make you a good fighter.

Locu5
11/02/2005 5:41pm,
Is he dead yet?

Shinigami
11/02/2005 5:53pm,
fanatical - wow, such a hater. What limb did I hack off of you in the past? What makes you think I haven't tried searching in the past? Asking an asshole like you for help is normally the bottom of my list of resorts. I searched for it on google, those links all seemed to either lead here or were also dead.

Locu5
11/02/2005 5:59pm,
Oh really? Did you consider trying http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q=Drunken%20Style%20vs%2e%20Kyokushin which leads to http://www.tooshocking.com/index.php?ns=videos&page=260&limit=50 on the 7th link which leads to http://www.tooshocking.com/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=437 ?

EDIT BTW: Total time, less than thirty seconds.

Locu5
11/02/2005 6:03pm,
Are you dead now?

Locu5
11/02/2005 6:07pm,
Great, that means he is alive again. So now we have a retarded zombie lurking the boards now, thanks to your ridiculous attraction to the truth...

Shinigami
11/02/2005 6:33pm,
locu5 - no, I did a search for the name of the video and got links here. searches for drunken style turned up newspaper clippings of people who got drunk and started up ****, and I don't even know what kyokushin is.... thanks for the link though

Shinigami
11/02/2005 6:36pm,
dude... that guy got his ass beat

I think so much less of Drunken style now just because of that... Kyokushin looks pretty neat though. That guy could kick pretty fast.

Vile
11/02/2005 7:07pm,
Helps if you watch it with someone who speaks Japanese.

The fights were shot for a TV show (sort of a celebrity variety show).

The Kyokushin fighters had been asked to take it easy on the Kung-Fu exponents. The third fight gets stopped as the KF guy isn't moving enough and is heading towards a serious hurt.

Not normally that common to see such a high proportion of kicking in KK, but the fighters essentially treated the KF guys as training dummies, and just mucked around with them.

Kyokushin has a lot of children styles - World Oyama Karate/Shidokan, Seido-Juku (not as good for the fighting as the others - don't use gedan mawashi geri and has moved backwards), Seidokai (started K1), Steve Arneills style (I forget the name).

KK and their descendent styles have done well in a lot of competitions - Andy Hug (Seidokai), Filho (Kyokushin) Glaube Feitosa (Kyokushin) are names you might know from K1 - Have been told the Russian who won the Las Vegas K1 in August (Ruslan Karaev or something?) was a Kyokushin exponent as well?

Bas Rutten trained Kyokushin (among other things).

Essentially KK is a hybrid style descended from Goju-Ryu and Shotokan Karate, with elements of Chinese and Korean Kenpo and some boxing and a very strong Muay Thai influence - from the 1950s to the 1970s some of the best exponents fought (and mostly won very close victories) some of the top Muay Thai guys under Thai rules in Thailand. As a result KK changed a lot - roundhouse kicks strike with the shin (adopted after Oyama fought in Thailand in the 1950's), a lot of emphasis on knee and elbow strikes, clinchwork (not all dojos) and the stance looks more like MT or KB than other Karate. Punches are thrown like boxing punches. If you remove the Kata and Ido-Geiko its essentially Japanese Kickboxing.

Drunken style is ****. Always will be and always has been. All the disadvantages of being drunk and none of the immunity to pain and feelings of invincibility. Any fights it won in legend were probably because the opponent pissed himself laughing. Ashida Kim and his Ninjas have more cred than Drunken Style.

If you want reputable Chinese MA scan these forums - Baji, Xing-Yi seem to have the most cred (I've heard Baji described by CMA guys as the Chinese counterpart to KK). If their students train for or compete in San-Shou/Sanda its a very good sign.

Shinigami
11/02/2005 7:24pm,
ahh.. now THAT's something I'd really like to see. A Bagua vs Xingyi matchup. Technically, I've already seen one, but come on, "The One" is a little exagerated in the fight scenes. If anyone knows where to find a genuine unscripted Bagui vs Xingyi match, hook me up.

CanucKyokushin
11/02/2005 7:27pm,
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Neildo
11/02/2005 7:45pm,
...anyone know how else I can see it?

Pretty sure it's on the bullshido server so it's not going anywhere.

It, and other sweet kyokushin highlight clips are on pages 5 and 6 of THIS (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28345) thread.

edit: just verified those links...they're all dead. I saved the clips if you have somewhere i can upload them to. I don't know if Phrost wants them.