PDA

View Full Version : TKD vs. Mauy Thai (real)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kikkoman
10/31/2005 9:00pm,
It seems alot of the TKD vs. Mauy Thai vids are fake, worked, or TomatoCanned. It's like there's no honest people left who want to test their style for real.

I want to try a fight with mauy thai myself and see how well I do. I've fought a few times in throwdowns and did OK, got beat down by several people too. There are no mauy thai guys at the throwdown. I might try going to a thai gym but don't want to come off as some disrespectful prick trying to make mauy thai look bad. If I can find a fellow bullshido member that would be auwsome. Maybe we could hold the fight at a MD throwdown(they are once a month).

I realize I might get KO'd or have my leg kicked to putty. I'm not a kick ass fighter or anything but I want to test my style as much as I can. I might convert to MMA fighitng soon so I want to test my TKD while i'm still a pristine TKD virgin, not corrupted by training in other striking. :kermit:

I'm 195 pounds so someone in that general area would be good.

Draven
10/31/2005 9:06pm,
*Muay Thai

And donīt challenge a good MT fighter if you only have TKD experience, you will get killed.

Fantasy Warrior
10/31/2005 9:11pm,
kikkoman, why don't you just take up Muay Thai, tell them what you've done and say you're keen on sparring. You'll soon get a feel for how you'd have do with TKD against MT.

kikkoman
10/31/2005 9:21pm,
It's ok if I lose. I'm not trying to be a bad ass or anything. I just want to test my style.

"tell them what you've done and say you're keen on sparring." --kickcatcher

That sounds like a good idea. I'll probably end up doing that. Maybe even join their school. I'm not training anywhere at the moment. I've been on a 3.5 year break from martial arts. The throwdown has given me my interest back.

But are there any people here on bullshido that want to throw down?

MaverickZ
10/31/2005 9:23pm,
But are there any people here on bullshido that want to throw down?

...... i think it's time you took up a hobby where you don't get hit in the head nearly as much.

kikkoman
10/31/2005 9:25pm,
But this is cooler.

Camus
10/31/2005 9:30pm,
Better hit the weights

Torakaka
10/31/2005 9:50pm,
if you walk into a muay thai school and say you're curious about trying it out but would like to spar with some of the "black belts" (no, muay thai doesn't have belts) they will probably spar with you.

kikkoman
10/31/2005 9:51pm,
:new_rainf :5umbrella :new_smile

Torakaka
10/31/2005 9:53pm,
:new_rainf :5umbrella :new_smile

STOP THAT

kikkoman
10/31/2005 9:58pm,
:occasion5 :icescream :new_smili :kiss: :angel8:

eyebeams
10/31/2005 10:26pm,
No no. That's not the right way at all You're much better off filming it quietly, dumping it on some retarded site anonymously, and letting us find it 6 months later so that if you won, we can say the Muay Thai guy was an unrepresentative shitty fluke and if you lose, that TKD sucks.

If you lose, also, bring TKD friends with shitty grammar to moan about Person>Style, plzkthx.

Honor
11/01/2005 2:53am,
I'd fight you but I'm 170lbs with one good knee. I'd say that's a fair fight. ;)

SifuAbel
11/01/2005 3:11am,
*Muay Thai

And donīt challenge a good MT fighter if you only have TKD experience, you will get killed.

Remember the word "good" is copyrighted. Don't get the RIAA on you for it.

The Good Grappler, The Good Striker, The Good "Etc,Etc", you get the picture.

JohnnyCache
11/01/2005 5:05am,
If you're going to harrass every girl that comes onto this site with your avatar until they leave, will you at least learn to use photoshop?

SifuAbel
11/01/2005 11:23am,
Man!, all you do is bitch , bitch, bitch.